THE BEATLES - The Original Mono Studio Albums Remastered

It's bad enough when people's entitlement causes them to treat small labels or individual sellers like they're Amazon, but it's another thing when you think a company should eat a $300 loss for the privilege of having you as a customer. The customer is not always right. This is what people hate about service industry jobs.

The phrase came from some book by the owner of Hilton hotels. Since I work in IT i have a saying on my desk that says "Anyone who thinks the customer is always right has never worked in tech support". 

Amoeba.com has this up for a preorder and they have their monthly 15% off promotion running.  List for $380 with the 15% off it comes to $323 (free shipping). 

15% off code is "aug1514"

http://www.amoeba.com/the-beatles-in-mono-vinyl-box-set-180-gram-vinyl-lp-the-beatles/albums/3349129/

That's a good deal...

I actually just ordered 9 of the albums I wanted from Amoeba (all of them minus White Album, which I already have from 1981, and the singles collection, which I also already have as 45s). Got them for $177 shipped. Don't care about or have room for another box and Beatles book.

Im just saying that if you already have the stereo box, that mono box isnt as half interesting to look at via some youtube video - visually the records look almost exactly the same. Its not like that if this one is all analog, the records suddenly look also better (Im sure for some people it will) - they put as much effort into the stereo box as to the mono.

I hope to never meet one of these people in person.

Eh, maybe so, but their obsessiveness is the main reason Universal is doing this set right, with the original masters and a 100% analog transfer start-to-finish. 

Most labels these days are happy to churn out shitty digital transfers that basically transfer CD data over to vinyl and charge naive customers $30 for the privilege. The only way that changes is when people complain to the labels... Loudly. 

And support the releases that do it right. (While not buying the others.)

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know the cheapest spot to pick this up? there was a post earlier in this thread with like 40 bucks off what amazon is doing, but they're doing pickup only now.

Ssd bull moose and elusive disc all had it around $336.99. I preordered long time back at that price and it already shipped...should b here this week. Those places were also tax free to California. I canceled my amazon preordered last week since they have yet to drop and charge tax for me....their loss...I just have to wait an extra day or two...