THE BEATLES - The Original Mono Studio Albums Remastered

All-analog pressing. Original replica covers. And around $27 or so for individual albums.

I know some complain about the "100th repressing" of these albums... except that the ORIGINAL UK MONO records haven't been available since the original runs in the 1960s. And good luck finding clean copies now for under $30.

I'll definitely have to grab Help, Revolver, and Rubber Soul. Maybe the White Album and Mono Masters too. Between this and the Zep reissues, it's been a solid year so far.

Pressing defects or no, I suggest that the bigger issue was digital mastering.  Even if you get a "good product" you're getting a bad product.

Digital mastering is not an intrinsically bad product, that's just fundamentalist audiophile propaganda. More articulate people have made my case more eloquently elsewhere, so I'll just say that digital is technically capable of achieving anything analog is capable of, and for cheaper and faster. That's why it's used.

Wow I am so happy they're making the 100th repress of albums that everyone has thay will back up pressing plants for a while.

1. If you can find me some clean mono pressings for less than what these will end up costing, more power to you. Some things aren't worth the hassle for me. I'm probably going to give in and pick up the later albums eventually, assuming these stay in print for awhile.

2. These are getting pressed in Germany, it shouldn't affect release schedules domestically.

Pressing defects or no, I suggest that the bigger issue was digital mastering.  Even if you get a "good product" you're getting a bad product.

Why? I heard little to no outcry about the mastering, only about the defects. My Sgt. Peppers stereo remaster sounds pretty good to my ears.

I've seen nobody really address this: If there's only 11 mono albums, why is it a "14-LP box set?"

I have no idea if what you're saying is accurate, but the reason that I've heard as to why the stereo set upset people was that it was cut from the digital CD remaster rather than taking it from the analog source tapes and remastered specifically for vinyl.

You got to choose your words more carefully :)  - the vinyl versions were NOT cut from the CD master, both the CD and vinyl version were mastered from the master tapes (made into files) and these files were mastered differently for the CD version AND vinyl version. The vinyl version was made more dynamic than the CD version, plus there were tweaking made to reduce sibilance etc. So it wasnt just as simple as pressing the CD on vinyl. If you ask me - the vinyl versions sound amazingly great, definitely better than any previous vinyl version I also have (I dont have the first presses though).

Yeah, I'm incredibly happy with the stereo box. I was very lucky and had no defects in my set. I think they sound fantastic. I think it's silly to get butthurt about the source used for the stereo box (cough*stevehoffmanforum*cough). Sure AAA would have been nice, but I can't tell the difference. I'm betting most can't either.

Yeah, I'm incredibly happy with the stereo box. I was very lucky and had no defects in my set. I think they sound fantastic. I think it's silly to get butthurt about the source used for the stereo box (cough*stevehoffmanforum*cough). Sure AAA would have been nice, but I can't tell the difference. I'm betting most can't either.

One more vote for "The stereo vinyl sounds great," here. I didn't buy the box, only Sgt. Pepper, but I'm really satisfied with it. It's a nice package. It doesn't have the sound of vintage, played 100-times vinyl, like my White Album, Help, Abbey Road, and Let It Be do, but its great quality. 

$336 (which gets you free shipping) at Bullmoose. 

http://www.bullmoose.com/p/16712732/beatles-the-beatles-in-mono-vinyl-box-mono-lp-box-set-11-album-set-14lp

Also, that gives you a ton of those Bullmoose points which gets you discounts on other albums.

Bullmoose is great, the other added bonus is that you're supporting an indie music shop.

$336 (which gets you free shipping) at Bullmoose. 

http://www.bullmoose.com/p/16712732/beatles-the-beatles-in-mono-vinyl-box-mono-lp-box-set-11-album-set-14lp

Also, that gives you a ton of those Bullmoose points which gets you discounts on other albums.

What are the chances this dips to around 200$ for maybe black friday or something?