THE BEATLES - The Original Mono Studio Albums Remastered

The claim is this is limited edition, sorry if this has been answered, but does anyone know how limited it is?

Its a one time pressing. As for number thats unknown. It will sell out eventually, but I'm sure you have got some time. They probably want this to be available for the holidays.

So how do these puppies sound?

General consensus I've seen around the internet is that these sound great! If I'm not mistaken, the "blue box" is widely regarded as the best sounding non-original, all analog pressing, but I havent seen anyone compare the two yet. [someone please correct me if I'm wrong about the blue box!]

General consensus I've seen around the internet is that these sound great! If I'm not mistaken, the "blue box" is widely regarded as the best sounding non-original, all analog pressing, but I havent seen anyone compare the two yet. [someone please correct me if I'm wrong about the blue box!]

The blue box is highly acclaimed, however those are the stereo versions. Somewhere around 82 there was a mono box released however that is really hard and expensive to come across (I think it was limited to 1000).

Analog Planet's Michael Fremer has reviewed every one of the albums (scroll down the page) and compares it to his original copies. Seems like the set is excellent.

General consensus I've seen around the internet is that these sound great! If I'm not mistaken, the "blue box" is widely regarded as the best sounding non-original, all analog pressing, but I havent seen anyone compare the two yet. [someone please correct me if I'm wrong about the blue box!]

Yes, the blue box is considered the best stereo records, outside of the original UK Parlophone pressings.

The blue box is highly acclaimed, however those are the stereo versions. Somewhere around 82 there was a mono box released however that is really hard and expensive to come across (I think it was limited to 1000).

Analog Planet's Michael Fremer has reviewed every one of the albums (scroll down the page) and compares it to his original copies. Seems like the set is excellent.

Yes, the blue box is considered the best stereo records, outside of the original UK Parlophone pressings.

Ahh I knew I was off about something but couldnt remember what. Of course it was something that big haha

Thanks guys for setting me straight  

I went through the singles collection and the first 4 LPs last night and they all sound better than any Beatles records I've ever heard. They put the stereo remasters to shame and utterly smoke the blue box. I know it's apples/oranges comparing mono and stereo, but this is how these albums should be heard.

I've never heard "Revolution" sound so powerful. When that first drum beat snaps in, you feel it in your chest. Every record is crankable. "She Loves You" sounds like a hurricane.

Agreed with all the above. If you love the Beatles at all and can afford it, you NEED this set. Upshot is you won't need to buy a single other Beatles record beyond Abbey Road and Let It Be. (And possibly the Stereo Masters or the blue album AKA 1967-70 if you REALLY like The Ballad Of John & Yoko.)

Even just getting the records individually, 1-2 at a time, would work. They're all fantastic but I'd start with Rubber Soul, Revolver, and Sgt Peppers. Absolutely amazing.

And yes to echo the above, Revolution sounds like a f----n' battering ram in mono. Loud and nasty and heavy as hell. For the first time EVER I had a needle jump the groove (on the final chorus) because the bass was that strong. Next time I won't turn it up quite as loud... 

Agreed with all the above. If you love the Beatles at all and can afford it, you NEED this set. Upshot is you won't need to buy a single other Beatles record beyond Abbey Road and Let It Be. (And possibly the Stereo Masters or the blue album AKA 1967-70 if you REALLY like The Ballad Of John & Yoko.)

Even just getting the records individually, 1-2 at a time, would work. They're all fantastic but I'd start with Rubber Soul, Revolver, and Sgt Peppers. Absolutely amazing.

And yes to echo the above, Revolution sounds like a f----n' battering ram in mono. Loud and nasty and heavy as hell. For the first time EVER I had a needle jump the groove (on the final chorus) because the bass was that strong. Next time I won't turn it up quite as loud... 

Revolution # 9 is supposed to have some sounds on it that can't be heard in the stereo mix or something? Or are you talking about just Revolution?

Revolution # 9 is supposed to have some sounds on it that can't be heard in the stereo mix or something? Or are you talking about just Revolution?

Actually, Revolution #9 is one of the only mono tracks that was a "fold down" from the stereo and not its own unique mix. Apparently the moves were too hard to replicate and George & The Beatles just decided to do one mix....

But I was talking about Revolution, the single with the super-overdriven guitar. The stereo version (from the American blue album 1967-70, and also Hey Jude) is fine and all, but the mono mix just crushes it. Was this ever on anything aside from the original mono single (b/w "Hey Jude") before now??

Just caved in and found this for $298.00 from an indie store in Alabama with free shipping on eBay. Shocked Amazon is so super high on the price for this. Hopefully indie stores can take advantage, I'm guessing word of mouth is going to sell a lot of these puppies for the holidays. 

Well the cost to retailers is $300. That's awesome your store offered such a great deal, but between that price and shipping I gotta assume they're losing money?....

Well the cost to retailers is $300. That's awesome your store offered such a great deal, but between that price and shipping I gotta assume they're losing money?....

I thought it might be too good to be true, but they verified it was brand new and factory sealed. Here's praying for no damage during shipping.

That being said, if one was to buy all of these Mono LP's separately without the box set, you'd be looking at approx $290 from Amazon for the full set.

Does the box and book justify an extra $50-$100? Are these numbered?

Actually, Revolution #9 is one of the only mono tracks that was a "fold down" from the stereo and not its own unique mix. Apparently the moves were too hard to replicate and George & The Beatles just decided to do one mix....

But I was talking about Revolution, the single with the super-overdriven guitar. The stereo version (from the American blue album 1967-70, and also Hey Jude) is fine and all, but the mono mix just crushes it. Was this ever on anything aside from the original mono single (b/w "Hey Jude") before now??

Wait, on the White Album there's the 'album version' of Revolution, then there's the 'single version'. Album version is the slow one for both mono and stereo right? I guess I've never heard a mono LP or CD of the White Album, so I can't say which song version they use for mono.

As for appearing on other things, Revolution appears on the Past Masters 2, but that was first available as CD in the 80's and some import LP (perhaps a boot in 1987) then pressed for vinyl with the remasters.

As much as I'd like to buy the box set and knock these out in one purchase, I'll probably end up slowly piecing together the set by buying the individual monos from various outlets during holiday sales. I already own most of the stereo reissues and just can't justify that box set right now...

That's what I'm probably going to end up doing as well. I'll probably just trade my stereo mixes toward them one at a time as I get a chance.

Wait, on the White Album there's the 'album version' of Revolution, then there's the 'single version'. Album version is the slow one for both mono and stereo right? I guess I've never heard a mono LP or CD of the White Album, so I can't say which song version they use for mono.

As for appearing on other things, Revolution appears on the Past Masters 2, but that was first available as CD in the 80's and some import LP (perhaps a boot in 1987) then pressed for vinyl with the remasters.

Right, the "album version" of Revolution is slow and laid back, That's the White Album. Same version for both stereo and mono. (The only song that's substantially changed on the mono is "Helter Skelter," which doesn't fade back in like the stereo.)

"Revolution" the fast version is the flip side of "Hey Jude." I think the single was mono then stereo (don't quote me). The stereo mix was used for the American-only compilation "Hey Jude" and then the "Blue Album" (1967-70). The mono box from '82 didn't include any of the singles... And Past Masters has been released on vinyl a few times, but always with the stereo mixes.

SO... This might be the first time ever that the mono "Revolution" (and Hey Jude, and Lady Madonna, and Get Back, among others) has appeared on a full-length vinyl album. Damn.