Thanks, that pretty much answers my question that there won't be a photo-op/signing.  

I agree, the value is still there, however I'm faced with having to fork out for 2 VIPs.  If I were guaranteed the photo I'd do it right now (and my gf would actually give a crap about it - she can do without the merch).   

Haha true. I'm in the same boat and had to buy 1 VIP cause we both can't afford that on top of the tickets. I would say there is still a decent chance for at least a signing and possibly a photo. Plus you could probably find someone on here to take the merch for one of the bundles off your hands. 

I just can't see letting go of the track order I know and love for a different track listing...

That too... Although Suspending Disbelief is a FANTASTIC song. Fits better on the Inuit Sessions though. I'm gonna make a playlist later to see if it even goes.

Did this last night, I am still up in the air, its ok but just not the same. Going to listen to it a few more times.

I just did this and it made me realize that the same guitar sound at the end of Oh, Hello is at the beginning of Suspending Disbelief. Seems like that's where they wanted it in the first place. Hopefully it will be mixed to have a seamless transition.

I just did this and it made me realize that the same guitar sound at the end of Oh, Hello is at the beginning of Suspending Disbelief. Seems like that's where they wanted it in the first place. Hopefully it will be mixed to have a seamless transition.

I think someone said that two pages ago.

Edit: Found it

The song was supposed to be on Juturna, but the guys at Equal Vision didn't want it on there for some reason. The feedback at the end of Oh, Hello actually fades into it.

There won't be any chance for a signing or pics, which really upsets me

"The question and answer session will consist of VIP buyers having an opportunity to collectively ask band related questions to the members of Circa Survive. Approximately 30 minutes will be available for this. After that, the band will begin the acoustic performance. There is not an individual meet and greet or photo opportunity included with this bundle."

It better be a long acoustic performance if they have an hour left after the q+a

There won't be any chance for a signing or pics, which really upsets me

"The question and answer session will consist of VIP buyers having an opportunity to collectively ask band related questions to the members of Circa Survive. Approximately 30 minutes will be available for this. After that, the band will begin the acoustic performance. There is not an individual meet and greet or photo opportunity included with this bundle."

It better be a long acoustic performance if they have an hour left after the q+a

Yeah I just got this email as well, it definitely is a bummer. I suppose the pack is worth it regardless due to the vinyl, acoustic show, and getting into the venue early. However, I always looked forward to getting a jacket signed during these things. Also, I really doubt that they will use the full hour and a half. During both of their last tours they came out and got the fans about 20 mins to a half hour late each show I went to, then the acoustic show was maybe 20 mins, and after that was the meet and greet which lasted maybe 40 minutes for everyone to get through. After that they just let people go take things out to their cars and/or wait for the doors to open inside.

Basically, I doubt they'll start the VIP thing on time, as they haven't for either VIP or Creature Club thing I've been to over the years. And there is no way that the acoustic show lasts an hour, last couple tours they played 4ish songs. I think if they start it late, they'll do Q&A then the acoustic show and be done within an hour.

Kinda a bummer but it will be worth it regardless. Just surprised that they got rid of the meet & greet aspect to it.

I would see the VIP content as "worth it" if the price were a bit cheaper, maybe at around $75.

Either that or if they handed out less of them, so that only around 10 people at each show would get a special meeting with the band where they're able to ask many questions and have everything signed. This to me just feels like a money grab.

I would see the VIP content as "worth it" if the price were a bit cheaper, maybe at around $75.

Either that or if they handed out less of them, so that only around 10 people at each show would get a special meeting with the band where they're able to ask many questions and have everything signed. This to me just feels like a money grab.

The press release did state

"A limited amount of VIP tickets are available per show that include a ticket, single LP with limited screenprinted cover, wall flag, Q&A session and an intimate acoustic set, and more."

How "Limited" it actually is? No idea. I assume however many they press of the record? But yeah, a lot more than 10 per show haha.

Makes me wonder how many are going to be pressed. And what will happen to any excess if the VIPs aren't sold out. I'd be curious to see if Merch Now sells any extras when the VIP ones are shipped. Someone might get a good deal on the screenprinted variant if they decide to do that lol.

Yeah I just got this email as well, it definitely is a bummer. I suppose the pack is worth it regardless due to the vinyl, acoustic show, and getting into the venue early. However, I always looked forward to getting a jacket signed during these things. Also, I really doubt that they will use the full hour and a half. During both of their last tours they came out and got the fans about 20 mins to a half hour late each show I went to, then the acoustic show was maybe 20 mins, and after that was the meet and greet which lasted maybe 40 minutes for everyone to get through. After that they just let people go take things out to their cars and/or wait for the doors to open inside.

Basically, I doubt they'll start the VIP thing on time, as they haven't for either VIP or Creature Club thing I've been to over the years. And there is no way that the acoustic show lasts an hour, last couple tours they played 4ish songs. I think if they start it late, they'll do Q&A then the acoustic show and be done within an hour.

Kinda a bummer but it will be worth it regardless. Just surprised that they got rid of the meet & greet aspect to it.

Doing this Q+A thing just makes the whole thing less personal. Depending on how many people are in each date, theres probably the chance they wont get to everyone for a question. This really seems like a cash grab VIP experience 

By my count there are 26 shows. So doing a little math with typical pressing numbers...

2500/26 ~= 96 VIPs per show

2000/26 ~= 76

1500/26 ~= 57

1000/26 ~= 38

500/26 ~= 19

Yeah I was thinking either 1,200 or 1,500. They could go all out and press 2,500 like the other variants haha. I've only seen 40-50 people at each VIP show so far though.

Doing this Q+A thing just makes the whole thing less personal. Depending on how many people are in each date, theres probably the chance they wont get to everyone for a question. This really seems like a cash grab VIP experience 

I really agree. Anthony said that they're doing it to to have a more quality interaction... Doesn't make sense to me but oh well. I could totally see them hanging out a bit after the acoustic show if they end earlier than expected.

Man, I wish I could go back to the Creature Club days. There was so much time to meet them, ask questions, take pictures, etc. since there was only around 10 people each time. The sound checks were also miles better to see than the acoustic sets. I think it was only around $40 for a membership as well.

Man, I wish I could go back to the Creature Club days. There was so much time to meet them, ask questions, take pictures, etc. since there was only around 10 people each time. The sound checks were also miles better to see than the acoustic sets. I think it was only around $40 for a membership as well.

Yeah $40 a year was pretty amazing. The first wave of shows with Creature Club was great, literally 8-10 people each show. Toward the end they got more crowded, maybe 20-30 but still not nearly as much as the VIP stuff. Creature Club wouldn't work today though because there'd be way too many people. If so many people are willing to pay $80 per show for VIP now, Creature Club would be half the audience now haha.

man, i am super out of the loop on all things circa survive, so please humor me: is "califone" (which is included as a demo on side E) the same song from avalon? and, if so, was it originally meant to be a CS song? i remember anthony played it live back in '05(ish) or so when he was doing solo acoustic stuff so i guess it could've been for either.

i went to three creature club meet & greets. the first two were when BSN had just come out. both were great experiences with very few people and we definitely got our money's worth. the last meet up was at the tail end of the club's existence and it sucked. there were way more people, most of them complete dickbags, and the band was more stand off-ish. 

this band is guilty of doing a ton of shameless cash grabs these days. the $80 VIP packages are bullshit and i would never pay for one. 

Good thing you don't have to buy the package. What do you expect they're grown men that have families to support. You act like they're doing Pepsi commercials

This. I'll pretty much support anything Circa does. I watched Anthont pull my friend out of the crowd after she collapsed mid-song. He stopped the show, took her outside, called an ambulance, and waited till it got there to go back in and continue the show. Grade A humans in my book. I don't give a fuck what shit they put their name on after that.

Edit: Also, VIP tickets Have always been a joke to me. Bitching about no meet & greet makes you all look pretty fucking entitled. Like, you're paying extra for a guaranteed chance to meet the band. As a dude who grew up in the punk scene, paying to meet a band seems kinda lame in my opinion.

Good thing you don't have to buy the package. What do you expect they're grown men that have families to support. You act like they're doing Pepsi commercials

Agree with this completely. If you look at everything they did as far as the self released side of things went with violent waves etc they went pretty cheap on everything considering the cost of all the materials and stuff they had to put together for the bundles. Also, they have families to support and are still doing this cheaper then a lot of artists do. The VIP receipt shows its through merch connection and they set the price accordingly to their costs as well.

This. I'll pretty much support anything Circa does. I watched Anthont pull my friend out of the crowd after she collapsed mid-song. He stopped the show, took her outside, called an ambulance, and waited till it got there to go back in and continue the show. Grade A humans in my book. I don't give a fuck what shit they put their name on after that.

Edit: Also, VIP tickets Have always been a joke to me. Bitching about no meet & greet makes you all look pretty fucking entitled. Like, you're paying extra for a guaranteed chance to meet the band. Kinda lame in my opinion.

Agreed, people act like "ART" should be free, since its what we love people act like its not work and should be handed out. Artists need to make cash, need to support their families and deserve it. Its hard work and many artists, not just musicians, sacrifice a major part of their lives to entertain, to inform and inspire. I say good for them. 

PS, im a working painter, hence the whining haha.

just because i don't have to buy it doesn't mean i can't criticize it. i've supported this band for a really long time. i'll say whatever the fuck i want about their overpriced VIP packages. its not like i'm losing sleep over it. i'm probably not even attending a show on this tour. it wasn't until after the BSN cycle that circa started coming up with dumb ways to charge a lot of money for things that aren't worth it. someone of you shelled out hundreds of dollars for that terrible "hand painted" variant of violet waves.

also, when and where did i say art should be free?