Ambient Related Releases (Drone, Field Recording, Neo-Classical, Experimental)

Have you guys listened to this yet? I'm loving it. Pre-ordered the Erased Tapes version. 

http://www.npr.org/2014/09/28/350636690/first-listen-a-winged-victory-for-the-sullen-atomos

Yes, there is a thread on it from a while ago, its a gorgeous album that I can't wait for. Everything from Erased Tapes is brilliant.

So how does Indiegogo work exactly? If the goal isn't reached do they still have to fulfill your pledge?

There's two types of crowd-funding campaigns:

FIXED, where if the goal is not reached in due time, the campaign is dropped.

FLEXIBLE, where even if the goal is not reached, the available funds are allocated and the existing orders/pledges are fulfilled.

• 2 weeks later...

anyone find where the YELLOW copies of the Stranger Bleaklow LP are being sold...still can't seem to track one down, or at least all the places that have copies doesn't specify? Shoot...

They sold out on Boomkat the first day they were put up, I think. I can't find them anywhere else either - truly a bummer since I was really hoping to buy it on colored wax. But hey, at least the black copies are easy to track down. Can't say that about Eager To Tear Apart The Stars or An Empty Bliss...

They sold out on Boomkat the first day they were put up, I think. I can't find them anywhere else either - truly a bummer since I was really hoping to buy it on colored wax. But hey, at least the black copies are easy to track down. Can't say that about Eager To Tear Apart The Stars or An Empty Bliss...

Keep your eyes on the ambient threads in both this section and general discussion. I tend to announce the boomkat stuff not many others look for - Burial, Stott, Demdike, anything Kirby, etc!

Guest deleted

Keep your eyes on the ambient threads in both this section and general discussion. I tend to announce the boomkat stuff not many others look for - Burial, Stott, Demdike, anything Kirby, etc!

Also there's a Modern Love label thread here:

http://boards.vinylcollective.com/topic/94988-modern-love-label-releases/

Kinda funny coincidence that the only 3 posters in the Modern Love label thread made the last 3 posts in this thread.  

Ok, not that funny.  :blink:

Stoked on this upcoming release via Sonic Pieces...

http://press.morrmusic.com/distribution/release/press/id/2361

For fans of the most droney/ambient Grouper moments...

They have been teasing the color/artwork on FB and I've been waiting, good looking out as I think SP themselves haven't even released that? I could be wrong...But I just completed my Sonic Pieces 12" collection and close to completing the 7", then its on to the CDs...Going to own every "piece" I am not too far, probably more than half way...but those early CDs are going to be impossible to come by!

Deer:

Forced Exposure has yellow copies but you have to email them and ask...kinda exclusive thing I guess...only giving the few they have to those that show interest!

Just a heads up that Ben Frost's second album "Theory of Machines" has been re-pressed.

This was unavailable for a long time and pricey when it was. So if you like his stuff, better get on it.

Saw it in stock with the usual suspects... experimedia, forced exposure, denovali, anost, boomkat, etc.

• 2 weeks later...

The first ever Repress/2nd Edition for Sonic Pieces. (I remember being one of those people requesting a copy, until Peter Broderick scored me one from a trip to Europe) The amazing Otto Totland (1 half of Deaf Center) solo piano album, Pino....(if you enjoy piano records this one is a modern masterpiece one of my favorite records this year!)

http://sonicpieces.bigcartel.com/product/otto-a-totland-pino-2nd-edition-lp

here is what SP has to say:

During this year we got many requests for a repress of Otto A Totland's Pinô on vinyl. Since the initial copies are all handcrafted it isn't so easy for us to just remake them. Also we feel that it's unfair towards our audience to label an edition as limited and then just do another run of exactly the same thing later on. However, we took your requests seriously and spent some time during the summer to figure out a way for a 2nd edition vinyl that is easier to manufacture, but still within the Sonic Pieces style. So here you go and we hope you'll like it as much as we do :)

The Pinô 2nd edition LP comes in a reversed cardboard jacket, printed in- and outside with full tone colours and holds printed innersleeves with the original artwork. 

mialp029_photo.jpg

LOVE ME SOME MIASMAH!! Seems to be a promising new album!!

Andrea Belfi - Natura Morta

http://www.miasmah.com/recordings/index.html

Natura Morta, "dead nature" or "still life". This album can be understood as a powerful study of the minute details of the art of electro-acoustic composition, as much as the Renaissance "nature morte" were a masterful display of the artist’s skill in portraying the glow of a ripe fruit, or capturing the light beaming on a vacant chair. 

Six tracks, to be listened to as two long explorations in the art of variation and repetition. Layers of drums and percussions intertwine with synth waves making the portrait come to life, detail after detail, until a complex figure emerges from the white canvas. The constant, unsteady sounds, wavering noise, swirling cymbals, and distant feedback gently pull the listener into the picture, letting them enjoy every detail of this beautifully staged compositions. 

Recorded at EMS studio, Stockholm, ZKM in Karlsruhe and at the legendary Funkhaus in Berlin, this album mixes influences from both Italian minimalism and the electro-acoustic contemporary scene. Somewhere in between the electronics of Keith Fullerton Whitman, the percussive repetitions of Jon Mueller, and the atmospheric sensibility of Pan-American.

New Lubomyr Melnyk EP up for PO on Erased Tapes, not his continuous piano style, much more subdued but very beautiful

https://soundcloud.com/erasedtapes/lubomyr-melnyk-evertina

I'll co-sign this one. Lubomyr Melnyk is undoubtedly one of the best piano players and composers alive.

Got the clear again to match with his previous outing Corollaries that they put out a year and a half ago. Erased Tapes puts out some quite expensive wax though, both were quite hard on the wallet. 22$ for a 10"