Ambient Related Releases (Drone, Field Recording, Neo-Classical, Experimental)

I'll co-sign this one. Lubomyr Melnyk is undoubtedly one of the best piano players and composers alive.

Got the clear again to match with his previous outing Corollaries that they put out a year and a half ago. Erased Tapes puts out some quite expensive wax though, both were quite hard on the wallet. 22$ for a 10"

Yeah agree, with shipping to Aus it was about $48 for a 10 inch. ouch!

Super excited for it still

One of my latest new favourite genres is dub-techno. Not sure how many of you are into it but here's an artist to check out most definitely.

No vinyl but Docetism from Poland only puts out amazing releases amost all of which are available for free on bandcamp

https://nichts.bandcamp.com/

Loscils best album for sure! I never got into him much, but this latest one is stellar! Got it on Friday and have been spinning it all weekend! 

Also Lubomyr is one of my all time favorite piano players! I missed out on the Clear for his first on ET...still trying to track one down...(never will happen I am sure) but Black will do....I want the clear 10" but ya like $45 for a 10" with 3 songs is just so frustrating...

Also a little pissed I missed out on the Clear, Kiasmos LP....(I just couldn't spend $60 for it, now I wish I had, it sold out quicker than expected) 

Dirk Serries (Fear Falls Burning, vidnaObmana, microphonics) is very active, as per usual:

Yodok III - 'The Sky Flashes, The Great Sea Yearns' 2LP out Jan 16 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwJ6DEgiGkM&feature=youtu.be

Dirk Serries - 'Unseen Descending and Lamentations' LP via Consouling Sounds early 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1H0G8iT2gU&feature=youtu.be

Dirk Serries - 'The Origin Reversal' CD via Projekt out now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14fRfg6rbZs

Loscils best album for sure! I never got into him much, but this latest one is stellar! Got it on Friday and have been spinning it all weekend! 

Also Lubomyr is one of my all time favorite piano players! I missed out on the Clear for his first on ET...still trying to track one down...(never will happen I am sure) but Black will do....I want the clear 10" but ya like $45 for a 10" with 3 songs is just so frustrating...

Also a little pissed I missed out on the Clear, Kiasmos LP....(I just couldn't spend $60 for it, now I wish I had, it sold out quicker than expected) 

Yes. Erased Tapes could really use evening out their prices with other labels. They have some solid consistency with the esthetics of their releases. Makes you feel like you need to follow that same consistency in your collection, ha !

Owing to that, everyone I know seems to love Kiasmos but I'd been putting off listening to them because I am more than sure that I'd love them and didn't act in time to get the clear version so will completely refrain from listening them just to prevent the remorse of missing out on the LTD edition. Now is that silly or what?

That would've been 60$ with shipping, right? It seems Experimedia doesn't carry Erased Tapes vinyl either, only CDs.

That's true, indeed. Sometimes I wish I hadn't caught the coloured wax craze and didn't feel like black was settling, ha.

Anyone who didn't back the Kickstarter, Serein is selling the last few copies of Nest's Retold and Brambles' Charcoal

Both highly recommended.

This is just a heads up to tell you that I'm down to the last few copies of Retold and Charcoal on vinyl. Remember, once they're gone, they're gone - there will be no represses. If you've been hanging on till the last minute, your time has arrived.

You can order through Bandcamp. For the latest shipping estimates please see the relevant release pages on the site, or read the blog post.

tumblr_n9mes7HI5c1qbphn4o8_r1_1280.jpg

That's true, indeed. Sometimes I wish I hadn't caught the coloured wax craze and didn't feel like black was settling, ha.

Anyone who didn't back the Kickstarter, Serein is selling the last few copies of Nest's Retold and Brambles' Charcoal

Both highly recommended.

tumblr_n9mes7HI5c1qbphn4o8_r1_1280.jpg

god damnit this sounds so good

but those prices to the USA are insane 

god damnit this sounds so good

but those prices to the USA are insane 

Through bandcamp the shipping estimates to the US come up to 16$, which really isn't that bad in my eyes. That's with a Washington DC code though, if that makes a difference. Coupled with the cost of the album itself, it's a considerable amount.

I figure I'm just used to dishing out more due to my location. Really have come to be accustomed to throwing lots of money at releases I really enjoy. Around 20$ is pretty much as high as I'll go for shipping but that could be the price of two records almost so I still understand where you're coming from.

• 2 weeks later...

Blue Tapes, out of the UK, is now delving into vinyl. First up on their X-Ray vinyl sub-label is Tashi Dorji's 'Blue Twelve' LP.

https://bluetapes.bandcamp.com/album/x-ray-one-blue-twelve-lp

X-Ray Two features Pour La Plaisir contributing 'Tin Machine EP'

https://bluetapes.bandcamp.com/album/x-ray-two-tin-machine-ep-2

Soooo, I just put up on bandcamp my first ever drone/ambient piece... 51 mins... free download...

please check it out... gonna do a lathe cut on 2x12" soon...

https://palespectre.bandcamp.com/releases

I'm gonna try and post the one I'm working on now by monday...

I like this a lot and I'd be down for 2x12" but I've never had or played a lathe cut. 

Anyone ever had one, and how do they sound?

I'm also curious what the material is... acrylic plexi, or actual vinyl discs?

Lathe's can be either really shitty or close to as good as a low quality vinyl....They do degrade over time (like 100x faster than vinyl) but you get a ton of play out of them. They defiantly have a specific sound to them that can work with certain music I think...

The best way I can describe it is almost like those clear discs you get with a spindle of blank CDS but thicker LOL...if you've ever bought CDrs

thought i'd jump in here and share my ambient / sound collage work as Leaaves (name-your-price downloads!). i've most recently put out a tape on Illuminated Paths – it's a cohesive suite of piano and guitar works, with field recordings, detailed sampling, and lots of reverb.

i'm currently working on a split LP with drone mainstays Lost Trail, and it's gonna hit hard. we're looking for additional labels anywhere across the globe to help put it out on 12" vinyl (we've got a few labels spearheading the project already), so if you're interested or know of solid labels to check out, i'd appreciate it!

thought i'd jump in here and share my ambient / sound collage work as Leaaves (name-your-price downloads!). i've most recently put out a tape on Illuminated Paths – it's a cohesive suite of piano and guitar works, with field recordings, detailed sampling, and lots of reverb.

i'm currently working on a split LP with drone mainstays Lost Trail, and it's gonna hit hard. we're looking for additional labels anywhere across the globe to help put it out on 12" vinyl (we've got a few labels spearheading the project already), so if you're interested or know of solid labels to check out, i'd appreciate it!

Great news with that split with Lost Trail. I have a CDr of theirs available in my distro, released through Twice Removed Records here in Australia.

http://thearchipelagorises.bigcartel.com/product/lost-trail-an-elegy-and-a-mirror-cd

I did ask Gavin at Twice Removed if he would consider doing vinyl releases for his new label 'The Long Story Recording Company' but he certainly wasn't confident about doing them. Maybe you might ask?

Might sound good through a Sonic Meditations release, or Experimedia, or even Blue Tapes who i mentioned in a previous post, who are just now branching out into vinyl.

Great news with that split with Lost Trail. I have a CDr of theirs available in my distro, released through Twice Removed Records here in Australia.

http://thearchipelagorises.bigcartel.com/product/lost-trail-an-elegy-and-a-mirror-cd

I did ask Gavin at Twice Removed if he would consider doing vinyl releases for his new label 'The Long Story Recording Company' but he certainly wasn't confident about doing them. Maybe you might ask?

Might sound good through a Sonic Meditations release, or Experimedia, or even Blue Tapes who i mentioned in a previous post, who are just now branching out into vinyl.

right on! twice removed are great, and i'll be sure to ask. hadn't heard of Blue Tapes, and i'll be sure to check them out / approach them as well.

other suggestions welcome, too!