Ambient Related Releases (Drone, Field Recording, Neo-Classical, Experimental)

Definitely more on the classical side, but you all should do yourselves a favor and check out that Henryk Gorecki Symphony No. 3. The most popular recording is finally getting the vinyl treatment. It's one of the most beautiful pieces of music I've ever heard and inspired a lot of stuff you guys like (namely GY!BE).

http://youtu.be/bPhrG82nV2c

Definitely more on the classical side, but you all should do yourselves a favor and check out that Henryk Gorecki Symphony No. 3. The most popular recording is finally getting the vinyl treatment. It's one of the most beautiful pieces of music I've ever heard and inspired a lot of stuff you guys like (namely GY!BE).

I love this... thanks.

Who is releasing this? Link...

I miss this thread being active - So here are a few things i've been listening to that I don't think have been posted (unless I missed them). Not all of them are available on vinyl though...  ;)

Perils - Benoit Pioulard + Kyle Bobby Dunn (vinyl)

Lee Noble - His newest, Un Look, didn't have a vinyl release, but his record, Ruiner, on Bathetic still has vinyl copies available. 

Villages - Really good stuff. (vinyl available for both Bathetic releases)

Ian William Craig - I loved A Turn Of Breath, but just got around to listening to his newest, Cradle for the Wanting. It's Incredible. (both had vinyl releases)

The OO-Ray - I'd never listened to this guy before but I just saw his newest album, Empty Orchestra, on a year end list and it's stunning. (no vinyl)

Anyone else listening to anything new(ish) worth mentioning?

• 2 weeks later...

Else Marie Pade died today...

Important Records has released several of her works:

Else Marie Pade's Electronic Works 1958-1995 is a heavy duty three LP set which was restored, mastered and cut at Dubplates in Berlin under the watchful ears of curator Jacob Kirkegaard. These monumental works are presented...

"The sounds outside became concrete music, and in the evening I could imagine that the stars and the moon and the sky uttered sounds and those turned into electronic music." Else Marie Pade

Else Marie Pade (born 1924 in Aarhus, Denmark; currently living in Copenhagen) is a precious golden gem in the world of contemporary electro-acoustic music. She is a true pioneer of Musique Concrete and electronic music recorded on tape. She is Denmarks first lady of electronic music and her piece Syc Cirkler (Seven Circles) became Denmark's first electronic piece to be performed on the radio.

EMP's search for sound began in early childhood when she was isolated in her bed for long periods of time due to illness. There she would lie and listen to the sounds around her just as she did years later when she was imprisoned for spying on Nazi compounds in Arhus. Once released from prison she became a piano student at the Royal Danish Conservatory in Copenhagen but chose to instead pursue the nuances of her inner sound world after hearing Pierre Schaeffer in 1952. She began studying with him not too soon thereafter. Her first electronic composition premiered in 1955.

http://soundcloud.com/importantrecords

4AD houses pretty decent artists in general, so I think it'll work in the grand scheme of things. But it's definitely not an obvious choice either. I'm sure the new album will deliver regardless of the label, though.

I keep wishfully thinking that Kranky will license Haunt Me from Alien8, like they did with Mirages.

That would be swell. They pulled through with those SOTL reissues last year, too, so I feel like they're at least partially receptive to their fanbase and obvious demand. I'd love to see them handle those reissues.