Ambient Related Releases (Drone, Field Recording, Neo-Classical, Experimental)

The hell am I supposed to do with myself until then? Definitely should not have ordered this, but life's too short, right?

Timmy's work makes life worth living.

How do you reckon you shouldn't have ordered? Strapped for cash? I feel like this is one that can't be passed up on, if you're a sucker for colored vinyl and Tim Hecker. We both know this was necessary – don't kid yourself. ;)

And everything I've ordered from 4AD has sounded stellar. From National records to that Red House Painters boxset. I'm expecting good things.

How do you reckon you shouldn't have ordered? Strapped for cash? I feel like this is one that can't be passed up on, if you're a sucker for colored vinyl and Tim Hecker. We both know this was necessary – don't kid yourself. ;)

And everything I've ordered from 4AD has sounded stellar. From National records to that Red House Painters boxset. I'm expecting good things.

Crunching pennies vigorously, comrade. Lately I've been preferring black but colored vinyl is proper & can be very accommodating to the overall presentation... a fav. off the top of my head is Lurker of Chalice green/black splatter. Honestly I prefer clear to most color anyways and that was the most reassuring part of it. 

Your words were also reassuring, thanks D.

Speaking of Tim Hecker, I was able to get a copy of Haunt Me for under $40 PPD :)  Made my weekend!

Schwing! 

Speaking of Tim Hecker, I was able to get a copy of Haunt Me for under $40 PPD :)  Made my weekend!

Nice score.  Now we can feverishly yearn for a repress of Radio Amor, together.

Crunching pennies vigorously, comrade. Lately I've been preferring black but colored vinyl is proper & can be very accommodating to the overall presentation... a fav. off the top of my head is Lurker of Chalice green/black splatter. Honestly I prefer clear to most color anyways and that was the most reassuring part of it. 

Your words were also reassuring, thanks D.

I gotcha'.  I'm a sucker for translucent vinyl in general – which is no surprise by this point – but especially with Hecker's compositions.  They can be so ethereal, icy, and airy – it just makes sense in my books, and feels like it adds to the overall aesthetic presentation.  (Jon can probably attest to this with his newly obtained copy of Haunt Me.)  For that reason, digging out a few more bucks just felt right to me, too.  I've also been cutting back on a lot of purchases in preparation of bigger fish to financially fry, but this was a no-brainer.  I wouldn't be surprised if this is the best ambient / drone release of the year.  Especially if it comes through with the melancholia.

Ravedeath has become one of my all time favorite albums in the past few years upon endless repeated listens, but for some reason Virgins didn't really 'stay' with me. Hoping this one sounds a lot more like his older stuff, which by the sound description, seems its heading towards. Color me excited. Glad I saw this before hoping on the train this morn to grab the trans.

Hecker has leaked, by the by. Found on Soulseek originally. 2 seconds of silence at the end of each track. Rumor has it that was the same signature when Hecker himself leaked Virgins. FWIW

This makes me happy.  There's no way the album leaked that early and not a day before the release announcement.  Thank you based Timmy.