Ambient Related Releases (Drone, Field Recording, Neo-Classical, Experimental)

1 hour ago, scentofdeath said:

GAS Box  -  Probably the last copies, back in stock at Kompakt

Edit: Repress coming in February, which is very nice of them.

Just wondering what the repress info is? are they repressing more copies of the box in Feb? 

EDIT: Nevermind, just saw it on the Kompakt site. 

Edited by robes

58 minutes ago, scentofdeath said:

Edit: Repress coming in February, which is very nice of them.

Yeah, I saw Best Buy has a delivery date of late February if you order from them. Surprised they're repressing.

There were listings for the Box for $135ppd on eBay when it came out, may wait to see if that happens again. Or Deep Discount, which hovered around $140ppd.

The $135 listings were a bust, @lethalenforcer.  I hopped on one of those myself and after a week or two the seller was just like "uhh... well, shit, I don't know when we're getting this actually.  Here's your money back."  [Sidebar: please stop doing pre-orders through eBay, or otherwise selling items you don't have in hand.  It's fucking stupid.  Leave it to labels and actual distros.]

But at this point it's sounding pretty good to wash my hands of this release and worry about it in February.  Not only will it give me even more time to comfortably allocate ~$150 – something I shouldn't be spending on myself, right before the holidays – but it's closer to tax returns and gives Kompakt a chance to right the wrongs on their quality checks, from round one.

15 minutes ago, lethalenforcer said:

That makes me feel better about missing those listings. I didn't see word from kompakt on their twitter regarding the repress, where'd you see it? I'll gladly be holding out until February as well.

It's on Kompakt's official page:

Note:  This is an additional Delivery. A Re-press comes in February 2017.

http://www.kompakt.fm/releases/box

23 hours ago, robes said:

Loscil's First Narrows is getting a vinyl pressing: https://loscil.bandcamp.com/album/first-narrows

Awesome!  Definitely ordering this when payday rolls around.  Has anyone got his new LP from Kranky?  I didn't see any specific ship date, so I assumed it was going to be around the release date last month.

It only took 10 years, but Slow Dancing Society's debut album The Sound of Lights When Dim just got a remaster and vinyl press.  I've had this in my library [and night mix] for a couple of years now, and always hoped it'd see a vinyl press.  Album does a sublime job balancing ambient soundscapes with atmospheric guitar melodies.  It covers a lot of ground, but I'd maybe describe it as something like Stars of the Lid meets Hammock, when Hammock is focusing on guitar melodies.  Also get a sort of "Tycho closer" vibe at times, from tracks like Elegy and Plains that feature drifty acoustic guitars.

Clear vinyl.  /250.  Did I mention it's only $15 + shipping?  Album art took a downgrade in my opinion, but otherwise there's no reason you shouldn't grab a copy today.

Couple of tracks showcasing the variety here;

Spoiler

25 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

It only took 10 years, but Slow Dancing Society's debut album The Sound of Lights When Dim just got a remaster and vinyl press.  I've had this in my library [and night mix] for a couple of years now, and always hoped it'd see a vinyl press.  Album does a sublime job balancing ambient soundscapes with atmospheric guitar melodies.  It covers a lot of ground, but I'd maybe describe it as something like Stars of the Lid meets Hammock, when Hammock is focusing on guitar melodies.  Also get a sort of "Tycho closer" vibe at times, from tracks like Elegy and Plains that feature drifty acoustic guitars.

Clear vinyl.  /250.  Did I mention it's only $15 + shipping?  Album art took a downgrade in my opinion, but otherwise there's no reason you shouldn't grab a copy today.

Couple of tracks showcasing the variety here;

Reveal hidden contents

Holy shit

I listened to ~20 seconds of two tracks and I'm in LOVE

On 12/16/2016 at 8:16 AM, lethalenforcer said:

Abul Mogard's Works on semi-opaque gray vinyl, /300

https://boomkat.com/products/works-eafaad1c-1a1a-4b78-806e-5c9ae7957c24

I love this thing.

Ditto.

On 12/16/2016 at 8:24 AM, batman said:

January is stacked with releases. New William Basinski, new Winged Victory for the Sullen, new Max Richter. Can't wait.

And a new Brian Eno as well.

• 2 weeks later...

Any of you internet-savvy capable of finding a discount code to run with Fire Records?

New Noveller coming out and on bandcamp there's space left to enter a discount code. Shouldn't that mean there's one that's currently active out there? I checked Fire Records' FB site and googled around but no cigar.

https://novellermusic.bandcamp.com/album/a-pink-sunset-for-no-one

Edited by JoshuaNilk

haven't paid that much attention to the other 30 pages of this thread, but if anyone likes their ambient, drone, field fecording, neo-classical, and experimental tracks with a touch of minimal techno, acid house, and electro, then you need to check out delsin records. awesome label/shop from the amsterdam that puts out beautiful first pressings.