Ambient Related Releases (Drone, Field Recording, Neo-Classical, Experimental)

On 9/9/2017 at 10:39 AM, erikness said:

Martin Glass - The Pacific Visions of Martin Glass

https://kitrecs.bandcamp.com/album/the-pacific-visions-of-martin-glass

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07576HSSK (Prime)

This thing is awesome. Getting massive early-Ryuichi Sakamoto vibes. Vinyl limited to 200 copies.

Fucking HELL. The amazon couldn't fulfill and now the bandcamp is sold out. 

8 hours ago, Kanye West said:

Yeah, I just saw this and copped it on Discogs--I'm listening to the album for the third time tonight

Probably not my smartest move fiscally but I have a feeling this will be on the turntable a good amount which certainly counts for something

13 hours ago, Kanye West said:

5 hours ago, Multiverse said:

Yeah, I just saw this and copped it on Discogs--I'm listening to the album for the third time tonight

Probably not my smartest move fiscally but I have a feeling this will be on the turntable a good amount which certainly counts for something

That sucks about Amazon. They def had the best price on this. I'm pretty sure it was close to $35-40 shipped to me from the Bandcamp page, which I wasn't thrilled with  paying, but I surefire needed this record (and a FLAC download), so wanted to grab from the source. The Discogs prices really aren't that bad yet, considering..

Got it in last week btw. Kind of a standard cheap jacket and sleeve packaging job for the price, and it was dinged up on a couple corners, but it looks and sounds good enough! Glad to have gotten a copy!

Edited by erikness

5 hours ago, erikness said:

That sucks about Amazon. They def had the best price on this. I'm pretty sure it was close to $35-40 shipped to me from the Bandcamp page, which I wasn't thrilled with  paying, but I surefire needed this record (and a FLAC download), so wanted to grab from the source. The Discogs prices really aren't that bad yet, considering..

Got it in last week btw. Kind of a standard cheap jacket and sleeve packaging job for the price, and it was dinged up on a couple corners, but it looks and sounds good enough! Glad to have gotten a copy!

Yeah, Discogs was $30.31 shipped to me which I assumed would be around a similar price after shipping if I had ordered through Bandcamp 

Jumped on it immediately

I think here were 2 others in a similar price range

23 hours ago, erikness said:

Did you get a shipping notification or anything about this? I haven't heard anything about my copy yet. I bought one of the last BandCamp copies though, so that may have something to do with it.

• 3 weeks later...
27 minutes ago, freverend said:

Good news! Otto A Totland's (of Deaf Center) sophomore album "the lost" is coming in Jan. 2018! Again recorded at Nils Frahm's studio this will be similar to Pino (due to the snippets I heard)

Amazing news - I've been waiting for a followup for so long. Pino is probably one of the most beautiful albums I have in my collection, and all of Sonic Pieces stuff is phenomenally well-made. Thanks for the heads up! I checked SP's instagram and looks like it's going to be limited to /350. Gonna go quick....hopefully I don't miss the preorder announcement. 

Also of interest: 

According to both Nils and Erased Tapes, Nils' long-awaited followup, All Melody, is set for release on January 26th, 2018. 

Cover art: 

cover.jpg

Tracklist: 

The Whole Universe Wants To Be Touched 01:58

Sunson 09:10

A Place 07:02

My Friend The Forest 05:16

Human Range 06:59

Forever Changeless 02:47

All Melody 09:31

#2 09:40

Momentum 05:21

Fundamental Values 03:50

Kaleidoscope 08:16

Harm Hymn 04:10

More info and preorder available here: https://www.erasedtapes.com/release/eratp106-nils-frahm-all-melody
His new studio looks incredible, too. Really excited for this one! 

3 minutes ago, rabbitvinyl said:

Also of interest: 

According to both Nils and Erased Tapes, Nils' long-awaited followup, All Melody, is set for release on January 26th, 2018. 

Cover art: 

cover.jpg

Tracklist: 

The Whole Universe Wants To Be Touched 01:58

Sunson 09:10

A Place 07:02

My Friend The Forest 05:16

Human Range 06:59

Forever Changeless 02:47

All Melody 09:31

#2 09:40

Momentum 05:21

Fundamental Values 03:50

Kaleidoscope 08:16

Harm Hymn 04:10

More info and preorder available here: https://www.erasedtapes.com/release/eratp106-nils-frahm-all-melody
His new studio looks incredible, too. Really excited for this one! 

Yeah, read the news as well! He reactivated his IG after 5+ years, haha

16 minutes ago, rabbitvinyl said:

Amazing news - I've been waiting for a followup for so long. Pino is probably one of the most beautiful albums I have in my collection, and all of Sonic Pieces stuff is phenomenally well-made. Thanks for the heads up! I checked SP's instagram and looks like it's going to be limited to /350. Gonna go quick....hopefully I don't miss the preorder announcement. 

always very limited, and the first presses have those awesome hand-made sleeves

1 minute ago, docbronze said:

Thanks for the heads up. Who is releasing the new Totland LP?

Seems like it will be another Sonic Pieces release. 

1 hour ago, freverend said:

always very limited, and the first presses have those awesome hand-made sleeves

Oh my god, I know. So gorgeous! I've been lucky to get most of their releases in the hand-made cloth sleeves, with the exception of Pino :(

16 hours ago, JRHews said:

The new Otto A Toteland is already available for PO from US distro Forced Exposure. 

Just put my order in.

https://www.forcedexposure.com/Catalog/totland-otto-a-the-lost-lp/SONIC.026LP.html

Thanks for this, but it doesn't sound like the standard packaging treatment SP usually does with their first editions. I'm going to hold out for a little before ordering..

New House of Low Culture — “The Pervasive Mind” track from a 4-way split with Daniel Menche, Caustic Touch, and EMS

https://www.decibelmagazine.com/2017/11/15/track-premiere-house-low-culture-pervasive-mind/

There should an A. Turner All-Encompassing thread...that guy does more in more bands than we can dream of.

1 hour ago, jhulud said:

New House of Low Culture — “The Pervasive Mind” track from a 4-way split with Daniel Menche, Caustic Touch, and EMS

https://www.decibelmagazine.com/2017/11/15/track-premiere-house-low-culture-pervasive-mind/

There should an A. Turner All-Encompassing thread...that guy does more in more bands than we can dream of.

YES!!!!!!

Picked one up fast.