Ambient Related Releases (Drone, Field Recording, Neo-Classical, Experimental)

Just now, EquinoxDesignLab said:

Has anyone heard anything onĀ the status on the Kyle Bobby Dunn box sets? All traces of it have been removed from PITP

Greetings friends,

Last week we made a public statement concerning Kyle Bobby Dunn. We were made aware of disparaging and hateful comments by Kyle Dunn. PITP will no longer be working with him. Since our announcement Kyle has attacked not only PITP with slanderous and libel comments on a public platform, he has also done the same to many artists that are our friends, affiliates, and current PITP artists.

Since our announcement, multiple labels have also cut ties with Kyle.

On July 5, 2019 two labels severed relations with Dunn. The first being Cincinnati, Ohio-based label Whited Sepulchre Records, stating: "Over this last week we learned some truly disturbing truths regarding Kyle Bobby Dunn. WSR has removed his record from our bandcamp and website. We stand with the victims of his gender-based harassment and personal attacks."

This was followed the same day by Nottingham, UK-based label Low Point, who stated: "Low Point have also removed the remaining KBD LPs from sale." We have spoken with him and every artist on our roster to clarify that we do not stand by this type of behavior.Ā 

We want to inform you that any physical orders placed prior to our decision WILL be shipped out. The 4xLP has arrived at our headquarters and we will start shipping out this week. If you have ordered an album, you will receive a notification once sent.

We sincerely thank you all for your support.

Thank you,
Past Inside the Present

Ā 

25 minutes ago, armadillo01 said:

Geez what did he say to warrant all that?

Iā€™m really curious to know this as well, but havenā€™t snooped around too hard. Ā Sounds like there was some sort of sexist comment made at some point to spark the whole thing. Ā Following that, I saw some tweets where KBD said something about PITP being ran by white men - which is whatever, to me - and when someone tried to call him out on his behavior,Ā he directly responded to them as a ā€œshit-eaterā€ or something. Ā Really confusing. Ā And sort of a shame since he seemed to be gaining some decent exposure recently, especially with that favorableĀ Pitchfork review.

• 2 weeks later...

Amulets new album "Between Distant and Remote" is up for pre-order

Ā 

Ā 

you can opt in for a clear version that's signed with a cassette two non-album tracks as well (only available as a pre-order this week)

Ā 

Ā 

*This is a pre-order; available 10/25. The clear vinyl deluxe edition pre-order will be open for one week only ā€” we will press as many copies as we get orders for and they will mail prior to the release date.*

Randall Taylor joins the Beacon Sound roster and graces us with his finest work yet, Between Distant And Remote. Taylor uses tape loops, guitar, field recordings, and electronic processing to pay homage to the paradox of memory and growth, creating a deeply immersive musical landscape in the process. The album is reflective of the artistā€™s move from Austin, Texas to lush, green Portland in 2018 and also represents a more intentional and layered recording process. Exploring narratives of longing, dislocation, and rediscovery, Between Distant And Remote invites you to dive in and break down the boundaries between yourself and the world around you, reaching into the past to deconstruct the present.

Formats: LP/digital/deluxe edition.
Catalog #: BNSD040.
Vinyl editions include DL code and 2-sided insert. Pressed on audiophile vinyl by RTI.
Mastered by Rafael Anton Irisarri at Black Knoll.
The deluxe edition comes on clear vinyl, includes a bonus cassette with non-LP tracks, and will be signed and numbered by the artist. Pre-orders for the deluxe edition will run for one week only and will be available only directly from the label. Weā€™ll press as many copies as we get orders for. A regular black vinyl edition will also be available.

Ā 

Amulets -- "Between Distant and Remote" Pre-Order

• 1 month later...
I figured it might be fun jotting down some of the Ambient albums I enjoyed most over the last years. Needless to say that they are also in my all time fav list. Labradford's Fixed::Context will most likely rank number one; words can't express what this albums means to me

Ā 

1. Labradford - Fixed::ContextĀ 
  2. Brian Eno ā€Žā€“ Ambient 1 (Music For Airports)Ā 
  3. Federico Durand - La NiƱa JuncoĀ 
  4. Aphex Twin - Selected Ambient Works Volume IIĀ 
  5. William Basinski - The Disintegration Loops
  6. Biosphere - Substrata
  7. Shuttle358 - Can You Prove I Was Born
  8. Pan American - Quiet City
  9. Kyle Bobby Dunn - KBD & The Infinite Sadness
  10. Rainforest Spiritual Enslavement - Black Magic Cannot Cross WaterĀ 

Ā 

I am curious to hear which Ambient albums are on your lists?

Ā 

Ā 

1 hour ago, burnthealbum said:

The Seven Fields of Aphelion -

keep the ocean inside, has some copies back up, on sale.

https://radcult.bigcartel.com/product/the-seven-fields-of-aphelion-keep-the-ocean-inside-2xlp-preorder

I canā€™t recall if Iā€™ve ever checked this out or not, which is probably a red flag to not purchase it. Ā But $15 for a double LP ā€“ before shipping ā€“ is nutty for 2019.

• 3 weeks later...

PO/Preview: A Winged Victory for the Sullen - The Undivided Five / Out 11.1.19

AlsoĀ PO via Bleep.

It's Adam Wiltzie from Stars of the LidĀ and a handful of other extremely talented ambient/neoclassical musicians. They create an extremely emotional atmosphere. I've seen them live once, years ago, and it was phenomenal.Ā 

If you're new to AWVFTS, definitely start with their self-titled. It's a desert island record!

Edited by defectiveepitaph

• 1 month later...