Ambient Related Releases (Drone, Field Recording, Neo-Classical, Experimental)

Figure Eighter - People's Last Words Are Often Insignificant (LP/cassette/digital)

https://fuzzrecords.bandcamp.com/album/peoples-last-words-are-often-insignificant

Figure Eighter is an ambient collaboration between two people; Douglas Dulgarian (Jouska / they are gutting a body of water) and Nick Shattell (Not An Airplane). It began with exploration of procedure as the primary focus, as opposed to attempting to sculpt with a final product in mind. Utilizing tape loops, arena spaces and the reverberating qualities of those spaces, backwards playback and more, People’s Last Words Are Often Insignificant reads like a calendar year lost in thought, reflecting on experience.

On 1/10/2020 at 11:04 AM, phantasmatt said:

Pauline Oliveros, Stuart Dempster & Panaiotis // Deep Listening (YouTube)

FINALLY pressed on vinyl for the first time ever. One of my favorites... highly recommended! Just found out about this thanks to Discogs. (BUY)

Important Records have been releasing Oliveros stuff for years now. Gotta get on their email list.

1 hour ago, jonrawks said:

Rafael Anton Irisarri - The North Bend is getting a reissue on clear or black.  $13 shipping to the US is a bit tough to stomach, haven't looked elsewhere yet.

https://room40.bandcamp.com/album/the-north-bend-10th-anniversary-edition

I mean no disrespect, but $13 for shipping a record in between two countries and continents is actually a decent price for most record collectors who don't live in the USA. Sadly, not everyone has access to media mail prices.

4 minutes ago, robes said:

I mean no disrespect, but $13 for shipping a record in between two countries and continents is actually a decent price for most record collectors who don't live in the USA. Sadly, not everyone has access to media mail prices.

Oh no, I get why it's $13.  More that it's hard for me to spend that much on shipping.  I'm not really mad about it, just that it makes me think on whether or not I want order from Room 40 or hope for a US distro.

14 minutes ago, jonrawks said:

Oh no, I get why it's $13.  More that it's hard for me to spend that much on shipping.  I'm not really mad about it, just that it makes me think on whether or not I want order from Room 40 or hope for a US distro.

Gotcha. FWIW, I'm pretty sure US distros may get it, and also some other EU retailers with cheaper shipping options to the US.

16 hours ago, jonrawks said:

Rafael Anton Irisarri - The North Bend is getting a reissue on clear or black.  $13 shipping to the US is a bit tough to stomach, haven't looked elsewhere yet.

https://room40.bandcamp.com/album/the-north-bend-10th-anniversary-edition

Thanks man, ordered right away, shipping to Germany is 13€ which is ok... where is Room40 located - UK?

On 1/16/2020 at 5:30 AM, mesi said:

Pretty sure it’s Australia.

Brisbane, Australia

For shipping comparison, the last record i shipped over from the states cost me $25 USD to ship (or $36 AUD) - and no this is not express, just standard three week shipping.  I'd hazard a guess that Room40 is taking a small hit on their international shipping rates.

10 hours ago, _stretts said:

Brisbane, Australia

For shipping comparison, the last record i shipped over from the states cost me $25 USD to ship (or $36 AUD) - and no this is not express, just standard three week shipping.  I'd hazard a guess that Room40 is taking a small hit on their international shipping rates.

maybe they have better rates. now paying $26 for three records. which is a lot, but still ok.

• 2 weeks later...
18 hours ago, Karpatenhunde77 said:

Saw this yesterday - WOW!!! Waiting for a German pre-order though. Was hoping for this a couple of years, but Bethke was busy mastering other stuff 😝

9 hours ago, 30SecondsOfFranchiseFame said:

*Brad Pitt voice* What's in the (bonus LP 0f) the bawwwwx?

From Mute:

VINYL BOX SET BONUS 12”

1 RAUM 1
2 RAUM 2

Seems to be this release?  https://www.discogs.com/Pole-Rondell/release/114496

I am pretty sure that it's this https://www.discogs.com/de/Pole-Raum-Eins-Raum-Zwei/release/368

3 hours ago, freverend said:

Ok you found the first release. But it's the same tracks, and the reissue I posted has cover art that matches that of 1 2 and 3.

I would be VERY surprised if they use the art of the 1998 original.