Ambient Related Releases (Drone, Field Recording, Neo-Classical, Experimental)

• 4 weeks later...

Volume 1 by Quiet Places

There's many things about this place that I find unusual. One of the things I find fascinating is how quiet it gets. It’s the quietest place…

Consisting of Dennis White, Charlie May, and Dave Gardner, 'Quiet Places' is a new project by the UK producers focusing on vivid and wide-screen journeys.

Between the three, their production roots go deep into some of electronic music's most important outputs of the last few decades. Be it performing live as part of Sasha's recent Refracted shows, their own individual projects such as Spooky, Sentre and Cosmonauts or remixing the likes of M83, The XX, Thom Yorke, Little Dragon or Elizabeth Fraser they are no strangers to electronica.

Volume 1, born out of a whisky-inspired late-night laptop jam session in Somerset England, takes us on an uninterrupted 60 minute beatless and immersive trip down the rabbit hole. Along the way, we stop off in some familiar, and some not so familiar surroundings. Various characters talk of otherworldly experiences and journeys into deep space, both micro and macro, against a backdrop of hypnotic melodies and haunting electronic soundscapes. Dynamically the record moves between the polar opposites of pin-drop quiet and vast all-engulfing sonic black holes. Becoming, in essence, the soundtrack to a sci-fi movie that has yet to be made.

credits

releases August 10, 2020

https://astrangelyisolatedplace.bandcamp.com/album/volume-1

• Transparent Gatefold 2LP (Preorder copies)

Record/Vinyl + Digital Album
    •  
    •  
    •  
    • 100 pre-order copies available now, remainder available on release day, August 10th.
    • Copies also available at Juno and other stores on release day: asip.me/qpjuno
    • Transparent vinyl in matte gatefold sleeve
    • Vinyl-specific continuous edits
    • Artwork by Noah M / Keep Adding
    • Mastered and Lacquer cut by Andreas Lupo Lubich
    • Limit 1 order per customer - the label reserves the right to cancel orders of more than 1

Includes digital pre-order of Volume 1. You get 1 track now (streaming via the free Bandcamp app and also available as a high-quality download in MP3, FLAC and more), plus the complete album the moment it’s released.
    shipping out on or around August 10, 2020
    edition of 100 
    spacer.pngspacer.png

Monday August 3 - Deal is back up!  

Great low price on the new ambient / drone album from worriedaboutsatan: 

Time Lapse is just $9.50 including shipping from Amazon Prime.  I paid $22 for my LP just a few weeks ago.

https://www.amazon.com/Time-Lapse-COLOR-VINYL-Worriedaboutsatan/dp/B085RT3J8P

Edited by jackshidt

New album by Goldmund (aka Helios) coming soon! 

New song, Day In, Day Out up now with PO on Orange vinyl.

Super excited for this, he's always been one of my favorite all around artists with Helios, his project of Mint Julep with his wife and his beautiful piano/ambient tracks with Goldmund. 

https://goldmund.bandcamp.com/

• 2 weeks later...

spacer.png

Looks cool, though I'd share.

Michael Stearns is perhaps less namechecked than many of the early ambient pioneers, but his expansive catalogue reaches back to 1977, when his first expansive synthesizer dreamscapes unfurled themselves on his own Continuum Montage label. Emotional Rescue have picked up on seminal 1981 album Planetary Unfolding, giving a much needed vinyl reissue to a classic slice of hyperboreal ambience spread across six long-form movements. Expansive, emotionally charged and constantly exploratory, this is deep space listening at its finest - an essential purchase for any lovers of truly classic, cosmic synthesizer music.

https://www.juno.co.uk/products/michael-stearns-planetary-unfolding-reissue/669143-01/

6 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

One of these days I’m going to go ham and buy all of Loscil’s records.  I own 0 and it’s always been on the back of my mind.  I think about it often.

I have one (First Narrows) but I also want to plunge in and get the rest as well. Sketches From New Brighton *chef kiss

15 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

One of these days I’m going to go ham and buy all of Loscil’s records.  I own 0 and it’s always been on the back of my mind.  I think about it often.

I think he's favorite ambient artist right not.  Endless Falls and Plume are the ones that I visit the most, but I don't think there's a bad entry in his catalogue.

7 minutes ago, jonrawks said:

I think he's favorite ambient artist right not.

Same, and Rafael Anton Irisarri. Used to be big on bvdub, but he put out so much content I could never keep up, and every other release was either a dud or amazing, so it was hard to keep consistent with listens. 

Edited by JRHews

20 minutes ago, JRHews said:

Same, and Rafael Anton Irisarri. Used to be big on bvdub, but he put out so much content I could never keep up, and every other release was either a dud or amazing, so it was hard to keep consistent with listens. 

Yeah, you guys both know what’s up.  RAI and Loscil have definitely been my go-to’s as well lately.

I'd completely missed out on RAI until that Thesis collab with Julianna Barwick.  I was blown away by that and almost immediately started looking into his other work.  I was really excited to see how much he had out and then much less excited to see what the asking price for most of it was, ha