Ambient Related Releases (Drone, Field Recording, Neo-Classical, Experimental)

3 minutes ago, DecayToDeath said:

holy shit no kidding...think i'll throw in some SOTL while i'm at it

Can never go wrong with SOTL and (especially) early AWVFTS.  It’d be cool to get Adam’s Travels In Constants EP pressed, too. I always assumed Kranky wouldn’t bother after all this time but seeing stuff like Dead Texan finally happening is really instilling hope.

1 minute ago, Derek™ said:

Can never go wrong with SOTL and (especially) early AWVFTS.  It’d be cool to get Adam’s Travels In Constants EP pressed, too. I always assumed Kranky wouldn’t bother after all this time but seeing stuff like Dead Texan finally happening is really instilling hope.

They must be doing something over at kranky with their back catalog because all the stuff that ran out of print for a while recently started unceremoniously restocking itself (SOTL, Low, Bowery Electric off the top of my head), didn't think that would extend to yet-pressed material too but I'm certainly not complaining

The Barn Owl and Dead Texan stuff in this thread is bringing me way back.

7 hours ago, Derek™ said:

Yeah, I did a double take when I saw that in my inbox this morning.  Was pleased to see Kranky keeping it real with their pricing too, as always.

I have such a huge list of Kranky releases that I need and always forget their records are still 2011 prices. Dang.

34 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

Now I'm really hoping for the Brian McBride Detail album to  be pressed. 

• 4 weeks later...

SUPER nerdy thing that I'm excited about: I finally got my hands on a copy of GAS s/t, and aside from obviously being stoked to spin it, I also really wanted to do a scan of the artwork since in all these years it never surfaced online in any resolution higher than like 400 pixels squared. So here are those scans! I try to upload scans to Musicbrainz since they're partnered with archive.org and auto-post stuff over there.

Seems like a good thread to share these...

The Modern Folk - Primitive Future II

Housed in silk screened jacket and comes with insert & download code.

ONLY 2 COPIES LEFT

https://warhenrecords.bandcamp.com/album/wh056-primitive-future-ii

The Modern Folk - Modern Folk One

Includes postcard insert with liner notes by Jen Powers (Powers/Rolin Duo), DL code and WarHen/Ten OBI Strip.

https://warhenrecords.bandcamp.com/album/wh061-modern-folk-one

• 1 month later...

Hooooooooboy….it's go time! Grab this ambient masterpiece from Pete Namlook and Dr. Atmo!

Unavailable on vinyl since its original release in 1992 and limited to only 500 pieces for the world, this 30th anniversary edition of SILENCE won’t last for long. The label’s last year reissue of Air I sold out pretty fast and current Discogs prices speak volumes.

Bandcamp is the only source to get it according to the description…

https://silencemusik.bandcamp.com/album/silence-i-2022-remaster 

• 3 months later...

Black vinyl, no-gimmick $22 double LP.  You really can’t beat that.  It was an effortless PO last week, I really like the single from it.  Sounds just dreadful. 🤍

We’re getting something from Rafael Anton Irisarri this year, too.  Fairly confident it’s a new album but can’t say for certain since he’s only been teasing a test press through Dais.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 9/4/2022 at 5:05 PM, warhenrecords said:

The Modern Folk - Modern Folk One

Includes postcard insert with liner notes by Jen Powers (Powers/Rolin Duo), DL code and WarHen/Ten OBI Strip.

https://warhenrecords.bandcamp.com/album/wh061-modern-folk-one

Still a handful of copies of this one available.

Orders ship out right away. Download includes a bonus live set from last winter.

I'll toss in a DL of the other MF album I've done as well.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

One more on tape, hope you don't mind.. and again from Three Moons Records, sorry for self-promotion.

If you like Swans, search no more!

Whalesong "Leaving A Dream"

Over 120 minutes of bliss, hope, dreams and bright radiant light. The marvelous stream of consciousness. Sonic cinema for those who love to get lost in the sound.

Special guests include: Attila Csihar (Sunn O))) , Mayhem ), Steve Blanco (IMPERIAL TRIUMPHANT ), Wukir Suryadi (Senyawa ) and many more..

spacer.png