Ambient Related Releases (Drone, Field Recording, Neo-Classical, Experimental)

I dont recall seeing any information regarding this, but I randomly checked Erased Tapes and they now have non box-set black copies of 1+1=X for 30 pounds. Going to see if my local shop can snag me one. Also new Michael Price!

https://www.erasedtapes.com/release/eratp112-michael-price-tender-symmetry

8 hours ago, EquinoxDesignLab said:

I dont recall seeing any information regarding this, but I randomly checked Erased Tapes and they now have non box-set black copies of 1+1=X for 30 pounds. Going to see if my local shop can snag me one. Also new Michael Price!

https://www.erasedtapes.com/release/eratp112-michael-price-tender-symmetry

Really thought they'd keep it limited to that box set, especially considering their usual habits. Glad that Robert decided not to this time, as some of the tracks on 1 + 1 = X are beautiful. 

Michael Price is one of the ET artists I haven't really been able to get into, but I love the album art. Song previews song alright too! Maybe I'll give him another shot. 

13 hours ago, rabbitvinyl said:

Really thought they'd keep it limited to that box set, especially considering their usual habits. Glad that Robert decided not to this time, as some of the tracks on 1 + 1 = X are beautiful. 

Michael Price is one of the ET artists I haven't really been able to get into, but I love the album art. Song previews song alright too! Maybe I'll give him another shot. 

I would suggest checking out his EP 'A Stillness', which is my favorite work by him hands down. 

15 hours ago, arumajiro 零 一つ said:

Twentythree is my personal favourite of theirs. At this point I need to squirrel away some money and buy up a copy of everything so far in the reissue campaign. 

Looks like I’m about to have an expensive week of preorders...

7 hours ago, lethalenforcer said:

FYI, cheaper to order via their ROW version of the website & pay Euro for Canadians.

Could anyone help me? I've just discovered ambient music and I'm flailing around in the dark trying to find the type of ambient I'm into. 

I want dark ambient music that's haunting but with a little electronic music maybe, synths maybe but still downtempo-ish. I don't know where to start. I got the idea of trying ambient music out after getting into OSTs (Cliff Martinez for example). I'm usually into punk so this is a whole new world for me. I've been listening to some stuff on youtube and I came across Atrium Carceri, Carbon Based Lifeforms + Solar fields. I don't know if they're ambient, I liked them but they're not quite scratching that itch.

So could anyone give me recommendations to give me somewhere to start? I'd really appreciate it. Sorry for kinda hijacking this thread.

Edit: I think what I'm after is something like Carbon Based Lifeforms but more eerie and haunting.

Edited by lgfuad

2 hours ago, lgfuad said:

Could anyone help me? I've just discovered ambient music and I'm flailing around in the dark trying to find the type of ambient I'm into. 

I want dark ambient music that's haunting but with a little electronic music maybe, synths maybe but still downtempo-ish. I don't know where to start. I got the idea of trying ambient music out after getting into OSTs (Cliff Martinez for example). I'm usually into punk so this is a whole new world for me. I've been listening to some stuff on youtube and I came across Atrium Carceri, Carbon Based Lifeforms + Solar fields. I don't know if they're ambient, I liked them but they're not quite scratching that itch.

So could anyone give me recommendations to give me somewhere to start? I'd really appreciate it. Sorry for kinda hijacking this thread.

Edit: I think what I'm after is something like Carbon Based Lifeforms but more eerie and haunting.

Tim Hecker may treat you right.  There is something really dark and soothing about the majority of his discography - to me anyway - and I can’t seem to get enough of it.  Would also suggest Roly Porter and Haxan Cloak.

5 hours ago, lgfuad said:

2 hours ago, Derek™ said:

Tim Hecker may treat you right.  There is something really dark and soothing about the majority of his discography - to me anyway - and I can’t seem to get enough of it.  Would also suggest Roly Porter and Haxan Cloak.

Noice. Eerie and Haunting is my wheelhouse. 

Raime, Haxan Cloak, Burial, Caretaker, Andy Stott, Demdike Stare, Kode9&Spaceape, Forest Swords, Sd Laika... 

That's some surface level stuff, there's a ton of variation within those recs. 

11 hours ago, Derek™ said:

9 hours ago, rooks said:

Noice. Eerie and Haunting is my wheelhouse. 

Raime, Haxan Cloak, Burial, Caretaker, Andy Stott, Demdike Stare, Kode9&Spaceape, Forest Swords, Sd Laika... 

That's some surface level stuff, there's a ton of variation within those recs. 

Thank you so much. I've not heard of any of those but look forward to checking them out this weekend. :)

Just a heads-up on Experimedia.net.  They recently had a big sale, 40% - 60% off everything in the store.  I placed a $300 order on August 19.

However, I have received no shipping confirmation back from them yet, and nothing has shipped. They have not responded to my emails.   However they have taken down their Facebook page and deleted the contact information from their website.

Buyers be careful at this time.

2 hours ago, jackshidt said:

Just a heads-up on Experimedia.net.  They recently had a big sale, 40% - 60% off everything in the store.  I placed a $300 order on August 19.

However, I have received no shipping confirmation back from them yet, and nothing has shipped. They have not responded to my emails.   However they have taken down their Facebook page and deleted the contact information from their website.

Buyers be careful at this time.

Whoa. That's odd. They have always been on point for me in the past.