PO NOW: Empire! Empire! (I Was a Lonely Estate) - You Will Eventually Be Forgotten

• 2 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone gotten a shipping notice for the paperback yet?

On a related note, this was part of the message CYLS put on facebook when they finally got the books in (on October 31):

"Next week, we are going to do something special to make up for the delay. We are keeping it under wraps for now, but next week is going to be great. Look for that Thursday. Can't wait to finally "Ribbon" for you!"

Did I miss something there? This was supposed to be last week, right?

Is everyone still waiting for their CYLS order? I ordered the big bundle with the paperback and shirt.

Believe it or not I've still held off on listening to this before I got it. I'm almost at my breaking point though. I want to know if I'm gonna put this on my "top of the year" list but I won't know if I don't get this until next year :(.

This record was a huge let down for me.  I've listened to it 20 times max, front to back, and I can't get into it.

EDIT:  I shouldn't say "can't get into it".  It's not bad, and it can be an enjoyable listen, I was just hoping for something up there with WITTMF, after 4 years, or however long it was.  If e!e! took all their best songs, from the splits and EP's and LP's, damn that would make an easy 5/5 record.  

This record was a huge let down for me.  I've listened to it 20 times max, front to back, and I can't get into it.

EDIT:  I shouldn't say "can't get into it".  It's not bad, and it can be an enjoyable listen, I was just hoping for something up there with WITTMF, after 4 years, or however long it was.  If e!e! took all their best songs, from the splits and EP's and LP's, damn that would make an easy 5/5 record.  

I agree. Love the band and have everything they've put out on vinyl, but I just don't often care to go back to this.

A Keepsake is one of their best tracks though.

This album is great, the band's sound on this record is very refined. While What It Takes To Move Forward was a bit more rough around the edges. There's a couple of songs on this record that I can see as being pretty forgettable, but most of them just kind of hit me in some way or another.

• 2 weeks later...