UPDATE! Sorority Noise / The Hotelier - Live at Metro Gallery (cassette)

andy.

Due to the bands not responding, the leftover tapes have been put up for auctions with updated j-cards. They're from the original 50 minus the new artwork.

White w/ black j-card /5

Black w/ gray j-card /5

All proceeds will be donated to Angel Park in Perry Hall, MD. 

"Angel Park began from an idea that came to Kelli and Andy Szczybor after the loss of their baby boy, Ryan. From a sad origin, a bright and life affirming idea emerged – to build a place for laughter, activity and fun, for families and friends throughout the surrounding neighborhoods."

http://www.angel-park.org/

Here is one of the j-card variants that will go with the black tapes. There's another that will be for the white tapes.

N2EgwwQ.png

-----------------------------------

Hey there kids!

I'm proud to be releasing a live cassette recording split of Sorority Noise & The Hotelier from the last stop of their tour here in Baltimore. Basically, I took the recorder into the crowd and held it up. No digitial recording equipment or anything. Straight to cassette. With that being said, there will be feedback and some ringing. It happens. 

Information:

/25 black (5 going to Sorority Noise)

/25 white (5 going to The Hotelier)

Handmade sleeves featuring Michael Cunningham's Specimen Days

+a bunch of extra knick-knacks (sorry, no paddy whacks included)

I'm aiming to get the price down to around $7PPD. 

Super excited.

-----------------------------------

Not sure if any of you follow the Cassette Collective thread but I've been working on a project these past few months where I record shows on a cassette player.

Why live? Because when you watch a band in person, you get their energy as well as the crowd's. You get the jokes that bands make between songs and the crowd singing along. That doesn't happen on a normal album. It's just straight through. 

Why cassette / cassette recorder? It's cheap and easy. When I can afford better equipment, I'll go with that. But in the mean time, this will have to do.

Is there like an estimated time these will go up for sale? I just wanna make sure i get one. These will be so cool

I'll be putting the order in for the cassettes tomorrow so we're looking at a week until they're officially for sale. I don't want to do a pre-order in case something goes wrong ya know? I'll update this before I put them up.