FS: Mixtapes

mss614

In light of recent events, I'd like to get rid of my Mixtapes stuff.

Even on the Worst Nights

Broadway Calls Split

Somewhere In Trinsic EP

Maps And Companions

and their Zelda ripoff shirt (XL, never worn)

All of the records are the No Sleep Subscription variant (white, special b side label, wrap-around thing), minus Maps and Companions, which is on clear w/ black haze.

Not looking for a ton of money for these, just don't want them anymore.

I'm out of the loop and lazy. What happened?

Said something along the lines of "fuck you Tigers Jaw, kiss whoever you want" at a warped tour show -

someone went on stage and kissed a member of Tigers Jaw, which may not seem like a lot, but its quite the violation of space, and rights. 

Oh wow, jeez. I had heard about the Tigers Jaw deal, but not the latter story.

That's straight up molestation(the act of subjecting someone to unwanted or improper sexual advances or activity (especially women or children), and to hear people say 'Quit being such a whiny baby, it's no big deal' is pretty sad.

Oh wow, jeez. I had heard about the Tigers Jaw deal, but not the latter story.

That's straight up molestation(the act of subjecting someone to unwanted or improper sexual advances or activity (especially women or children), and to hear people say 'Quit being such a whiny baby, it's no big deal' is pretty sad.

Not a fan of mixtapes or anything, but in their defense, the dude was just joking. I can see how a joke like that could be perceived at this time - and regardless of timing people are going to run with it and put it in headlines, etc.

Not that anyone should joke about it, but as a fan of some fucked up comedy, I can kind of see how that joke went badly and he was just kidding. He even claimed to have been kidding at that show shortly after the joke, but if he truly meant it then that's another story I suppose.

/my thoughts

Not a fan of mixtapes or anything, but in their defense, the dude was just joking. I can see how a joke like that could be perceived at this time - and regardless of timing people are going to run with it and put it in headlines, etc.

Not that anyone should joke about it, but as a fan of some fucked up comedy, I can kind of see how that joke went badly and he was just kidding. He even claimed to have been kidding at that show shortly after the joke, but if he truly meant it then that's another story I suppose.

/my thoughts

Agreed. Also Ryan apologized almost Immediately onstage and said it was a joke (from what I've heard). Also Maura issued a statement on the whole thing. The band does a lot of stupid stuff on stage. Long Live Mixtapes.

Agreed. Also Ryan apologized almost Immediately onstage and said it was a joke (from what I've heard). Also Maura issued a statement on the whole thing. The band does a lot of stupid stuff on stage. Long Live Mixtapes.

dont like their band at all so probably doesnt help my opinion, but for real, thats some stupid shit to do and if it was a joke, it was dumb because that shit sticks with you and has repercussions like this dude gettin rid of his mixtapes shit

dont like their band at all so probably doesnt help my opinion, but for real, thats some stupid shit to do and if it was a joke, it was dumb because that shit sticks with you and has repercussions like this dude gettin rid of his mixtapes shit

Yea I agree it was a dumb thing to say but I think the internet (Im looking at you absolutepunk) has blown it way out of proportion. 

True, but just because someone made a bad joke doesn't necessarily mean ditch their discography. I've met some bands I wish I hadn't. I've worked for some bands that I looked up to and in the end hated them. However, from that I've learned to put aside personal issues (at least ones that are excusable to an extent, or don't have anything to do with me) when viewing a band's music.

You're right though, it does stick with people. I don't know why everyone was so butt hurt though - again, it was definitely a joke from the dude. Not a funny one, but nonetheless a joke.

True, but just because someone made a bad joke doesn't necessarily mean ditch their discography. I've met some bands I wish I hadn't. I've worked for some bands that I looked up to and in the end hated them. However, from that I've learned to put aside personal issues (at least ones that are excusable to an extent, or don't have anything to do with me) when viewing a band's music.

You're right though, it does stick with people. I don't know why everyone was so butt hurt though - again, it was definitely a joke from the dude. Not a funny one, but nonetheless a joke.

The internet is a powerful thing. It can be your best friend, or your worst enemy.