The o-phish-ial PHISH thread

"This year, we're happy to announce that The Freezer will play host to the JEMP Records Store, on site at Randall's Island. On Friday & Saturday, JEMP Records will be unleashing a new Phish vinyl release to the public, which will be available for the first time exclusively at Randall's Island. We'll announce details shortly!"

http://phish.com/phishupdate/20140623.html

Edited by coolio
release confirmed

Still hoping to make it out to this run, won't know for sure for another few days. If I miss it I take solace in the fact that the last few show exclusive vinyl releases ended up easy enough to find (Party Time, White Tape). The phrasing of the announcement also makes it sound like this will be available more widely down the road "which will be available for the first time exclusively at Randall's Island"

Still hoping to make it out to this run, won't know for sure for another few days. If I miss it I take solace in the fact that the last few show exclusive vinyl releases ended up easy enough to find (Party Time, White Tape). The phrasing of the announcement also makes it sound like this will be available more widely down the road "which will be available for the first time exclusively at Randall's Island"

I'm 99.9% optimistic that this will be up for sale at some point through Dry Goods. Just want to make sure that I'm covered for that 0.01% chance :P

On July 11 & 12, The Freezer at Randall’s Island will play host to the JEMP Record Store. We’re excited to announce that Phish will release A Picture Of Nectar, the band’s third full-length studio album, as a Limited Edition Deluxe 2-LP vinyl set, available exclusively for the first time at the JEMP Records Store at Randall’s Island. The LE Deluxe 2-LP vinyl set is limited to 7,500 individually foil stamped, numbered copies; 2,500 of which will be available at Randall’s (the remaining quantities will be available in stores at at Phish Dry Goods at a later date, so fans at Randall’s will get the first crack at the release months in advance). This will be the first time A Picture of Nectar has been pressed on vinyl.

A Picture of Nectar was recorded in 1991 at White Crow Studios in Burlington, Vermont on 24-track 2″ tape and mixed to 1/2″ stereo reels. This was the band’s major label debut and the start of a long relationship with Elektra. It was also their tribute to Nectar Rorris, owner of Nectar’s in Burlington, where Phish played many multiple night stands in the 1980′s that in their words “taught us how to play.”

Like Junta and Lawn Boy, Phish self-produced A Picture of Nectar “with a lot of help from” Engineer Kevin Halpin. The material displayed the growing extent and diversity of Phish’s talents honed throughout eight years of rehearsals and hundreds of live shows. Twenty two years later, nearly every song on A Picture of Nectar is still in live rotation today.

A Picture of Nectar was mastered by Bob Ludwig and released by Elektra February 18, 1992 on CD and cassette. The album went on to be certified Gold. In 2014, Chris Bellman at Bernie Grundman Mastering cut the lacquers from the original stereo master reels for the vinyl edition. Each LP is pressed onto 180g audiophile grade vinyl and includes a free MP3 download of the album (transferred from the vinyl master).

We’ll be announcing additional details about picking up the release at Randall’s Island this week. There will be a merchandise check on site, so that you don't have to haul around your records all day.

KHxGyXf.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I finally got to listen to this vinyl and like the other recent Jemp's (junta, lawn boy, etc), it's a top notch pressing and sounds fantastic! Like Junta, when I first heard Bowie on vinyl, I'm hearing nuances and details to the songs that I had never picked up on before.

Great vinyl and great weekend of Phish NYC!

I finally got to listen to this vinyl and like the other recent Jemp's (junta, lawn boy, etc), it's a top notch pressing and sounds fantastic! Like Junta, when I first heard Bowie on vinyl, I'm hearing nuances and details to the songs that I had never picked up on before.

Great vinyl and great weekend of Phish NYC!

Lots of good reviews it sounds great (as expected)! Hopefully they release these on Dry Goods sooner than later.

Is there any chance that it will be cheaper on Dry Goods or something when they release it later? $50 kind of hurts to look at right now, but I don't really know what price I should be expecting for this release. $50 definitely beats ebay prices though.

I'm still kicking myself for not grabbing either pressing of Junta. Definitely not gonna miss out on this.

Is there any chance that it will be cheaper on Dry Goods or something when they release it later? $50 kind of hurts to look at right now, but I don't really know what price I should be expecting for this release. $50 definitely beats ebay prices though.

I'm still kicking myself for not grabbing either pressing of Junta. Definitely not gonna miss out on this.

It will probably be that same price everywhere....but that is just going off what Lawn Boy was on RSD. I also know DG will bend you over the coals on shipping and probably not send it in a mailer but instead a big box with those damn air pockets inside! Also elusive disc will charge shipping unless you order over $99 but at least they know how to pack. Im sure this will be available via Amoeba, SSD, bullmoose and insert online retailer here....plus independent record stores should have a few.....

• coolio changed the title to The o-phish-ial PHISH thread