The o-phish-ial PHISH thread

1 hour ago, museummouth said:

Yeah if you don’t care about the numbering you’ll be able to get a plain copy in a few months time for around $35-40.  That’s if they repress it though which they probably will but who knows NYE wasn’t repressed. 

Keep in mind “NYE” was not one of the main studio albums.

Billy Breathes is the Phish album that has the “hit” on it. :lol:

The band will do what it can to keep it in print.

But agreed, the “directions” that vinyl releases go, sometimes what the labels choose to repress really makes no sense. :P

3 hours ago, Gumbo72203 said:

I'd be in for that MSG at $100... that's a good price for 6xLP. 

Also, I hope you're right!  I don't care about any limited anything... I just want the music.  Listening to Nectar and Rift at the Magnaball tent was an incredible experience... the mastering is out of this world on these releases, but I just can't justify $50 on a reissue of an album, regardless of how good it sounds. 

I would be hesitant to call some of these albums “re-issues” with the exception of LawnBoy, SOTG, Farmhouse, etc.

Most of the other Phish albums were never issued on the vinyl LP format before. Therefore you can’t compare the $50 these days to the $10 or $20 it “would have” cost to buy them in the 90s, because WEA never bothered to spend the money to press them up until now....when they can charge a “premium” for it.

So really, these are the Phish album’s FIRST issue on something other than a cheap CD or cassette.

If it is an album I have wanted for 15+ years, I will pay the $50+ dollars. Especially if it sounds “amazing.”

If it is some “new artist” I only like a few songs from, I will wait for clearance prices on Amazon or E-Bay. 

19 hours ago, Plarocks said:

I would be hesitant to call some of these albums “re-issues” with the exception of LawnBoy, SOTG, Farmhouse, etc.

Most of the other Phish albums were never issued on the vinyl LP format before. Therefore you can’t compare the $50 these days to the $10 or $20 it “would have” cost to buy them in the 90s, because WEA never bothered to spend the money to press them up until now....when they can charge a “premium” for it.

So really, these are the Phish album’s FIRST issue on something other than a cheap CD or cassette.

If it is an album I have wanted for 15+ years, I will pay the $50+ dollars. Especially if it sounds “amazing.”

If it is some “new artist” I only like a few songs from, I will wait for clearance prices on Amazon or E-Bay. 

My point is that other artists are releasing new and old albums at half that cost.  Oceansize just re-released their debut "Effloresce" which featured all the same fancy production remastering from analog tapes and new lacquer cuts and it cost $20 for a 2xLP.  This is nothing more than a cash grab from the fans because they know you'll all pay it XD. 

They're sensing the end, and looking to the future the way the Dead are.  Those bank accounts need to get as big as possible, because they've got grandkids' and great-grandkids' college tuition to pay for. 

• 1 month later...

I have a 20

9 hours ago, coolio said:

Was this available online afterwards at all? I'm still holding out for the wide release, unless there is a variant at curveball (long shot). 

It was listed as a "RSD First" release on the RSD site, so it'll probably be out somewhere. For a baseline, the orange Hoist came out on RSD in 2016 and then on black vinyl about a month later (May 20th): https://www.discogs.com/Phish-Hoist/master/176361

4 minutes ago, simple_torture said:

I have a 20

It was listed as a "RSD First" release on the RSD site, so it'll probably be out somewhere. For a baseline, the orange Hoist came out on RSD in 2016 and then on black vinyl about a month later (May 20th): https://www.discogs.com/Phish-Hoist/master/176361

Yeah, I wish this was pressed in a funky color like Hoist, but I hope there is another coming post RSD

https://drygoods.phish.com/product/PHLP21/the-bakers-dozen-live-at-madison-square-garden-6lp-set?cp=773_101784

The Baker’s Dozen: Live At Madison Square Garden includes 13 tracks from the run, hand picked by the band, on six (6) 180g clear/black splatter LPs, with a full color photo book. The tracks have been remixed for this release by award winning engineer Elliot Scheiner. 

The Baker’s Dozen: Live At Madison Square Garden will be released on November 30, 2018. Pre-orders will ship on or around November 28, 2018.

PHLP21.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

https://drygoods.phish.com/product/PH295COMBO/party-time-vinyl?cp=773_1429_6907

Party Time Gold Vinyl

Full-length (2-LP 180g vinyl) album originally released as part of the super deluxe "Joy Box" and released on vinyl at Super Ball IX. This second pressing is available on metallic gold vinyl.

2 hours ago, bgdesign said:

https://drygoods.phish.com/product/PH295COMBO/party-time-vinyl?cp=773_1429_6907

Party Time Gold Vinyl

Full-length (2-LP 180g vinyl) album originally released as part of the super deluxe "Joy Box" and released on vinyl at Super Ball IX. This second pressing is available on metallic gold vinyl.

That's pretty cool, but I can't ever imagine sitting down and choosing to put on party time instead of almost any other phish studio album. I feel like it would just sit on my shelf, like the siket disc currently does. 

Though I gotta say, I love my iTunes artwork for party time, and I have no idea how it happened. CcpoA7x.jpg

Edited by coolio
more

3 hours ago, coolio said:

That's pretty cool, but I can't ever imagine sitting down and choosing to put on party time instead of almost any other phish studio album. I feel like it would just sit on my shelf, like the siket disc currently does. 

Though I gotta say, I love my iTunes artwork for party time, and I have no idea how it happened. CcpoA7x.jpg

Phish may get me to purchase another copy of this album if it has THAT cover. :wub:

• coolio changed the title to The o-phish-ial PHISH thread