PO: Vasudeva - Life In Cycles

It doesn't look blue anymore, but it doesn't look black either. Looks more like a deep teal.

The histogram showed it was a little overexposed in the shadows.  The right side of the album artwork is black, and in that image its the same color as the record itself so if the shadows were exposed properly, it'd be true black.

damn, misty!

fjg5rr.jpg

THE END lol

Hm, okay I think I see it now, but I really feel like it's more of a 'Licorice' than true black...

Hehehe, just joshin' :P

Seriously though, new marketing gimmick. Splatter, Bone, and Licorice!

No not really but it could happen.

I saw the new Being As An Ocean on black described as 'Jet Black' but I think that's just for that record to reference the title of 1 song on the album. Not sure if it's actually a different shade of black, I think it's standard black and they're just calling it that to tie in with the song title: "Death's Great Black Wing Scrapes the Air"

Or I could be completely off base and reading too deeply into this stuff.

saw these guys a month or two back and they completely blew me away...it's a shame they were so low on the bill even on a DIY venue

also, strange and worth pointing out that they played without a bass player and used a digital track instead...first time i've seen that haha

Their bassist bailed out sometime in the last 9 months, after the album came out. So it's not like that's how they really would prefer to play. I already said all this before a few pages back, but I'm not sure if they're actively trying to fill the position or not.