Jimmy Eat World Vinyl Reissues - Static Prevails, Clarity and Futures

Ordered Futures this morning and it looks like I'm the only one on this thread that's satisfied.

Not huge on the release date, but other than that, it seems fine.

But it wouldn't have been ridiculous to throw Bleed American into this press. I'm not gold on paying $100+ on the 3LP.

Oh well...

4RaIFlD.gif

Ordered Futures this morning and it looks like I'm the only one on this thread that's satisfied.

Not huge on the release date, but other than that, it seems fine.

But it wouldn't have been ridiculous to throw Bleed American into this press. I'm not gold on paying $100+ on the 3LP.

Oh well...

If it means anything, (and it probably doesn't) I asked SRC about Bleed American on Twitter and they sent back ";)." Make of that what you will.

These prices suck but it beats paying $100+ for OG presses. JEW records are always pricey anyway. Damage was $25 from their store and like $20 everywhere else until they went on clearance at Hot Topic.

"It's better than the price for an original" should never be a a reason for high prices. 

Futures and Bleed American were insanely popular albums when they came out... the older stuff I don't think was as popular.

and now does JEW popular now? Because I think< that they will never sold out 8k people show in RF

The records didn't sell out fast, really.  It's just that vinyl became popular again after these records went OOP.  For Futures at least.

Yeah I remember I could've buy sealed first press copy of futures for $40 three years ago...but the price was INSANE at that time). Back to that time I've never seen static previals ar clarity in stores or even on ebay there were very few copies of those albums.

"It's better than the price for an original" should never be a a reason for high prices.

It's a mixed bag, man. It sucks being put into a corner because its the only one available, but you can't hate economics for what it is. With that said I'll be putting money away for the blacks because the music is THAT awesome to me.

Ordered Futures from the JEW website. Way cheaper shipping to New Zealand than SRC ($16 vs. $21).

Now we wait... 

and hope for Bleed American too. 

Damn, wish I saw your post before I ordered all 3 at 8am this morning! :)

I picked up bleed american from missing link in Melbourne, still cost me $100 plus i had to carry it back to Wellington.

stoked about a futures repress. not stoked about the colored vinyl, price, and lack of etching.

i already own an og static, and the clarity repress.

futures is still my least favorite JEW album to this day (including invented), so i really dont want to pay over 40 including shipping, but its still better than the current prices for an og, and i need to complete my collection so....ugh.

Being this is a Universal Music worldwide release and they were the original distributor of this album, it surprises me that Futures is being pressed from essentially a CD rip/redbook WAV master and not a hi-res mixdown?  Surely in the day and age that this album was produced they weren't laying down Pro-Tools tracks in 16/44.1?  Giving they are touting the resolution in the announcement I guess it may actually be the case and there never was never a hi-res master?

Being this is a Universal Music worldwide release and they were the original distributor of this album, it surprises me that Futures is being pressed from essentially a CD rip/redbook WAV master and not a hi-res mixdown?  Surely in the day and age that this album was produced they weren't laying down Pro-Tools tracks in 16/44.1?  Giving they are touting the resolution in the announcement I guess it may actually be the case and there never was never a hi-res master?

Really wouldn't be surprised if that was the case, myself.

Damn, wish I saw your post before I ordered all 3 at 8am this morning! :)

I picked up bleed american from missing link in Melbourne, still cost me $100 plus i had to carry it back to Wellington.

I saw Bleed American at Resist Records in Sydney for $60 and passed on it... still kicking myself for that! Hah