Jimmy Eat World Vinyl Reissues - Static Prevails, Clarity and Futures

I’m gonna order that shit when the website works. Can’t add anything from that page’s drop down menu to cart.

edit: can add the $36 version but I can’t see the downside to “subscribing” when you can just cancel before you get billed for a second month.

Edited by dantheriver

3 minutes ago, HardlineKid said:

Why are the rest of the Jimmy records on that site $36? Anything limited?

Every record they offer is $36.  There’s obviously no reason to ever get a general release from them but I’m sure there are beginner level collectors who just keep their sub going and choose normal releases when there isn’t an exclusive they are interested in.

57 minutes ago, IndigoHollow said:

If you will cancel your sub right now, will you be charged additional $ for this 2xLP vinyl?

You can interpret their policy how you wish: https://bandboxrocks.com/pages/faqs

I see things about “I just want the one album” and they said “subscribe or pay the one time price” but then they also say “cancel any time” and whatnot. So what’s to stop anyone from only ever “subscribing” when they want the exclusive at the lower price? I’m not sure, but it sounds like I’ll be fine to squash this sub if I don’t need any of the current exclusives or whatever they announce next month. 

• 7 months later...
On 7/25/2021 at 1:29 PM, IndigoHollow said:

If you will cancel your sub right now, will you be charged additional $ for this 2xLP vinyl?

On 7/25/2021 at 2:29 PM, dantheriver said:

You can interpret their policy how you wish: https://bandboxrocks.com/pages/faqs

I see things about “I just want the one album” and they said “subscribe or pay the one time price” but then they also say “cancel any time” and whatnot. So what’s to stop anyone from only ever “subscribing” when they want the exclusive at the lower price? I’m not sure, but it sounds like I’ll be fine to squash this sub if I don’t need any of the current exclusives or whatever they announce next month. 

I never saw these questions/ responses before, but I can tell you that I subscribe and unsubscribe from them constantly. You only are ever charged when your sub renews. Cancel before that you're clear for the lower price. 

26 minutes ago, Fowty Dollaz said:

I never saw these questions/ responses before, but I can tell you that I subscribe and unsubscribe from them constantly. You only are ever charged when your sub renews. Cancel before that you're clear for the lower price. 

I’ve just left mine running and skipped practically every month.

• 2 months later...
3 hours ago, HardlineKid said:

Was this out of press? I saw this randomly in a latin music record store (along with a 2 year OOP variant of TWY's No Closer to Heaven, now that I think about it....)

Yeah, it's been harder to find (for a reasonable price) for the last year or so. Like everything else, it seems. 

Edited by mitchard

• 3 months later...
2 hours ago, JohnMatrix said:

The band is selling Futures on tour right now. I don't know if this is coming back in print or if these are just random copies they still had but I haven't seen anything online yet

It’s a repress. I got one recently from a brick and mortar, along with a copy of Clarity.