PO: Karen O - Crush Songs (Limited Edition)

My copy arrived today. Really awesome packaging. Individual 12x12 artwork one one side and handwritten (photocopied) lyrics on the opposite side for each song housed in an envelope inside the sleeve. Orangy sunbursty vinyl and a picture of Karen O inside the sleeve jacket. Signed of course, on the cover.

While the packaging is cool I'm definitely having some buyers remorse since these tracks sound more like song sketches than fully realized songs. Maybe it will grow on me.....

My copy arrived today. Really awesome packaging. Individual 12x12 artwork one one side and handwritten (photocopied) lyrics on the opposite side for each song housed in an envelope inside the sleeve. Orangy sunbursty vinyl and a picture of Karen O inside the sleeve jacket. Signed of course, on the cover.

While the packaging is cool I'm definitely having some buyers remorse since these tracks sound more like song sketches than fully realized songs. Maybe it will grow on me.....

Yeah the packages is pretty freest and I do love the colored vinyl and I'm not disapointed by the songs I expected the songs to sound like that since she said they were recorded in her home so I assumed they were like little demos

Still haven't gotten my copy, no shipping notice and they will not respond to emails :| I think I pre-ordered this late June. Awful CS as I see them ignoring people on twitter about their copies not shipping as well.

Do you guys who have it, did it just randomly show up? Do you remember where it shipped from? I think Cultrecords is out of NYC so I figured I would have it by now. Clearly my copy hasn't shipped.

Still haven't gotten my copy, no shipping notice and they will not respond to emails :| I think I pre-ordered this late July. Awful CS as I see them ignoring people on twitter about their copies not shipping as well.

Do you guys who have it, did it just randomly show up? Do you remember where it shipped from? I think Cultrecords is out of NYC so I figured I would have it by now. Clearly my copy hasn't shipped.

I got a shipping notice and I live all the way in the Pacific Northwest so I'm pretty far away from NYC but it was two day shipping so I got it pretty soon, I would. Send them an angry email that contains your receipt number, that's what I did

I got a shipping notice and I live all the way in the Pacific Northwest so I'm pretty far away from NYC but it was two day shipping so I got it pretty soon, I would. Send them an angry email that contains your receipt number, that's what I did

Thanks for the info. Appreciate it and I will.

Just saw this on twitter...

"Cult Records @CultRecords 12m

@dbrekke you'll get email when despatched, thanks for patience! she's signing them ALL, hopefully worth the wait for that :)"

wtf she hasn't signed them all. God knows when I'll get my copy lol

Thanks for the info. Appreciate it and I will.

Just saw this on twitter...

"Cult Records ‏@CultRecords 12m

@dbrekke you'll get email when despatched, thanks for patience! she's signing them ALL, hopefully worth the wait for that :)"

wtf she hasn't signed them all. God knows when I'll get my copy lol

Yeah my copy was 600/1000

1,000 dang, lots to sign... still figured she would have signed them all before release, but obviously that didn't happen.

I received mine today in NYC.  I didn't get a shipping notification.  It's actually a very nice package.  Proud to have it.

So it's all just random how they're doing stuff. Hopefully they will respond to one of my emails and I figured I'd get it quicker since I ordered I think the first day or night they went up and I'm in NYC too... wrong with that too hah

Glad to hear it's nice though.

1,000 dang, lots to sign... still figured she would have signed them all before release, but obviously that didn't happen.

So it's all just random how they're doing stuff. Hopefully they will respond to one of my emails and I figured I'd get it quicker since I ordered I think the first day or night they went up and I'm in NYC too... wrong with that too hah

Glad to hear it's nice though.

Yeah, it must be random.  I ordered the first day as well.  It was a nice surprise getting it today, even though it's late.  Seeing her play at Le Poisson Rouge tomorrow.  Super pumped.

Still nothing, first day order. Nothing in the mail and no shipping notice. Also they seriously don't reply to emails. I was nice in one and in the 2nd I asked a little bit more firmly if I could at least get an update or an estimate when it would ship and they just continue to ignore.

Based on the way they ignore emails, do things randomly, give no updates and randomly pick who they will to reply to on twitter. I think I'm never ordering from them again even if an artist I loves comes out with something limited through them.

Their customer service has turned me off. I thought MyPlayDirect was bad hah

One who doesn't sit on twitter all day or doesn't have a twitter account wouldn't know that. They should reply to peoples emails or send out an email update to everyone when you're spending $60+ for a record and it's delayed. MyPlayDirect sent out an email about Banks signed vinyl being delayed and they're a crappy company usually. Had no clue they finally started responding to people who were bitching non stop at them. As of yesterday when I randomly looked they had replied to one or two people and not in detail.

It's a risky tactic that can anger customers who spend all day online an expect instant answers but some labels will go MIA until they have positive info to share. They don't have the time to respond to everyone and they don't want to make a negative public announcement about their delay, so they'll be silent for two or three weeks then email everyone back with positive news.

my good friend just started dating her manager. he went to visit her at the office a couple weeks ago, and sent me this

8PVYccY.png

that said, i was especially let down by the pitchfork review. as well as a couple of the comments i've seen on this page.