PO: Sun Kil Moon "Benji" (7/29)

Just out of curiosity, why wouldn't you be very hopeful?  Was it at the end of the day that you ordered?  Directly from their site; "Of course we will fill orders in the order we receive them."

the ominous tweet about not being able to cover the preorders, but maybe i'm just being pessimistic. i think i placed my order after bullmoose came in and said "if you care about the music, order black" so you're probably right.

the ominous tweet about not being able to cover the preorders, but maybe i'm just being pessimistic. i think i placed my order after bullmoose came in and said "if you care about the music, order black" so you're probably right.

I ordered my yellow before that and my black immediate after.  I'm also keeping a really close watch on Caldo's site, hopefully it goes up while I'm awake.  What time did Perils get posted?  I remember being up for it.

I am pretty positive Caldo will sell a few hundred themselves. I know my local record store "guy" said they were very limited and he had to get his order in with the distro within a deadline and they were limited to how many they were allowed to order....

Depends on store size and such...so a place like Bullmoose would get probably double or triple what a small store in Ann Arbor would get. He is getting 5 of each color, so 10 total. Bullmoose will get between 20-30....per the knowledge from my "guy" 

These are educated guesses. So if you got in within the first few hours id say your 100% if you waited til the following day I would say outlook not so good! Sorry 

SIDENOTE: (feeling generous) 

I think to be super cool I am going to talk with the few people that have messaged me, and the next person who does to reserve one! My guy said 1 per customer but I will bring my Wife and my Brother so I can get 2 extra! Understand it will be going out of my way a little (convince my bro to go with me, probably have to buy him lunch) and force my wife to come! So please know I might have to charge like $5 or so....they are $35 from the store!

My guy always lists things a few bucks below everyone else, but with this one he may be miking it a bit....

The rollout of these releases is a total shit show.  In the old days Caldo Verde would post all available copies and would sell them until they ran out.  Seems simple to me.  None of this multi-retailer approach with people who think they were able to purchase copies only to find out months later that there weren't any there to begin with.  

I miss when Aural Exploits handled all the non label sales. 

Guest deleted

I miss when Aural Exploits handled all the non label sales.

Yeah, they were easy to get then, either color or black. Too bad they ripped a bunch of people off and then disappeared...

Edit: Actually, there was an eBay seller who was constantly offloading copies of Kozelek's "The Finally" for quite some time (which was one of the few Kozelek albums that Aural Exploits had lots of stock of before they disappeared). I always wondered if that was Aural Exploits eBay after they disappeared.

Yeah, they were easy to get then, either color or black. Too bad they ripped a bunch of people off and then disappeared...

Edit: Actually, there was an eBay seller who was constantly offloading copies of Kozelek's "The Finally" for quite some time (which was one of the few Kozelek albums that Aural Exploits had lots of stock of before they disappeared). I always wondered if that was Aural Exploits eBay after they disappeared.

Yeah, I never had a bad experience with them, but I guess I may have been the only one.

They were fine until the Jesu "Ascension" pre-order that they collected money for and then disappeared before fulfilling. Felt bad because I created the thread. :(

http://boards.vinylcollective.com/topic/61871-jesu-ascension-pre-ordertest-press-contest/

i never had a problem with AE, ordered a lot, and got a few sweet deals on some stuff from that site, UNTIL that Jesu Ascension debacle...still leaves a very bad taste in my mouth...

i never had a problem with AE, ordered a lot, and got a few sweet deals on some stuff from that site, UNTIL that Jesu Ascension debacle...still leaves a very bad taste in my mouth...

I'm a huge Jesu fan, but I didn't really like Ascension that much, so I never got around to preordering it.  I'm glad I dodged that bullet.