PO: Sun Kil Moon "Benji" (7/29)

I agree with you. I accidentally downvoted you, sorry haha.

I got your back. It just seems like Mark's laughing at us, for being a bunch of school girls, giggling at the fabricated playground fight. He's really taking the piss. I, for one, am enjoying this charade, and wish WOD would play along.

Maybe this is funny to some people, but this has made me pretty much ignore Mark and his music completely. I don't even listen to War on Drugs much, but this whole thing is bizarre and makes him look awful IMO.

I find his relentlessness really entertaining.  I also think that War on Drugs is super boring, but I'd probably find it amusing no matter who he was going after.  I don't really follow musician feuds, but this one is pretty funny and we got a decent song out of it as well.

Dude from WOD handled it all wrong. He should've written a song about Mark. MK would've loved it.

I wouldn't say he handled it wrong. My guess is that he's not that much of an attention whore as Mark Kozelek is. He's always been trying to gain success by igniting publicity in the most stupidest of ways to make his inherently boring music count. At least he got this years most awaited nomination for the Biggest Douche In The Universe-Award. Congrats Mark!!!

I don't see why people care. Artists are weird. PEOPLE in general are weird. He probably thinks its funny that his silly actions get covered as news, or simply just doesn't give a shit what people think. Or maybe he's crazy. Either way it affects his music in no way for me.

That is the right thing to do. I disliked his music before I starting to find the guy laughable, it would be a shame to let go of ones beloved records because the people behind it are shite. That's just the way people are.

I love most of Mark's music but I think he trolled us all with Benji.  I find it almost embarrassing to listen to (except for Prayer for Newtown).  Ghosts, April, and Admiral are spectacular, but he just seems totally uninspired anymore.  This ridiculous WOD thing really makes him look like a huge out-of-touch asshole.

I've picked up nearly everything he's put out for the past 10 years. I would never, ever, ever buy the War on Drugs diss tracks. They are beyond stupid.

Nah Benji is a great album.

I was with him when he spoke out against people talking at gigs but it's the War On Drugs stuff that is weird/embarrassing.

But then if he put both of his WOD songs on a 12" I bet some people here would buy it :-)

I love most of Mark's music but I think he trolled us all with Benji. I find it almost embarrassing to listen to (except for Prayer for Newtown). Ghosts, April, and Admiral are spectacular, but he just seems totally uninspired anymore. This ridiculous WOD thing really makes him look like a huge out-of-touch asshole.

Are you crazy?

I love most of Mark's music but I think he trolled us all with Benji.  I find it almost embarrassing to listen to (except for Prayer for Newtown).  Ghosts, April, and Admiral are spectacular, but he just seems totally uninspired anymore.  This ridiculous WOD thing really makes him look like a huge out-of-touch asshole.

I couldn't disagree more. I think what he's doing is the most genuine songwriting of his career. As far as the out of touch asshole thing.. I don't think he cares to be an in touch nice guy.

I don't see why people care. Artists are weird. PEOPLE in general are weird. He probably thinks its funny that his silly actions get covered as news, or simply just doesn't give a shit what people think. Or maybe he's crazy. Either way it affects his music in no way for me. 

Very well put.

I remember Alex saying something about wishing for more band feuds in an episode of TWT. Although dumb, here's one! Haha.