WHIRR - Sway LP (out on 9/23) and Pipe Dreams Redux

Hope Pipe Dreams is totally redone. Interested in where their new LP is headed.

The response from people who saw them on the nothing tour seemed to be less than spectacular. I'm excited about hearing the songs written by the other members, as well as how the male vocals taking the lead will go, so much could be done now. The aim of writing "mature punk" over alternative rock is exciting to me as well.

like everyone else, i wish it wasn't so far away. i also hope that pipe dreams is significantly different to justify buying it again.

i kinda wish Nick didn't join Nothing, though. i like both bands, but they don't necessarily need him on bass and Whirr would only benefit from having him around to write and tour.

The response from people who saw them on the nothing tour seemed to be less than spectacular. I'm excited about hearing the songs written by the other members, as well as how the male vocals taking the lead will go, so much could be done now. The aim of writing "mature punk" over alternative rock is exciting to me as well.

I was one of those people, but to be fair, I'm still excited to see how this LP turned out. I'm also curious on what the pipe dreams redux will add. Was that talked about anywhere yet?

hmmm. part of me is really excited for this, but another part of me is skeptical from the response the new lineup has been getting on tour.

also does anybody know what exactly we're getting with the pipe dreams rerelease? is a remastering, just a repressing, or what?

which members left/who joined as of recently?

I know they no longer have a female doing the vocals. When I saw them on that tour with Nothing, it was a five-piece with the one guitarist (in that pic on the link to my news post, he's the one with the Nothing Mickey shirt on at left front) handling the vocals. If that's a recent-ish pic, then it's the same line-up I saw.

I'll be honest. That night both WHIRR and Nothing were loud and you couldn't hear the vocals at all as they were completely buried in the mix. Then again, the venue they played doesn't have the best acoustics to begin with.

The response from people who saw them on the nothing tour seemed to be less than spectacular.

I was the main offender on that one, I think, and posted a fairly lengthy writeup of my experience and disappointment with their performance.  I'll still be checking out Sway, though, and giving them the benefit of the doubt.

the only reason i would place Distressor above Pipe Dreams is because there are a few tracks on Pipe Dreams that feel out of place because of how upbeat they are. however, i think its their most underrated release and some of my favorite songs (Hide, Home Is Where My Head Is) are on it.

Not my favorite, but I like Pipe Dreams. I can see some being comparatively disappointed to the rest of their catalog. One of the things I'm sad about this next release not having female vocals is that Around sounded like it was heading in a cool direction. Hope Sway will just be at least another cool direction, in the end, if not great.

Not my favorite, but I like Pipe Dreams. I can see some being comparatively disappointed to the rest of their catalog. One of the things I'm sad about this next release not having female vocals is that Around sounded like it was heading in a cool direction. Hope Sway will just be at least another cool direction, in the end, if not great.

I was under the impression that some tracks off of Sway will feature female vocals while others won't.

am i the only one who thinks pipe dreams is their best work

I enjoy all their stuff they've released so far, but pipe dreams was what I was originally exposed to by them and grabbed me so I'll always have a little but of bias towards it.

the 1-2-3 punch of flashback/formulas and frequencies/home is where my head is will always get me.