WHIRR - Sway LP (out on 9/23) and Pipe Dreams Redux

am I the only one who thought the Around vocalist was their worst? she wasn't a bad vocalist, but i thought she was the most bland out of the previous girls they had.

I think every vocalist was perfect for the way the music sounded on each particular album / EP. Kristina's voice was perfect for Around and she was actually probably my favorite if I had to pick.

I know a lot of people don't like doing this, but I stumbled across this and couldn't help myself. Clips of every song. Got me REALLY excited. If you're curious:

http://www.amazon.com/Sway-Whirr/dp/B00LIE7KSC/ref=sr_1_4?s=dmusic&ie=UTF8&qid=1405243026&sr=1-4&keywords=whirr

Also nice to see that Mumble is the shortest song on the album by a minute.

The beginning of the clip for "Dry" sounds really dark. Can't wait to hear the full song.

Just joined the Record Club for this. And the "Pipe Dreams" redux. Worth it.

Anyone by chance going to the Nothing show in Chicago tonight? Looking like I'm screwed and unable to go last minute. Car is fucked, friend is a flake. If they have the Whirr X-Files shirts with them, I would seriously appreciate it if somebody could grab me a medium. I'll toss you some extra cash for doing so. Lemme know ya'll.

• 3 weeks later...

I wasn't really sure how i would feel about the change in vocalist with this album, but I really like everything I have heard so far.

The singer has sang since the beginning. You can hear him back up the female vocalist on tons of songs, though in the background, you can still tell he's there. New songs are awesome. Kinda glad they switched it up.

This might not be the appropriate thread to post this in but Nothing recently posted an interview they did and it was mentioned that their split with Whirr, which was teased last year, comes out in October. You can read that and more here: http://painfulburning.blogspot.com/2014/08/interview-dominic-nicky-palermo-nothing.html?m=1

This might not be the appropriate thread to post this in but Nothing recently posted an interview they did and it was mentioned that their split with Whirr, which was teased last year, comes out in October. You can read that and more here: http://painfulburning.blogspot.com/2014/08/interview-dominic-nicky-palermo-nothing.html?m=1

Seems relevant enough to me. I'm stoked for the split and glad to hear some new info about it.

• 2 weeks later...