WHIRR - Sway LP (out on 9/23) and Pipe Dreams Redux

I know that their tough-guy Facebook persona is all a part of their fun and games... but can the same be said for when they act like a whiny bitch over a single review? Why do they make such a fuss over Pitchfork's verdict over everyone else's? Even if it's just "for fun", it's pretty embarrassing.

Who knows man I gave up on their persona tbh. I could give two shits about whatever new gaze crowds full of like minded individuals they've got going on 'cause I'd never wanna be associated with that scene, but their music is gold and I leave it at that

I do understand the point of criticism executed in the review. This is shoegaze at it's most classic and 90's glorifying. While there's nothing wrong with that, I follow the authors disappointment in how samey and 'standard' this record is. Not every good shoegaze record has to be genre-bending, but to me the new songs just don't deliver quite as Distressor or Around did. Still this is a good and really enjoyable album, I'm down at around 7/10.

Just some peace of mind for anyone worried about not receiving shipping confirmation yet - definitely hit up Olivia. She told me that they were waiting to ship my package because they ran out of medium shirts for the bundle, but were expecting more very soon. She also offered to ship the shirt with my next package, so I went with that. I cannot wait to get my copy - just got confirmation that it's being delivered today rather than Thursday!! Only a few more hours.  :D

As far as the album itself goes...AOTY for me, no question. And that's with *a lot* of competition (GOE, new ETID/YAITW/Code Orange, etc). Near perfect record. I'll second the comment that the only thing that'd make it better would if it were a 10 track record. This album has come at the perfect time for me, I'll say it again...fits my mood perfectly and absolutely has helped me with this increasingly heavy month I've been dealing with.

Not going to dive into their online persona nonsense too much, but it's incredibly apparent that their 'act' is pure satire. Not sure how people don't see that. Ignore it or embrace it, I choose the later because I think it's hilarious. I think my post a few pages back with the poster personalized to me about my dog passing away says a lot about. My buddy told me Nick was the one responsible, and he's the dude who seems to get the most hate. I'll back Whirr forever after that.

Apparently a lot of the RC copies came warped, so they're sending me mine in the next package. Lame, but I'm glad they're not just sending me something to get it over with.

Mine had a slight warp to it. Nothing too crazy so I didn't mention it to them. I am flattening it a bit so I will see how it unwarps. Should be alright.

Whirr "reviewing" Pitchfork just makes them seem like whiny brats. The reviewer had valid points. They didn't say the record is absolute garbage, just formulaic. And 6.9 is a good, if not great score on a 10 point scale.

the issue isnt the score or the points the reviewer made. its that there are numerous factual inaccuracies. the writer did no homework whatsoever and comes off totally lazy. 

inaccuracies:

saying nick sings when he doesnt

saying there are female backing vocals when there arent

misquoting lyrics