Swans Hype: 2022 Edition

• 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...
  • Derek™ changed the title to Swans Hype: 2022 Edition
  • 3 months later...

New song is great.  Leaving Meaning is… fine.  In a vacuum, I think it’s probably a pretty good album.  On the heels of “the trilogy” though, it falls in their shadow.  This new track lands somewhere between Leaving Meaning and a Glowing Man cut, so I’m pretty happy with it.  Meditative? ☑️ Groovy? ☑️ Sinister-beneath-the-surface? ☑️

Kind of a bummer we’re not getting the 44 minute track on vinyl.  To be fair, it could just be an ambient interlude or 44 minutes of Gira spitting and sputtering, or chanting the same line on repeat – I put nothing past Swans, and we simply don’t know what we’re actually missing just yet.  I think I only find it weird because it’s a track that isn’t just tacked on at the end, available as a bonus disc – like Look At Me Go for My Father… – and will actually be a part of the digital queue.  Feels kind of weird to omit it, just from a structural point on streaming platforms.  But if it was present, this thing would be pushing 4 LPs, I’m pretty sure.

Excited to hear the whole thing, all the same.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...