The Leftovers [HBO Show]

I assumed Meg took over for Patti after she killed herself, and Patti was the leader of the local Guilty Remnant chapter.  It would make sense then that Meg knew Laurie and Tom were trying to get members to leave when the group found them and left the note, and used the rape as a way to get revenge/show her power.

Also I don't think Tom (or Wayne) really has any powers.  Outside of the premise that a bunch of people off and disappeared, it's been fairly realistic so far.  Maybe Tom truly thinks he has powers, or maybe he's just bullshitting, but I hope the writers don't turn this into some supernatural powers shit.

Tom is obviously bull shutting.

i thought so as well. didn't kevin stumble upon wayne dying in the bathroom of that restaurant? i didn't think tom ever accepted a hug from wayne. 

i think all the australia connections are interesting. kevin's father is going there... the tower guy was having a letter sent there... someone just resurrected there... 

it makes me happy that so many people here watch this. i really hope it doesn't get cancelled. 

edit: also the meeting w/ the publisher was so meta in describing the mysteries of the GR.

Yeah Tom is obviously lying unless the show cuts back and shows holy wayne in that bathroom (that would be dumb) plus it makes more narrative sense that Tom would have to lie and make people faithful over a lie (like the GR).

Wayne may have some powers...seems a little coincidental what he managed for Kevin in the finale. Kevin's dog randomly becoming domesticated seems like it would point to that. However, it could go both ways, like most things on this show. 

• 3 weeks later...

This is probably going to be the best season of television this season. The acting in this episode was incredible from King and Coon! Just stupendous stuff.

I think the best thing is moving past all those tertiary characters from season 1. They were okay but all the new characters in season 2 are working soooo much better.

This show is a serious mind fuck.

Been thinking this for the past few weeks. I keep wondering how they are going to merge all of the stories at the end. And then I think... they probably won't.

Also, far too many dicks out. I appreciate a good nude scene but I'd rather see more Liv Tyler and less old man dicks.

http://www.reddit.com/r/theleftovers/comments/3s3fsy/interest_in_live_streaming_of_leftovers_music_on/

thought some of you may be interested in this. someone over on the leftovers sub is planning on doing live streaming "concerts" of music from the show prior to each episode. his videos are great, so I think this'll be pretty epic.