• 4 weeks later...

Well they are only donating a dollar for each record so probably not worth it

Cash grab, marketing scheme.  Anything on pink sells like crack, very little of any of that pink "Awareness" stuff actually goes towards anything. 

Actually bummed me out that FAT would be a part of it. Limited pressings, and only a buck per record actually goes to charity.  And their more expensive than other pressings of the same album.

• 3 weeks later...

According to the newsletter and also on each individual pink release, they will donate different amounts depending on the album.

Angels & Airwaves = $5 to The Keep A Breast Foundation

Blink-182 = $5 to The Keep A Breast Foundation

Against Me! = $1 to Gilda's Club NYC and $2 to The Keep A Breast Foundation

Me First... = $1 to Gilda's Club NYC and $2 to The Keep A Breast Foundation

Courtney Barnett = $1 to Gilda's Club NYC and $2 to The Keep A Breast Foundation

In This Moment = $1 to Gilda's Club NYC and $2 to The Keep A Breast Foundation

Jason Isbell = $1 to Gilda's Club NYC and $2 to The Keep A Breast Foundation

Kellie Pickler = $1 to Gilda's Club NYC and $2 to The Keep A Breast Foundation

Lucius = $1 to Gilda's Club NYC and $2 to The Keep A Breast Foundation

Nothing = $1 to Gilda's Club NYC and $2 to The Keep A Breast Foundation

St. Paul = $1 to Gilda's Club NYC and $2 to The Keep A Breast Foundation

• 2 weeks later...

Been meaning to get a few of these, this seems like a good cause to do so. Can I write these off on my taxes as a charitable contribution?

Nope. Companies that do this use YOUR donations in their name for THEIR TAX WRITE-OFF!!

Not very altruistic. :(

Fat Wreck Chords have confirmed that the Gimmes had an issue at the pressing plant, some people that have recieved black copies and have contacted Insound have said that they will swap these as soon as the correct colour stock arrives. So if you have black contact insound with your details.

I came to complain about a black copy of the Gimmies record. I'm glad to see there is some useful info in the thread. Thanks everyone.

What is the best way to contact Insound now that their site appears to be down? If anyone has an email address, please let me know; I can't find the original confirmation email in my inbox.

Thanks

I came to complain about a black copy of the Gimmies record. I'm glad to see there is some useful info in the thread. Thanks everyone.

What is the best way to contact Insound now that their site appears to be down? If anyone has an email address, please let me know; I can't find the original confirmation email in my inbox.

Thanks

I guess it is as much relief as it is sad....

I suspect they are pretty busy right now as lieteraly all their shipments are black.

The email addresses I used were:

[email protected]

[email protected]

There is also a phone number:

Customer Service Phone:   212-991-5195

I know of 2 people that received replies telling them all will be sorted, and one of the guys at FAT said they are working with the plant to get the right colour pressed asap.