PO: DAVID BAZAN Monthly

So much better than on the record.

How many times is this said about artists? Not the case, that I've noticed. Pretty sure I've heard he's taken voice lessons the past few years. You can tell. The guy has a voice, but he's really learned about his range and isn't afraid to sing his ass off.

Gah. I'm an impulsive sucker. Didn't see this thread til today, didn't listen to Bazan until about a month and a half ago, and here I am about to order this thing because these songs are just. Mm. Marvelous. This guy really has hardly any bad or weak songs.

Welcome to the club. Now you can spend days trolling online trying to convince assholes who shit on him that his songs aren't just about depressing things. 

• 1 month later...

I'm not a big fan of 7" records and having to swap out/flip after every song but I bought the volume one full set.  I listen to the mp3s more than anything and I figured some part of my cost would go to a musician I like.  A 12" double album compilation release for Volumes One and Two would be a must buy for me.

A 12" double album compilation release for Volumes One and Two would be a must buy for me.

He said they won't be doing that because it's kind of a slap in the face to the people who buy all the 7"s. 

I'd rather them do a preorder for the LP as well. Or add an LP for $10 or something. 

Has the first series shipped yet? I haven't actually received any of the 7"s, just the downloads.

I really love the songs from Vol. 1, will buy Vol. 2 for sure.

I've received the first 4 7"s. I think there was an option to have all of the 7"s held and shipped together at the end to save on shipping. Perhaps you chose that option?

Thanks achilesstand7 for letting me know Dave's FB said that about #5. I just counted and realized I had four over to the side. I don't know why, but I haven't listened to the downloads or these yet. Oh, I remember, I wanted to play them back to back like an album to see if there was any continuity. 

Thanks achilesstand7 for letting me know Dave's FB said that about #5. I just counted and realized I had four over to the side. I don't know why, but I haven't listened to the downloads or these yet. Oh, I remember, I wanted to play them back to back like an album to see if there was any continuity.

They're not meant to. He has said that he wanted to implement a writing process he's not used to. By forcing himself to write, record, mix, and master two songs every month, they are independent of each other. Though I listen to VOL 1 together all the time and I think it works as an album. I think it's very refreshing and new ground.

They're not meant to. He has said that he wanted to implement a writing process he's not used to. By forcing himself to write, record, mix, and master two songs every month, they are independent of each other. Though I listen to VOL 1 together all the time and I think it works as an album. I think it's very refreshing and new ground.

Interesting. I'm going to do it and see if I come to the same conclusion. 

• 5 weeks later...