Shoegaze/Dream Pop Thread

Was this posted? Old Whirr singer has a new LP out and it's awesome:

http://store.theflenser.com/product/king-woman-doubt-lp-pre-order

A lot of praise for them can be found in the flenser thread. I don't hear to much of a shoegaze influence on this though. Personally I prefer their past releases over the new EP, but it's still pretty great.

Has anyone who bought pinkshinyultrablast been able to get Shelflife records to send the mp3 's using the email and code from inside the album? After 3 weeks I also emailed them at their "info@...." and no reply.

Any help appreciated!

Took about a day or two- but mp3@shelflife got back to me with the link

Has anyone who bought pinkshinyultrablast been able to get Shelflife records to send the mp3 's using the email and code from inside the album?  After 3 weeks I also emailed them at their "info@...." and no reply.

Any help appreciated!

sorry im late, but ive got them no problem. like they said, a day or so after emailing. check your junk.

Has anyone received their pinkshinyultrablast 2nd pressing yet? I was told they'd be shipped out mid february.

he just got them like the 10th so thats pretty fast turnaround.

sidenote: there is a third pressing coming soon too.

It's already up for sale. Second pressing is all gone.

http://www.shelflife.com/catalogue/LIFE118.html

Haze is such BS especially if Pirate Press is pressing it... shit comes out clear with a pinch of "said color" sprinkle. The idea is awesome but ffs Pirate Press! Pour that haze in there like you mean it!

Also mentioned up there^^ But this is probably going to be the strongest shoegaze ep released this year: http://www.stereogum.com/1729075/cheatahs-sunne-stereogum-premiere/mp3s/

Also in regards to the King WOman comment... I'd say it's definitely a shoegaze album, alot of it is written with dissonant chords and more breaks in the drums to give a darker feel, but I'd still classify it from the shoegaze tree... Her project MISERABLE has some great 90s inspired shoegaze/dream pop gems in it

Haze is such BS especially if Pirate Press is pressing it... shit comes out clear with a pinch of "said color" sprinkle. The idea is awesome but ffs Pirate Press! Pour that haze in there like you mean it!

Also mentioned up there^^ But this is probably going to be the strongest shoegaze ep released this year: http://www.stereogum.com/1729075/cheatahs-sunne-stereogum-premiere/mp3s/

Also in regards to the King WOman comment... I'd say it's definitely a shoegaze album, alot of it is written with dissonant chords and more breaks in the drums to give a darker feel, but I'd still classify it from the shoegaze tree... Her project MISERABLE has some great 90s inspired shoegaze/dream pop gems in it

95% of PP Haze variants I have received the past 2 years have enough grit on them they feel like dipped in beach sand!  I don't have a RCM, so the cleaning is meticulous to lessen the surface noise.  I go out of my way now to avoid the variant for a playing copy, but will collect them for special groups.

edit:  that nasty grit is even spilling over onto the PP Clear Vinyl as well!! WT*??  Had to wash the clear discs of ISIS represses  from RE last year: Panopticon and Oceanic.

Agreed re: Kristina's projects (KingWoman, Miserable, and Sad Girls Club). 

If you're into old school shoegaze- there are new boots of Verve's a Storm in Heaven (great album) popping up on ebay- originals go for $200ish. These are pressed onto 3 discs, and include B sides and demos. I've got one incoming- I'll let you know how it sounds.

I'm interested to know how it sounds!

So I ordered the My Red Dress 2 16 13 single on a whim based on some reviews and I was blown away... wish they had more out there, but the only other songs I can find are digital: http://myreddress.bandcamp.com/

Seriously good shoegaze... wall of guitars; soaring female vocals. My jaw dropped.

This rules. Will probably grab a copy.

If you're into old school shoegaze- there are new boots of Verve's a Storm in Heaven (great album) popping up on ebay- originals go for $200ish. These are pressed onto 3 discs, and include B sides and demos. I've got one incoming- I'll let you know how it sounds.

This album is awesome and the packaging is awesome on the boot and the color looks great. With it being spread over 3 LPs, I think it will sound decent and I think I may just jump on this now.

Still thinking about your Ringo.  :wub:

I'm surprised it sold out so quick. I don't know why they don't do a bigger run.

3xLP? For reals? Goddamn.

The Verve gets shit on so much around here for Urban Hymns. Obviously by people who have never heard this album. So good.