Shoegaze/Dream Pop Thread

I've spent so much on vinyl already this year, thinking I need to take a break for a month or so. but I'm so tempted to order the 4th pressing of that Pinkshinyultrablast album....

Sucks that only UK orders are available now. Should I pull the trig on that one?

yes :) then take a break and return on RSD and burn more money haha

Everyone, would you support this bands newest EP in helping them get to vinyl record formatting through some kind of crowd sourcing fund? They don't have a label for this release this time around. https://soundcloud.com/indoorvoicesband/sets/auratic-demos

But this EP NEEDS to be on wax, say you would support it? 

THEM ARE US TOO

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/arts/music/pressplay.html?_r=3&

Emerging quietly from the California bay area through their limited edition demos and intimate performances over the last two years, Them Are Us Too have gained a cult following within independent music circles as a young, new take on the revered “4AD sound” of dreamy goth-pop anthems.  With a nod to 80’s shoegaze sensibilities, Them Are Us Too creates songs about tragedy and loves-lost that draws devoted listeners to their nostalgic and innocent sound. Kennedy Ashlyn Wenning’s vocals have been repeatedly compared to Kate Bush, Harriet Wheeler, and Elizabeth Fraser, with a pitch-perfect octave range carrying songs gracefully between optimistic joy down to undisturbed melancholia – all within one moment of verse. Guitarist Cash Askew paints a layered and complex backdrop using signature reverberation and washes of stringed ambient tones, akin to Robin Guthrie, Ronny Moorings and Kevin Shields.

Perfectly executed songwriting with effortless simplicity and vernal drive, Them Are Us Too’s debut album, Remain, rivals the comparative magic behind the early 4AD catalog and zeitgeist of early Creation Records.  Massive, seraphic sound and heartbreaking nostalgia crafted into 8 songs of uncompromising and immaculately orchestrated beauty. At only 21 years of age for both members, Them Are Us Too mask their irrepressible youth underneath their limitless imagination and unparalleled talent, dedicating themselves fully to their uncanny musical creation.

The debut album “Remain” on Dais Records was recorded and produced by Joshua Eustis (Telefon Tel Aviv,
Nine Inch Nails, Sons of Magdalene).

http://shop.daisrecords.com/collections/frontpage/products/them-are-us-too-remain-lp

I preordered that record based on Us Now when it was streaming on Pitchfork back in February. Really excited to hear it.

Ditto. I heard the one track and got hooked. Listening to the whole stream definitely makes the album a solid outing. 

And lately Dais Records have been knocking it out of the park with their releases. 

Post-Engineering tweeted this video, Running Endlessly by "Man Is Not A Bird"  featuring oft Shoegaze - Dreampop vocalist, Lexy Morte, who seems to be finding her way into so many projects which is awesome. Love the music and her vocals are just mwahh! :wub:  Hope it fits for this thread: