Shoegaze/Dream Pop Thread

Native Sound has a new Threading CS up for pre-order.  I really liked their two previous EPs.  I know there's a thread in Cassette Collective, but I'm guessing some people would like it and never find it there.

http://thenativesound.limitedrun.com/products/556633-threading-you-are-never-enough-ep

I just assumed that the $30 tier was gonna be 180 gram after they updated the pledges to include the 180 gram pressing. With a project this small it'd be silly for them to press 2 different weights. 

It's confusing and I didn't want to take a chance. Don't need to other swag, so just chipped in some extra $ to round it up.

I just assumed that the $30 tier was gonna be 180 gram after they updated the pledges to include the 180 gram pressing. With a project this small it'd be silly for them to press 2 different weights. 

All the records are 180 gram, he sent an update saying he was going to upgrade them to 180 since the KS was doing so well.

On another note, just scored 2 copies of The Nocturnes/Aokigahara for $18 so stoked for them to arrive. I have been searching for a long time for this.

All the records are 180 gram, he sent an update saying he was going to upgrade them to 180 since the KS was doing so well.

On another note, just scored 2 copies of The Nocturnes/Aokigahara for $18 so stoked for them to arrive. I have been searching for a long time for this.

Aokigahara is the most incredible unknown album to my music-loving heart. ERR's vocals (solo and with Paris) and her guitar work are just a perfectly sublime. I have one copy from her that has never been played - it is just immaculate.

2 copies for $18 is incredible!! How did you manage that? Can only imagine a Calif. record shoppe.

If people who are Marriages fans and like Some Heavy Ocean, also like shoegaze/folkgaze/gloomgaze), will die for Aokigahara.  To me Some Heavy Ocean sounds more like the album before Aokigahara (A Year of Spring). 

Haven't seen them mentioned before but I just ordered Moonbell's self titled LP and I think some of you would like it.  It's been in my work playlist and I found myself jumping back to it a lot.  Reminds me of Ride or Slowdive a bit.

LP was $15.50PPD too, hard to beat that.

http://www.logladyrecords.com/store/#/moonbell-st-lp-12/

Aokigahara is the most incredible unknown album to my music-loving heart. ERR's vocals (solo and with Paris) and her guitar work are just a perfectly sublime. I have one copy from her that has never been played - it is just immaculate.

2 copies for $18 is incredible!! How did you manage that? Can only imagine a Calif. record shoppe.

If people who are Marriages fans and like Some Heavy Ocean, also like shoegaze/folkgaze/gloomgaze), will die for Aokigahara. To me Some Heavy Ocean sounds more like the album before Aokigahara (A Year of Spring).

An online seller just happened to have them in stock. I bought both and checked my CC account and seems i was refunded for one. I called today and they both shipped priority yesterday.

I check every morning for records in my wantlist. Still a few 'needs', that hopefully I'll find.

Everything ERR touches is gold. Saw her live last week with Marriages along with Creepoid, she has some mad guitar skills. Got Some Heavy Ocean signed by her, which is one of my favorite releases of the past 5 years. I expect to see The Nocturnes back sometime next year, call it a hunch.

An online seller just happened to have them in stock. I bought both and checked my CC account and seems i was refunded for one. I called today and they both shipped priority yesterday.

I check every morning for records in my wantlist. Still a few 'needs', that hopefully I'll find.

Everything ERR touches is gold. Saw her live last week with Marriages along with Creepoid, she has some mad guitar skills. Got Some Heavy Ocean signed by her, which is one of my favorite releases of the past 5 years. I expect to see The Nocturnes back sometime next year, call it a hunch.

Very cool. Another Nocturnes would be wildly unexpected, but welcome!

Sargent House had Red Sparowes members out to the Farm earlier this year fueling speculation a much needed new album from them may materialize sometime in the future. Wonder how much ERR would factor into any new material having been the quiet 3rd guitarist?

He's asking you to share the wealth of good bands we've managed to neglect over the last 33 pages instead of simply informing us that we're not in the know.

Well, first of all, you're skipping the multitude of monumental shoegaze/dream-pop bands that are from the future.  Obviously thebrink is from the future.

And secondly, there's all the amazing bands that have never recorded their opuses, but just jam in garages around the country.  thebrink is friends with all of them.

He's asking you to share the wealth of good bands we've managed to neglect over the last 33 pages instead of simply informing us that we're not in the know.

I can definitely do that but the underlying point is that this thread is too broad.  Bands such as Chapterhouse, Ride, Slowdive are completely different animals then those such as Beach House, Yumi Zuma, Pure Bathing Culture and others.  While I think most agree that Cocteau Twins are one of the primary influencers of both genres, in the mid-80s both genres began to evolve quite a bit.  At that time you had a number of the Creation Records bands begin to define what will become Shoegaze while they are picking up ideas from a number of US indie bands of the time (Dinosaur Jr, Sonic Youth, etc).  Dream Pop continued to evolve from the Cocteau Twins blueprint due to the likes of bands such as The Wake and those on the Sarah Records label (i.e The Field Mice). 

Skimming through this thread, you have people trying to state bands like The Album Leaf, Bon Iver, Antlers and many, many others belong in here.  And do not even get me started on the so called nu-metal esque bands people are lumping in here like Whirr. 

Well, first of all, you're skipping the multitude of monumental shoegaze/dream-pop bands that are from the future.  Obviously thebrink is from the future.

And secondly, there's all the amazing bands that have never recorded their opuses, but just jam in garages around the country.  thebrink is friends with all of them.

Who the hell is "thebrink"?  

It sounds like to is the name of one of those nu-Shoegaze bands that people are trying to lump in here.