Shoegaze/Dream Pop Thread

4AD will most likely do vinyl reissues next year (closer to the actual reunion tour). There's no sense in setting release dates since all the plants are backed up anyway.

Its 4ad. I wouldnt count on that. Not saying its not likely but they did decide to go press a "greatest hits" instead of the records. This reunion was confirmed today but they have been fielding offers for shows for a while

So I've never really listened to Lush. Where's a good place to start with them?

Split for the dreamy stuff, Lovelife for the poppy stuff (and the killer one-two punch of "Tralala" and "Last Night").

I found Split at Amoeba for $75 and grabbed it as soon as I could. Luckily nobody beat me to it, because it was a week or two. Last year I found a sealed copy of Lovelife on Discogs from $40 from a US seller. Was so psyched.

Still need to track down the older releases, but if there are reissues pending...

Will probably grab the compilation on red vinyl of any are available stateside to show my support. I notice its release date is Black Friday.

Shoot an email to Cascine (email address is on their site).

I have never had an issue with download codes not working but I can say that they are top notch folks and will bend over backwards for their customers and fans.

I ended up doing that.  They said they were having problems with the download code and just sent me a dropbox link.  Super nice people.

I really hope Lush don't play Coachella or FYF in LA. I would rather they play their own headline show instead of some truncated 30 set.

Glad I have OG vinyl presses of mostly everything. I'm just missing the 12" pressings for the Mad Love and Black Spring e.p.'s.

Agreed. If they do Coachella, there better be some LA and Pomona shows like for Ride.

According to the RSD Black Friday thread, the Lush "Best Of" set is going to be a release.

Lush - Ciao! Best Of [2LP] (Red Vinyl, indie-retail exclusive)                                                                                   4AD                 42,50€

I ended up doing that.  They said they were having problems with the download code and just sent me a dropbox link.  Super nice people.

Awesome man, glad it worked out for you!

Not sure if you are new to the label or not but they have a ton of great releases that all fit in a pretty cool overall aesthetic. The Boat Club release is likely my next favorite after the Yumi Zouma releases but the last Chad Valley is great too. Not really dream pop but definitely pop. You should give them a listen.

What is up with these UK labels and pricing? You'd think they were capitalists or something. Can't be the VAT. AUS is almost as bad.

But they know their market I reckon...

'Rip off Britain' is a phrase used a lot over here. Stuff is generally expensive, especially compared to Europe.

And with the whole ZOMGVINYL revival the labels are basically charging a fair amount...because they can.

Awesome man, glad it worked out for you!

Not sure if you are new to the label or not but they have a ton of great releases that all fit in a pretty cool overall aesthetic. The Boat Club release is likely my next favorite after the Yumi Zouma releases but the last Chad Valley is great too. Not really dream pop but definitely pop. You should give them a listen.

Thanks for the recommendations.  Digging that Boat Club album.  Now I just have to find a copy...

I wanna know as well, I'll be seeing them Friday YAY

Also who here has seen MBV live? Could you describe the holocaust section of you made me realise or is it just something I need to experience myself?

absolutely something that needs to be experienced for yourself. its unlike anything I've ever heard, seen or even felt. I was completely sober at that show and I felt high - a literal tingling, body high - for an hour afterwards. it's transcendental. you feel like a fly in front of a jet engine.