Shoegaze/Dream Pop Thread

For any who care, Flyying Colours "Mindfulness" LP is on at Norman Records now: $23 and change shipped to US vs. $32+ from Club AC30, plus I have a couple quid Norman points. One variant showing sold out at Club AC30.  

Norman's shipping is so reasonable and packaging usually quite decent from the UK; plus there a couple of other things in the distro I may get as well.

New SULK pressings at Echo Drug FYI (drops at 12PM ET today)

http://echodrugrecordings.limitedrun.com/

SECOND PRESSING 
Super Fan Exclusive Vinyl: 25 Copies 
Black Infinity Splatter Vinyl: 75 Copies 
Clear With Yellow & Red Swirl Vinyl: 150 Copies 
Clear Blue With Dark Blue Swirl Vinyl: 250 Copies 
*PREORDER (Release Date: Late November 2016)

Edited by EHughes527

9 minutes ago, Royce said:

Also those Sulk records sound like shit right? Cause of the hand poured colors? 

Not in my experience. I have a few hand poured jobs and they sound fine - as good as any other record. I got the /25 on the Sulk superfan reish and I am looking forward to partying w/it

Only hand-poured records I have are the WHIRR ones done by Graveface and they sound just fine.

Speaking of WHIRR...now that G.L.O.S.S. have hung it up and called it quits, think that WHIRR will return? Surely, everyone's essentially forgotten the controversy and moved on to the next hot topic, but I've been wondering when the band will return. If at all.

On 9/30/2016 at 10:24 AM, mappingtheyears said:

Two new Keep songs. Slight change of pace from their other EPs.

http://www.keepva.com

Thanks! I didn't see on Twitter or IG.

They are awesome tracks, already listened 5 times through. the 1st (edit to clarify per Spaceboy's post - Stumbleine cover) sounds like the new direction Wes was describing to me in June. He said that they were really working hard to try and finish up the LP soon and looking for another label vs. DIY. I got a chance to talk with him and Nick for a good while after their set in June (opened for Nothing in Richmond). The reverb drenched vocals are signature. I really dig that 2nd track - sounds like more like their EPs, a bit darker/heavier without being total doom-gloomgaze. 

Without a doubt two of the nicest guys and I hope they can realize their dream of doing this full time. The first EP was written when they were like 16 or 17, so now as juniors in college at VCU, they refer to them as 'old songs' and will do them for people on request. Live, they are super dynamic and put quite a few improvs into the songs. Looks like they finally found a committed bassist as well.

Edited by drds89