Shoegaze/Dream Pop Thread

7 hours ago, mrewest said:

Anyone know this band Blush Response?  Random Spotify find.  Both EPs are killer.  Very dreamy/poppy.  

Here’s one of the 2 EPs.  i especially like Satellite.

http://blushresponsemusic.bandcamp.com/album/dead-air

Never stumbled across him. Thanks for the rec!

Satellite was my favourite track, too.  He sounds like Flyying Colours (another Australian shoegaze bendy band) melodies meets Scott Cortez/Astrobrite jet engine noise. Nice combo. Not active since 2014?

5 hours ago, ethereal said:

*accepts late pass*

hopefully there will be a reissue in the future without glitter in the vinyl, looks rad though.

sold out pretty fast? or delays?

Yes, the US and UK Glitters sold out quickly (I got one from Stickfigure distro for $22) and before tears could hit the ground, voila! a "2nd press" was put right up. Forget how long it lasted, not very long, and then again, a "3rd press" was already in stock. My glitter sounded fine, too - another board member wanted one badly so I traded him his Psych Tiger and a first round draft pick for my Glitter copy.  

1 hour ago, drds89 said:

Never stumbled across him. Thanks for the rec!

Satellite was my favourite track, too.  He sounds like Flyying Colours (another Australian shoegaze bendy band) melodies meets Scott Cortez/Astrobrite jet engine noise. Nice combo. Not active since 2014?

Looks like there’s some new stuff coming this year.  New track is on Spotify (Still Life).

8 hours ago, mrewest said:

Anyone know this band Blush Response?  Random Spotify find.  Both EPs are killer.  Very dreamy/poppy.  

Here’s one of the 2 EPs.  i especially like Satellite.

http://blushresponsemusic.bandcamp.com/album/dead-air

I thought this was quite good, thanks for sharing!

On 3/19/2018 at 7:34 PM, ethereal said:

not sure if this has been posted but

Kraus - Path vinyl now available

https://willkraus.bandcamp.com/album/path

amazing album for those that haven’t heard it yet.

This is a great recommendation @ethereal Had not heard his music before.

2 to 3 min tracks, all are different except the one (mostly) constant of his reverb-drenched breathy vocals, sometimes up front and sometimes buried. Some wall of noise like Astrobrite, some quiet (like the opener and then be ready for the 2nd track), some with guitar melodies that lead the song, some upbeat, some kind of downer like HANL, and some with a mixture of all the above. If you like noisegaze, I think you'll dig what this guy is experimenting with. 12 tracks definitely worth the time!

4 hours ago, drds89 said:

This is a great recommendation @ethereal Had not heard his music before.

2 to 3 min tracks, all are different except the one (mostly) constant of his reverb-drenched breathy vocals, sometimes up front and sometimes buried. Some wall of noise like Astrobrite, some quiet (like the opener and then be ready for the 2nd track), some with guitar melodies that lead the song, some upbeat, some kind of downer like HANL, and some with a mixture of all the above. If you like noisegaze, I think you'll dig what this guy is experimenting with. 12 tracks definitely worth the time!

great review, I’m glad you are enjoying it as much as I am :)

• 2 weeks later...

For the 2 or 3 other fans (who also got the email), 93mmfts has a new EP up. The lads from Doncaster, UK can inexplicably put me into a trance on those droning tracks where they go postrock long- like Sigur Ros ( ) era - with fuzzed out guitars that leave my ears ringing. 

Their covers of Ride and Slowdive are name your price and worth checking out. Ironically, the release that was supposed to be pressed last year is about the only thing I'm least interested in on vinyl (The Lonely Sea & Sky), but maybe I need to give it 10 more listens.

New Fuzz EP

Survey / warning - for USA folks that order Air Formation's Near Miss LP from amazon.uk - did your album arrived in an amazon plastic envelope only? No bubble wrap, no cardboard, nothing. This was a first for me. The album is not sealed from Club AC30. I can't believe the vinyl survived, and jacket isn't beat to a pulp. The price was great, even in this shape, but the sick feeling picking it up off the front porch...you know what I mean :/ But back to the music, yes!

edit: i posted pics of the vinyl on IG, not a clear but gray marble with orange and red streaks

Album is on repeat...

Edited by drds89

15 hours ago, drds89 said:

Survey / warning - for USA folks that order Air Formation's Near Miss LP from amazon.uk - did your album arrived in an amazon plastic envelope only? No bubble wrap, no cardboard, nothing. This was a first for me. The album is not sealed from Club AC30. I can't believe the vinyl survived, and jacket isn't beat to a pulp. The price was great, even in this shape, but the sick feeling picking it up off the front porch...you know what I mean :/ But back to the music, yes!

Not as bad as yours, but mine arrived in the shoddiest excuse for a vinyl mailer I have yet to see. It was basically two layers of cardboard barely taped together. I could see the spine on all sides.  Seemed to have been packaged well by the label but whichever Amazon distro facility these landed in seem to have had issues with mailer stock levels.

Love the heavyweight vinyl & the colour pattern. Gonna listen to it later today.

Going to hop on that Air Formation today.  High praise from Don over on IG!

EDIT:   Don you’re dead on about “Clouds of Orion”.  That could have gone on another 10 min & I’d be happy.

That Blush Response band I posted released their first full album last week.  I really dig it, especially the opener & title track.  Vinyl is $38 shipped from AUS to US & there is no benefit to a group buy, so I’m out for that, but def worth streaming!

http://blushresponsemusic.bandcamp.com/album/hearts-grow-dull

Edited by mrewest

• 2 weeks later...

What's going on, I play in a band called Darklands, that definitely fits into that whole shoegaze played by punks mold. Our LP just went up on Atomic Action Records, if you want check it out and order an LP. We're on Spotify and all that jazz for our older stuff, but here's a link to our soundcloud with the new LP

And the link to order:  www.atomicactionrecords.bigcartel.com

Edited by jeffnovak

Wrong Way Records (try saying that fast 3 times) ;) is having a 50% off sale. I mention it here because one of my top 5 favorites of 2016, the split by Presents For Sally and 93mmfts is still available on the pink/yellow "fruit salad" vinyl. The LP is $9.95 and shipping $11.87 to the US, so less than $22 ppd for 8 tracks. Give it a listen!

edit: the Barracuda filter is blocking me at work, but their stuff is for sale on the WWR bandcamp site

Edited by drds89

44 minutes ago, drds89 said:

Wrong Way Records (try saying that fast 3 times) ;) is having a 50% off sale. I mention it here because one of my top 5 favorites of 2016, the split by Presents For Sally and 93mmfts is still available on the pink/yellow "fruit salad" vinyl. The LP is $9.95 and shipping $11.87 to the US, so less than $22 ppd for 8 tracks. Give it a listen!

edit: the Barracuda filter is blocking me at work, but their stuff is for sale on the WWR bandcamp site

Any other stuff from the label you could recommend? Are you familiar with it?

On 4/19/2018 at 11:32 AM, mesi said:

Any other stuff from the label you could recommend? Are you familiar with it?

Dead gurus is in the shoegaze/noise realm and is the singer from magic castles. 

Rancho relaxo is a cross between jamc and bjm

Muertos ep is like a garage version of black angels

Junkyard liberty is what a acid infused child of Stevie Nicks and Neil Young would do

Edited by youspinmeround

20 hours ago, youspinmeround said:

Dead gurus is in the shoegaze/noise realm and is the singer from magic castles. 

Rancho relaxo is a cross between jam and bjm

Muertos ep is like a garage version of black angels

Junkyard liberty is what a acid infused child of Stevie Nicks and Neil Young would do

Dang, there ya go. Weekend queued up here :)

If anyone is interested, I have been trying to unload some more recent shoegaze records. Pm me

Black Lamps- st

Blind Mr. Jones- Stereo Musical Retrospective

Cheatahs- Mythologies

Curve- Blindfold

Curve- Cherry

Curve- Frozen

Flyying Colours- Mindfullness(white/blue)

Lsd and Search For God- Heaven Is a Place

Lush- Blind Spot

Marriages- Kitsune(orange)

Muertos- Ep(splatter)

No Sun- If Only(pink)

Turnip King- Laikia(red)

Tv Ghost- Disconnect(yellow)

Weekend- Jinx(Yellow splatter)

Edited by youspinmeround

First single off of SHUN's debut EP titled "Nothing Quite As Heavy", out May 11 digitally and on tape (/100) from Koepfen Records (Berlin). I sing and play bass in this band. Thank you for listening.

(edit: sorry for the big frame, the auto-embed didn't let me reduce the size of the player)

Edited by poweredbytrust

pinkshinyultrablast - Miserabe Miracles is now streaming here:

http://drownedinsound.com/in_depth/4151767-pinkshinyultrablasts-track-by-track-guide-to-miserable-miracles

also it looks like there is a retail variant for this now as well, pink/white merge. not sure what the pressing numbers are though 

On 5/2/2018 at 3:32 PM, ethereal said:

pinkshinyultrablast - Miserabe Miracles is now streaming here:

http://drownedinsound.com/in_depth/4151767-pinkshinyultrablasts-track-by-track-guide-to-miserable-miracles

also it looks like there is a retail variant for this now as well, pink/white merge. not sure what the pressing numbers are though 

although they’ve moved almost completely away from their shoegaze sound, this album is still really fun and enjoyable.

anyone get shipping conf’s for the vinyl yet?