Shoegaze/Dream Pop Thread

On 5/4/2018 at 2:51 PM, jrodan said:

mine has not shipped from US rough trade yet.

Same.

I saved the email with my order number, since it doesn't show up in My Accounts on the site. Shot them an email, and they did respond a couple of times saying that they have the order #, but no clue why not showing up in my account. 

On 5/4/2018 at 4:41 PM, youspinmeround said:

Still trying to decide thoughts on this album

I love her voice. But I would not have bought it without the positive experiences from EEM and Grandfeathered. I'm sure I'll spin it, and my wife will totally be thrown for a loop since it is neither weird (postrock, Sigur Ros)  loud/noisey (postmetal, shoegaze) ;)

On 5/6/2018 at 12:35 AM, drds89 said:

Same.

I saved the email with my order number, since it doesn't show up in My Accounts on the site. Shot them an email, and they did respond a couple of times saying that they have the order #, but no clue why not showing up in my account. 

I love her voice. But I would not have bought it without the positive experiences from EEM and Grandfeathered. I'm sure I'll spin it, and my wife will totally be thrown for a loop since it is neither weird (postrock, Sigur Ros)  loud/noisey (postmetal, shoegaze) ;)

Spinning my blue/yellow copy now. I was worried it would sound noisy, but the vinyl is practically flawless. I like the album a lot, it's gorgeous really, though it loses steam a bit. I don't mind the stylistic change so much, but I think it would have been smart to keep at least some bursts of heaviness to punctuate parts here and there.

47 minutes ago, bjorn said:

Spinning my blue/yellow copy now. I was worried it would sound noisy, but the vinyl is practically flawless. I like the album a lot, it's gorgeous really, though it loses steam a bit. I don't mind the stylistic change so much, but I think it would have been smart to keep at least some bursts of heaviness to punctuate parts here and there.

Going to spin my RT copy this evening in advance of seeing them play this Friday

To: drds89@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Re: Hi, I wanted to check on the status of an order (have the confirmat...
Date: May 8, 2018 10:57 AM

Hi Don, 

Apologies for the delay, I've been on vacation. We do have the order in the system, there's just a slight delay in shipping out as we're waiting for this record to arrive from the UK. 

Thanks and best, 
Jill 

--

Jill from Rough Trade

Powered by Intercom

33 minutes ago, drds89 said:
To: drds89@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Re: Hi, I wanted to check on the status of an order (have the confirmat...
Date: May 8, 2018 10:57 AM

Hi Don, 

Apologies for the delay, I've been on vacation. We do have the order in the system, there's just a slight delay in shipping out as we're waiting for this record to arrive from the UK. 

Thanks and best, 
Jill 

--

Jill from Rough Trade

Powered by Intercom

I emailed them too and they were pretty worthless as well. just a generic “still waiting on them” email without any mention of ETA. might as well just be an automated response..

Edited by ethereal

6 minutes ago, jrodan said:

what are they supposed to say? they haven't received the press from the UK yet.  have some patience.

you work for RT or something?

that would be understandable if they weren’t selling and distributing copies at their other locations. they can at least give an ETA, especially with no update on the release date as it was. customers shouldn’t have to be hounding down their vinyl they paid for months ago. the US shop is just lazy and doesn’t care.

• 5 weeks later...

that first Film School single "Crushing" blew me away. Stoked to hear the full record soon!

Also, a few pages back I posted my band's new video single. Well, now the whole 4-track EP is out and one of Germany's most important music magazines, VISIONS, has picked it as their "demo of the month" in the current print issue. So, as apparently it isn't utter shit, I thought you folks might be interested in checking it out as well. Fun Fact: We were even featured in the same DKFM episode as Film School where I learned about their single!

I still for the heck of me can't figure out how to embed the BC player here. I'll try and if it fails, I'll just leave the link here in hopes that someone clicks on it!

Shun - Nothing Quite As Heavy on bandcamp

shun-nothingquiteashe2vrnc.jpg

Edited by poweredbytrust

On 6/8/2018 at 12:39 PM, poweredbytrust said:

that first Film School single "Crushing" blew me away. Stoked to hear the full record soon!

Also, a few pages back I posted my band's new video single. Well, now the whole 4-track EP is out and one of Germany's most important music magazines, VISIONS, has picked it as their "demo of the month" in the current print issue. So, as apparently it isn't utter shit, I thought you folks might be interested in checking it out as well. Fun Fact: We were even featured in the same DKFM episode as Film School where I learned about their single!

I still for the heck of me can't figure out how to embed the BC player here. I'll try and if it fails, I'll just leave the link here in hopes that someone clicks on it!

Shun - Nothing Quite As Heavy on bandcamp

This is good! Thanks for sharing.

Anyone check this record from Seirom out?

https://burningworldrecords.bandcamp.com/album/and-the-light-swallowed-everything

He comes more from the metal side of things where it's not really picked up. It's more dream than pop I guess but a few of you might like it over here. It's dreamy, romantic, shoegazy as far as I am concerned.