Shoegaze/Dream Pop Thread

2 hours ago, poweredbytrust said:

some fantastic new stuff from Germany. 

Really enjoyed this. Love the design, as well.

1 hour ago, drds89 said:

really liked this, guitars remind me a  lot of Alison's Halo. Ordered

Agreed. I also pre-ordered based off of that first song. Looking forward to hearing more.

Also, I forgot to post about The Daysleepers new one (I love it):

https://thedaysleepers.bandcamp.com/album/creation

On 8/19/2018 at 7:04 PM, drds89 said:

@deafening turned me onto HOLY FAWN who just announced a full length, and my hopes are really high for this.  I do not see vinyl plans, but imma spring for a CD since it's /25 (ooooh) Check out the single Arrows .... and their earlier material as well.

HOLY FAWN - Death Spells

This was released today and I have to say I’m quite enjoying it.  Who else checked it out?

On 9/9/2018 at 3:09 PM, poweredbytrust said:

some fantastic new stuff from Germany. 

7" is limited to 200 copies and comes with handmade artwork, handstamped fonts and die-cut covers.

see the label page for info on how to pre-order: Kleine Untergrund Schallplatten

They got one of these bad boys available on their Discogs right now. I snagged my copy from there. https://www.discogs.com/seller/KUS-2015/profile

According to their Facebook they have about 70 still available as of 4 hours ago:

Spoiler

7 hours ago, Derek™ said:

This was released today and I have to say I’m quite enjoying it.  Who else checked it out?

Heck yeah, this clocks in just under one hour and I'm already 3 listens in!!

It's sort of a convergence of postrock and shoegaze. If you have the postrock, experimental, prog background with patience for 7+ minute tracks, it's a great place to hear different subtypes of shoegaze.

First half is weight towards more heavy, dark  gloomgaze like KEEP (which I would have preferred for the whole album - def would be AOTY), and the second half a bit on the lighter side with occasional heavy moments. Track 7 is like Bilinda Butchers doing The Appleseed Cast LLO era before ramping up the finish.

Such a great album...thanks again @deafening Xo

Edited by drds89

6 minutes ago, drds89 said:

Heck yeah, this clocks in just under one hour and I'm already 3 listens in!!

It's sort of a convergence of postrock and shoegaze. If you have the postrock, experimental, prog background with patience for 7+ minute tracks, it's a great place to hear different subtypes of shoegaze.

First half is weight towards more heavy, dark  gloomgaze like KEEP (which I would have preferred for the whole album - def would be AOTY), and the second half a bit on the lighter side with occasional heavy moments. Track 7 is like Bilinda Butchers doing The Appleseed Cast LLO era before ramping up the finish.

Such a great album...thanks again @deafening Xo

This is one of the best things I've heard this year. Love it!

On 9/14/2018 at 1:33 PM, Derek™ said:

wow thanks for this bump. after spending much of the weekend replaying this album, its definitely going to be in my top 10, probably top 5 by year end. Pretty sure the last track is my favorite too:

4 hours ago, armadillo01 said:

Lacing > HOLY FAWN IMO but it's close. Really loved that German dream pop song too.

Has Lacing done anything this year?

I follow them (him) on IG and his goatsgoatsgoats acct - does a great weekly write up on shoegaze bands, many times small, obscure 90's stuff. Got a tye-dye shirt that has to the loudest shirt I've ever owned. I keeping missing out their /10 vinyl presses of Bummer, they go pretty fast.

If we're talking friends, I'd say Kindling > Chad Peck (Kestrels, We Need Secrets) = Lacing. Kindling is just knocking everything out the park they release.

On 9/21/2018 at 9:38 AM, Mars said:

Since I missed this PO thread: 

Many of you will like this. Reminds me of early Whirr.

Thanks for posting here! The 2 new tracks sound dreamier, but I'm not worrying, her voice is just butter. 

I have a couple extra of EP's "Ease" on the way (white vinyl for those who have bad luck - be forewarned, I've been fortunate) which cut the shipping costs, so if you're interested PM me. Will prob be about $23-24ppd to USA from me. 2 extras.

11 hours ago, shamrocks said:

This is so good. My seal of approval, its an exhausting listen!

Just here to co-sign on on this album. God damn it's impressive and I'm only a few tracks in. So much shoegaze sounds homogenous and generic these days to the point where i'd rather just go back in time and listen to mbv or hum or something, but this is an exciting sound.

Edited by holyvacantsholyhell

12 hours ago, drds89 said:

Thanks for posting here! The 2 new tracks sound dreamier, but I'm not worrying, her voice is just butter. 

I have a couple extra of EP's "Ease" on the way (white vinyl for those who have bad luck - be forewarned, I've been fortunate) which cut the shipping costs, so if you're interested PM me. Will prob be about $23-24ppd to USA from me. 2 extras.

The ease ep is so good, bit more aggressive than Aurora, but that album is just so so so so so good.