Shoegaze/Dream Pop Thread

I know that we're all creaming our pants over the new Holy Fawn, but you guys ***HAVE*** to listen to this:

"Sediment" by A River Crossing, from Switzlerland

https://arivercrossing.bandcamp.com/

My favorite tracks are "Sailor" and "Useless & Deceptive".  I don't want to give any descriptors to potentially turn anybody off, but this band fucking rules.  The vocal melodies on those two tracks especially always get me, and musically there is a lot of post-rock influence in the instrumentation.  I can't get enough of this album.  @mrewest, @ethereal, @drds89 I think this is right up your alley.

The band has given me a significant discount on a group-buy of their vinyl (180g black in gatefold) and I can get it to you for $30ppd ($15 savings), I just need two more people! 

8 minutes ago, ganaar7575 said:

@Gumbo72203I might be interested in that group buy.  I just need a day to mull it over.

Also...I reaced out to Whelmed Records and they replied mentioning that a vinyl release of the Holy Fawn album is in discussion.  Hoping it gets the proper treatment.

OMG I hope that Holy Fawn album gets a vinyl pressing. Keep us posted

17 minutes ago, ganaar7575 said:

@Gumbo72203I might be interested in that group buy.  I just need a day to mull it over.

Also...I reaced out to Whelmed Records and they replied mentioning that a vinyl release of the Holy Fawn album is in discussion.  Hoping it gets the proper treatment.

Did you inquire recently?  I hit them up a few weeks ago and they mentioned that there were no plans for a vinyl release at this time.

2 hours ago, ganaar7575 said:

Let me know man!

I'm still waiting on my CD copies of the two Holy Fawn albums.  Vinyl would be incredible. 

1 hour ago, Mars said:

Not bad, but it wasn't worth stopping Holy Fawn for. ;)

Ehh...  sometimes you need to go for a lighter shade after so much heavy darkness :D

On 9/28/2018 at 8:11 AM, Derek™ said:

Did you inquire recently?  I hit them up a few weeks ago and they mentioned that there were no plans for a vinyl release at this time.

I got this response on September 21st:

"Vinyl is definitely in the conversation & we’ll be posting an update about it once we get more information =)"

Checked out this Holy Fawn everyone was talking about and it's pretty good, very interesting tones interspersed with some typical shoegaze/post-rock meets black metal moments. The biggest difference is the singing is actually singing and sounds really good with the occasional screaming vocals. After one listen I would probably buy this on vinyl

On 9/28/2018 at 10:54 AM, ganaar7575 said:

Hey dude, have you decided on A River Crossing?  If you're in, we'll be good to go!

Can't remember if any other Alison's Halo fans here - beautiful noise band from the 90's out of Phoenix. "Eyedazzler" (plus Dozen/Calendar) was pressed for the first time on vinyl last year -- a definite highlight of 2017 for me.

They have a Kickstarter for a 5 track CDEP - old, unfinished material from the mid 90's. Wish they would just put the analog on a SS 12" or a 10", but they are going to digitize it while trying to keep it sounding like the OG. They will be tracking Catherine's vocals and some guitar.

Alison's Halo: Skywide Kickstarter

The idea for the Alison's Halo "Skywide" CDEP came together after discovering five unreleased Eyedazzler-era tracks on some old 4- and 8-track cassette masters in our recording archives. All of the basic drum, bass, and guitar tracks on these five songs were recorded during the tail end of the "Eyedazzler" sessions in 1996-1997, but never made it onto the original Burnt Hair release due to deadlines, space considerations on the CD, sonic differences, the lack of lyrics, guitar ideas, or - most likely - complete and utter exhaustion. While the bulk of the guitars, bass, and drums were committed to tape back in the day, we still need to record ALL new vocals, add additional guitar riffs, and - as always - track some blazing, mind-melding duelling leads. Many of the melodies and lyrics will be brand new since we never hammered some of them out back then. Followers of the band will be thrilled to hear an unreleased 1996 version of "Dozen" that was slated to appear on the original "Eyedazzler" release, but never quite fit the flow and running order. The bulk of the mixing is done and the songs sound absolutely massive so far.

Most of our recorded output as Alison's Halo has been confined to the inherent limitations of 2-, 4-, or 8-track analog cassette portastudios and crappy Radio Shack microphones, so the additional freedom and flexibility of being able to record and mix in the digital realm with slightly better gear is going to be amazing and should give fans a glimpse into what the band was always capable of. One of the things we are most excited about is the ability to record more than just one or two tracks of vocals and backups - something we always missed being able to pull off on the older analog recordings. Even with all this extra fancy technology, we are being extra mindful not to strip away or destroy the original charm and spirit of the songs that we committed to tape so long ago. The last thing we want to do is get all George Lucas on this CDEP and mess it up.

We are beyond excited to get this music out and into your ears.

Stay noisy.

Alison's Halo

The Tears Run Rings 'Always, Sometimes, Seldom, Never' LP (first time on vinyl) and the 'Somewhere' 10" (4 new songs) are starting to ship if anyone is interested!
http://deepspacerecordings.com/store/ 

They're also playing their first 2 shows in 10 years:

Oct 20 @ Turn Turn Turn  in Portland, OR

Nov 10 @ Kalamashoegazer in Kalamazoo, MI

Also, LSD and the Search for God are about to hit some East Coast dates:
Oct 11 Philly Kung Fu Necktie
Oct 12 Lancaster Chameleon Club
Oct 13 Raleigh Kings
Oct 14 Asheville RADfest
Oct 15 Louisville Zanzabar
Oct 16 Indy Square Cat Vinyl
Oct 17 Cleveland Mahall's
Oct 18 BKLYN Saint Vitus

Edited by gridsector

8 minutes ago, gridsector said:

The Tears Run Rings 'Always, Sometimes, Seldom, Never' LP (first time on vinyl) and the 'Somewhere' 10" (4 new songs) are starting to ship if anyone is interested!
http://deepspacerecordings.com/store/ 

They're also playing their first 2 shows in 10 years:

Oct 20 @ Turn Turn Turn  in Portland, OR

Nov 10 @ Kalamashoegazer in Kalamazoo, MI

Also, LSD and the Search for God are about to hit some East Coast dates:
Oct 11 Philly Kung Fu Necktie
Oct 12 Lancaster Chameleon Club
Oct 13 Raleigh Kings
Oct 14 Asheville RADfest
Oct 15 Louisville Zanzabar
Oct 16 Indy Square Cat Vinyl
Oct 17 Cleveland Mahall's
Oct 18 BKLYN Saint Vitus

any pressing variant on this?

New Manon Meurt album (MMXVIII) dropped today.  Seems to be on Spotify but not Bandcamp.  Making my 2nd pass through right now.  It’s pretty fantastic.  No immediate epic standouts like their first had (Until You Can, Blue Bird) but the whole album start to finish flows beautifully.  Songs are mostly slower paced & more melancholic but Neon is a perfect “upbeat” banger to break up the album.  The vocals are cleaner this time around as well.  Not as blended into the instrumentation as most shoegaze. But damn her voice is beautiful.  I think this will take a few listens to really reveal all the layers & start to click, but I’m already enjoying it thoroughly.