Shoegaze/Dream Pop Thread

56 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

No news on album details of even a proper 2019 release, but it feels inevitable to me.  Would love to see a PO thread pop up soon but I’ll post one if I spy the details first.  Sounds like [PIAS] will be their label of choice again.

album coming this fall ,confirmed by Bert

On 7/2/2014 at 8:07 AM, Liimpan said:

I love rainy day records;

The Album Leaf - In A Safe Place
American Football - American Football (some might say it's not rainy day but I think so)
The Antlers - Hospice
The Antlers - In The Attic Of The Universe
The Antlers - Palace
Empire! Empire! (I Was A Lonely Estate) - On Time Spent Waiting
Keaton Henson - Birthdays
Keaton Henson - Dear
Portishead - Dummy
Red House Painters - Down Colorful Hill

Those are my favorites 🙂

Check out Cheval Sombre. Really good sleep, rainy day tunes.

1 hour ago, Marco Gonzalez said:

Check out Cheval Sombre. Really good sleep, rainy day tunes.

Just a heads up, this person posted what you're responding to in 2014, and hasn't been on the site since October 2017.

Edited by MachoHommeRandallSauvage

New track from Silence in the Snow - Cyn M,  Trevor DeSchryver (Wolves In The Throne Room, Lycus, Dispirit, ex-Deafheaven), Nick Bassett (Deafheaven, Whirr, Nothing).

"Their dark rock and post-punk influences seep into a melancholy dream, echoing with color and vibrancy while leaving the listener adrift in a trance. Silence In The Snow's 2016 debut album "Break In The Skin", comprised an intentionally minimalistic palette to produce a simple, yet emotionally substantial sound. The album was praised by journalists and fans, earning rave reviews in outlets such a Cvlt Nation and Heathen Harvest. In early 2017, Silence In The Snow's sound dramatically evolved with the inclusion of live drums, shifting towards complex and intricate melodies."

https://silenceinthesnow.bandcamp.com/track/crystal-spear

Really interesting mix of gaze/postpunk and ethereal. Not sold enough to pre-order just yet (but for those for whould like to) but I'm gonna keep on eye on this group and album. Really liking the singles.

Edited by JRHews

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, JRHews said:

Citrus is pretty readily available for cheap (15) on discogs. There was a RSD release back in 2017. 

I’ve been on the look for years, but it’s always around $30-$45 shipped to the US, as much in the US, for any of the three pressings.

Shouldn’t bought the Friendly Fire pressing when I had the chance.

2 minutes ago, MyEnemy said:

I’ve been on the look for years, but it’s always around $30-$45 shipped to the US, as much in the US, for any of the three pressings.

Shouldn’t bought the Friendly Fire pressing when I had the chance.

Ah yea didn't see most were euro's. Well this press might be an indication we could get one soon for Citrus as well.

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, whoa said:

Was trying to find this thread the other day as was checking out Molly and wasn't sure if it was posted here or not. https://wearemolly.bandcamp.com/album/all-that-ever-could-have-been

It's that long winded, chill and nice Icelandic dream pop vibe if you need a fix of that.

Its a brilliant album!