Shoegaze/Dream Pop Thread

For anyone who knew & was/is into Center of the Sun and MTHR, vocalist Ally Hoffman has been doing a new project, 4444.  They’re more in the indie pop vein & pretty awesome. Their first proper track is up now. 

They also have a killer cover of JAMC’s “Just Like Honey”.

Hi all. I posted this in the post-rock thread yesterday so I hope I am not spamming if I post it here too.

We are Maridel, two guitarists with lots of pedals in Oakland. This is our demo. Hope ya dig it.

I used to post on VLV ages ago (sorry!) but I decided to hop on over to VC so be gentle!

23 hours ago, maridel_sounds said:

Hi all. I posted this in the post-rock thread yesterday so I hope I am not spamming if I post it here too.

We are Maridel, two guitarists with lots of pedals in Oakland. This is our demo. Hope ya dig it.

I used to post on VLV ages ago (sorry!) but I decided to hop on over to VC so be gentle!

I'm gonna tell you up front that if all you do here is post links to your band, people will not like you. 

Contribute to discussion, and you'll be fine.  But so far, you've only posted about your band :)  

On 9/7/2019 at 11:58 PM, jhulud said:

For anyone who knew & was/is into Center of the Sun and MTHR, vocalist Ally Hoffman has been doing a new project, 4444.  They’re more in the indie pop vein & pretty awesome. Their first proper track is up now. 

They also have a killer cover of JAMC’s “Just Like Honey”.

Used to follow her on IG don't know what happened, thanks for posting Juan!

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/7/2019 at 5:22 PM, drds89 said:

Rev Rev Rev: Kykeon at Fuzz Club

I've exercised great restraint in not emptying the kids college fund into Fuzz Club vinyl over the years

Got mine today. Great album. I own about 95 percent of the studio albums put out by the label and have made both trips to the eindhoven fest from the us, so they certainly will keep taking my money 

47 minutes ago, N8TRU said:

No vinyl planned for the 4 Hundredth singles we've seen this year but this song is way too good to not share. I'm hoping they'll do a tape release like they did with Ultrarare.

Ohhh I really enjoy this. I’ve tried to get into their earlier stuff but it never stuck for me. If the previous album sounds like this, I may have to look into it!

12 hours ago, youspinmeround said:

Got mine today. Great album. I own about 95 percent of the studio albums put out by the label and have made both trips to the eindhoven fest from the us, so they certainly will keep taking my money 

Got mine today too, can't wait to sink into this one!

On 9/28/2019 at 12:51 AM, Han Solo said:

Ohhh I really enjoy this. I’ve tried to get into their earlier stuff but it never stuck for me. If the previous album sounds like this, I may have to look into it!

listen to everything released from Rare and on. Nothing before that sounds anything like this.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/11/2019 at 2:26 PM, ganaar7575 said:

Fleeting Joys new album PO - http://fleetingjoys1.bandcamp.com/album/speeding-away-to-someday?from=fanpub_fnb_merch

Limited to 300 copies..essential..don't wait!

I'm slow on this thread, glad they still have copies left. I ordered one after listening to the 4 tracks available and also echoing a repress of Despondent Transponder is needed, thanks for the heads up 

Edited by NapalmBrain