Shoegaze/Dream Pop Thread

Wow kinda bummed I insta-bought the regular edition. That die-hard Moe album cover is fire.

In any case, got a shipping notification and tracking a few hours ago. Gotta love upstart indie labels who roll up their sleeves and ship records out with the quickness. So far, Elder Magick can do no wrong.

On 11/8/2019 at 2:09 PM, jrodan said:

this is possible AOTY type shit. don't sleep.

You weren’t joking.  Been dragging my feet on checking it out but was pretty damn impressed.  Aside from maybe cutting back on that 15 minute looped track, I have no idea how they’d fit the album on a single LP.  But for $18 and change, I’m willing to find out.

1 hour ago, Derek™ said:

You weren’t joking.  Been dragging my feet on checking it out but was pretty damn impressed.  Aside from maybe cutting back on that 15 minute looped track, I have no idea how they’d fit the album on a single LP.  But for $18 and change, I’m willing to find out.

Final track after the loop is a non-vinyl bonus track. The loop track is on a locked groove. Album fucking owns. 

Kestrels posted the last 10 copies of the gold/purple variant of their last record and put them up on bandcamp - https://kestrels.bandcamp.com/album/kestrels-2

Fans of crossing Dino Jr w/ MBV take note, these guys are amaaaaaaaaaaaaaaazing.  They have a sweet split w/ Kindling up there too.  They're trying to raise some extra cash before putting out their new record (which I've heard and it is GREAT, J. Mascis himself guests on a track).  Cannot recommend this enough.

Also for any We Need Secrets fans, this is Chad's main band.

On 11/10/2019 at 4:54 AM, bjorn said:

I have a feeling some of you might dig this: https://wearetimelost.bandcamp.com/album/dont-remember-me-for-this

On the grungier side which I think is cool.

spacer.png

Posted this on the last page 😉 lol.  But yes it’s pretty great!  Gotta grab the record still.

Question for anyone who purchased the new Tennis System album from Graveface's bandcamp site.  Is the "colored" vinyl version they are advertising the same thing as the clear with red/blue/pink variant?  Is that the only variant besides the handpours out there?   There is a 3rd vinyl listing on Discogs that doesn't provide any variant info but I think it might be an error.

49 minutes ago, BrainGilliams said:

Question for anyone who purchased the new Tennis System album from Graveface's bandcamp site.  Is the "colored" vinyl version they are advertising the same thing as the clear with red/blue/pink variant?  Is that the only variant besides the handpours out there?   There is a 3rd vinyl listing on Discogs that doesn't provide any variant info but I think it might be an error.

I bought it from my local store and it was the clear splatter, I'm guessing that's the standard variant 

1 hour ago, BrainGilliams said:

There’s definitely only one colored variant so far – that’s just your usual Discogs listing confusion, commonplace with new releases. I spied your exact listing in question a few days before the more descriptive listing was added.  They should be merged, ideally.

On 11/5/2019 at 9:07 AM, Mars said:

....Pumped for that - and just a week before that Ringo Deathstarr is playing (with Blushing).

So - this happened last night. My ears are still recovering, they've got that muffled, detached feeling today.

Excellent show! I'm not sure if Blushing has been mentioned here before, but if not check them out:

https://weareblushing.bandcamp.com/album/blushing

Ringo DS mentioned that they just got the masters for their new album, and they played a few new songs.

2 hours ago, Mars said:

So - this happened last night. My ears are still recovering, they've got that muffled, detached feeling today.

Excellent show! I'm not sure if Blushing has been mentioned here before, but if not check them out:

https://weareblushing.bandcamp.com/album/blushing

Ringo DS mentioned that they just got the masters for their new album, and they played a few new songs.

Get some earplugs homie! Safety first.

On a serious note... Etymotic earplugs from Amazon ($13) have been with me through every show/loud work environment scenario since I got them years ago.  Got me through 3 Sunn O))) shows with ease. Highly recommend everyone invest in a pair. Forget the orange foam crap. These bring the noise down to a very tolerable level without blocking out much detail. 

Edited by phantasmatt

1 hour ago, phantasmatt said:

On a serious note... Etymotic earplugs  earplugs from Amazon ($13) have been with me through every show/loud work environment scenario since I got them years ago.  Got me through 3 Sunn O))) shows with ease. Highly recommend everyone invest in a pair. Forget the orange foam crap. These bring the noise down to a very tolerable level without blocking out much detail. 

I've been using Etymotic earplugs for about 10 years and have been very happy with them.  Second this recommendation.  They also survive trips through the washing machine quite well!

18 hours ago, phantasmatt said:

On a serious note... Etymotic earplugs from Amazon ($13)

16 hours ago, jonrawks said:

I've been using Etymotic earplugs for about 10 years and have been very happy with them.  Second this recommendation.  They also survive trips through the washing machine quite well!

16 hours ago, dantheriver said:

Hey! Those are the same ones I use. Welcome to Earplugs Collective.

okay, ok, I hear you already :)
maybe I'll order a pair before the Nothing show next week. $13 is do-able.

Finally got my copy of Blankenberge "More" on vinyl.  Holy mother fuck, this pressing is awesome.  The sound is fantastic.  Nice and LOUD mastering!!!  Love it. 

If you haven't picked this up yet, the band is making a 2nd pressing and should be out eventually.  I'm not sure it's better than Radiogaze, but the production is clearer without sacrificing that suffocating flying-in-the-clouds feeling they do so magnificently. 

Check it out if you haven't yet:  https://blankenberge.bandcamp.com/album/more