Shoegaze/Dream Pop Thread

1 hour ago, jrodan said:

Nasally is correct. Not whiny. My bad. Again, maybe it will start clicking with me but the nasal vocals were just hard to deal with. 

At first I heard nasal, then it was more like hits of Helium that affects his voice for a while then wears off. Or, maybe Helium and pinching his nose, strange.

A lifetime of off key MW emo dudes sets you up to not be turned off by bad vocals I guess. Shit’s tight.

EDIT:

just read the Ian Cohen p4k review and it’s pretty good. He really does GET why the two different vocal styles work and vocalized it in a way that I wouldn’t have. 
All I know is my first play though i was for sure thinking to myself “wait who TF is this guy?” when nasaly dude jumps in after digging the first vocalist (that second song slaps btw). But when he comes back in on You’re Gonna Hate it all makes sense.

Edited by dantheriver

13 hours ago, Sh100by said:

That sounds more like a hearing problem hahaha helium voice is such an extreme instance of hyperbole otherwise.

Hearing's just fine jajaja! "extreme...hyperbole" is  redundant, but I'll take it. VC = hyperbole. Dude should just go Jonsi. Yes, I love Jonsi. ;smooch:

Edited by drds89
emoticon to cancel out hyperbole

1 hour ago, drds89 said:

Hearing's just fine jajaja! "extreme...hyperbole" is  redundant, but I'll take it. VC = hyperbole. Dude should just go Jonsi. Yes, I love Jonsi. ;smooch:

Adjectives describe Nouns it isn't redundant. So an extreme example of an extreme noun is for extra emphasis, but thanks for the lesson. Sorry for offending you I guess...

On 12/7/2019 at 1:35 AM, dantheriver said:

A lifetime of off key MW emo dudes sets you up to not be turned off by bad vocals I guess. Shit’s tight.

EDIT:

just read the Ian Cohen p4k review and it’s pretty good. He really does GET why the two different vocal styles work and vocalized it in a way that I wouldn’t have. 
All I know is my first play though i was for sure thinking to myself “wait who TF is this guy?” when nasaly dude jumps in after digging the first vocalist (that second song slaps btw). But when he comes back in on You’re Gonna Hate it all makes sense.

Link to review? Maybe I'll give this album another listen. . .  so much praise being thrown around.

16 hours ago, dantheriver said:

Can't wait to see Greet Death open for Deafheaven on their upcoming tour. It'll be like my 12th time seeing Deafheaven, lol. Seen 'em twice this year already and seeing them in a month with Power Trip, but will be my first for GD...super pumped!

Edited by tetsuodaironman

4 hours ago, tetsuodaironman said:

Can't wait to see Greet Death open for Deafheaven on their upcoming tour. It'll be like my 12th time seeing Deafheaven, lol. Seen 'em twice this year already and seeing them in a month with Power Trip, but will be my first for GD...super pumped!

Holy shit that was the deafheaven tour news?!? And they’re playing my home town in a super small venue. I’m fucking IN.

Edited by dantheriver