Shoegaze/Dream Pop Thread

On 3/26/2021 at 10:08 AM, CatsNJazz said:

This is some excellent lofi shoegaze from Seoul https://parannoul.bandcamp.com/album/to-see-the-next-part-of-the-dream

Hey thanks for the suggestion on this one. Like the others, I was bummed there wasn’t a vinyl pressing and the cassette was sold out but just picked up one of the 2nd tape run!! 

Stoked! Only 17 out of the 200 left FYI. 

30 minutes ago, OneThreeOneTwo said:

It's a great album, but I don't imagine any shoegaze-happy labels are going to release a first album on 2 x LP right out of the gates.

I could see Topshelf releasing this, though.

That was my first thought. They took a chance on mid air thief and look at how that worked out.

On 4/2/2021 at 7:35 AM, dapeebs said:

Damn that color is way better than the plain silver. Guess I’m gonna see if I can get quiet panic to cancel that one.

On 4/2/2021 at 8:48 AM, OldKentuckyShark said:

Yeah I’m doing the same

Me too. I don't care if they're a small band with next to no following who only put more copies up because some people missed out on a reflective cover they didn't think would sell so fast. They even changed the variant up so those of us that were quick don't get mad because it was advertised as /100 those assholes.

3 minutes ago, OneThreeOneTwo said:

Jeez, maybe being sPoOnFeD links really is a bad thing after all.

Haha, why are you still so salty about this concept?  Do you not see the appeal of actual fans of a band discussing new releases and sharing links among one another, in active threads?  It’s also not really difficult to follow a band on any form of social media to monitor teasers, early announcements, etc.  Requiring a new thread for every potential PO clutters the board and also helps the stl_ben’s out there to gauge “what the kids seem to be into” for even less of a chance at limited drops.  None of this is really that deep.

53 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

Haha, why are you still so salty about this concept?  

Just laughing at the hypocrisy of it all. Didn't read the rest of your essay. You seem easily worked-up about this so the rest of your reply was likely all psychological projection as well.

32 minutes ago, Your Ex-Wife said:

You could have replied in the other thread instead of being so incredibly white republican about it.

LMAO dude take your anger about a second variant being better than the first you bought out on someone else (maybe yourself?). I'm here to mock the rampant delusion that manifests here at the drop of a hat. Also, I'll reply where I please.

EDIT: The only thing wHiTe REpUbLiCaN here is your white-bro entitlement to "snark for me but not snark for thee".

P.S. being snarky is universal and transcends politics.
P.P.S. You think Toronto = USA. You're plain dumb.

Edited by OneThreeOneTwo

7 minutes ago, OneThreeOneTwo said:

Just laughing at the hypocrisy of it all. Didn't read the rest of your essay. You seem easily worked-up about this so the rest of your reply was likely all psychological projection as well.

There were 4 more sentences after the one you chose to stop on.  Thanks for defining what constitutes "an essay" by your standards.  No wonder you're so opposed to actually reading threads for useful links.  It's all coming full circle now.  I hope you can eventually sort out your fear of literature before adulthood.

Also lol @ me being the one who's "easily worked up" over this reoccurring debate when you're the one who took the time to drum up the "sPoOnFeD" comment in the first place.  Seems like some residual butthurt to me, especially since that's from an entirely separate thread from a day or two ago.  I'd argue that you're the one bent out of shape over this, but your skewed rationalization continues to entertain, so keep it up I guess.

tl;dr – sorry you're scared of reading and still mad that people are more resourceful than you.  If VC still allowed color and size with text formatting, I'd make this last bit big and bright for baby to process with minimal effort.

20 minutes ago, OneThreeOneTwo said:

Video Player is loading.
Play Video
Play
Unmute

Current Time 0:00
/
Duration 0:19
Loaded: 0.00%

Stream Type LIVE
Seek to live, currently playing liveLIVE
Remaining Time -0:19

Playback Rate
1x
Chapters
  • Chapters
Descriptions
  • descriptions off, selected
Captions
  • captions settings, opens captions settings dialog
  • captions off, selected
Audio Track
Fullscreen

This is a modal window.

Beginning of dialog window. Escape will cancel and close the window.

TextColorWhiteBlackRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyOpaqueSemi-Transparent BackgroundColorBlackWhiteRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyOpaqueSemi-TransparentTransparent WindowColorBlackWhiteRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyTransparentSemi-TransparentOpaque
Font Size50%75%100%125%150%175%200%300%400% Text Edge StyleNoneRaisedDepressedUniformDropshadow Font FamilyProportional Sans-SerifMonospace Sans-SerifProportional SerifMonospace SerifCasualScriptSmall Caps
Reset restore all settings to the default valuesDone
Close Modal Dialog

End of dialog window.

Advertisement: 0:10

LMAO dude take your anger about a second variant being better than the first you bought out on someone else (maybe yourself?). I'm here to mock the rampant delusion that manifests here at the drop of a hat. Also, I'll reply where I please.

EDIT: The only thing wHiTe REpUbLiCaN here is your white-bro entitlement to "snark for me but not snark for thee".

P.S. being snarky is universal and transcends politics.
P.P.S. You think Toronto = USA. You're plain dumb.

I love how you talk about getting worked up and then you get so fucking triggered. I literally picked the one thing I knew would make you crazy and you took the bait and lost your shit so fucking bad. I'm physically laughing, thank you. No I don't think you're actually a white republican... I do think I have complete control over your emotions however. Emotional intelligence of a fucking monkey lmao.

54 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

There were 4 more sentences after the one you chose to stop on.  Thanks for defining what constitutes "an essay" by your standards.  No wonder you're so opposed to actually reading threads for useful links.  It's all coming full circle now.  I hope you can eventually sort out your fear of literature before adulthood.

Also lol @ me being the one who's "easily worked up" over this reoccurring debate when you're the one who took the time to drum up the "sPoOnFeD" comment in the first place.  Seems like some residual butthurt to me, especially since that's from an entirely separate thread from a day or two ago.  I'd argue that you're the one bent out of shape over this, but your skewed rationalization continues to entertain, so keep it up I guess.

tl;dr – sorry you're scared of reading and still mad that people are more resourceful than you.  If VC still allowed color and size with text formatting, I'd make this last bit big and bright for baby to process with minimal effort.

Calling your blather "literature" is delusion, confirmed. Also, delusion = pretending that my casual one-sentence post is worth your paragraphs of triggered blather in the first place. 

No one cares about your weird vendetta against stl_ben btw. It's certainly not worth making anyone else have check the updated release thread of an album they don't like on the off-chance that a bunch of new releases by the band got posted there rather than separate new threads being made for each, just to make the scalpers you have a decades-plus personal vendetta against have to do some extra work.

Here's the thing: If it's *that* important for you as a cause, how about instead of all this bullshit about spoonfeed, you actually take it up with the mods and petition to have them banned from the forum, rather than advocate for a sloppy, lazy, inexplicably-fearful-of-new-threads culture in the forums?

Edited by OneThreeOneTwo

48 minutes ago, Your Ex-Wife said:

Emotional intelligence of a fucking monkey lmao.

Says the guy who think anyone cares how you feel about having to cancel a variant PO you don't like anymore. Says the emotional retard how would literally admit to trolling, and pretend "white Republican" would even stick to a Canadian. Take the L that you're a dumb Yankee Doodle loser and stop replying.

23 minutes ago, OneThreeOneTwo said:

Says the guy who think anyone cares how you feel about having to cancel a variant PO you don't like anymore. Says the emotional retard how would literally admit to trolling, and pretend "white Republican" would even stick to a Canadian. Take the L that you're a dumb Yankee Doodle loser and stop replying.

You're so insanely mad. I like how you cut out the part of my post that makes you look extra dumb. Like, it's clear what I said worked and you keep giving more examples. I thought Canadian schooling was supposed to be better than America but I guess not. Oh well.

24 minutes ago, OneThreeOneTwo said:

Calling your blather "literature" is delusion, confirmed. Also, delusion = pretending that my casual one-sentence post is worth your paragraphs of triggered blather in the first place. 

No one cares about your weird vendetta against stl_ben btw. It's certainly not worth making anyone else have check the updated release thread of an album they don't like on the off-chance that a bunch of new releases by the band got posted there rather than separate new threads being made for each, just to make the scalpers you have a decades-plus personal vendetta against have to do some extra work.

Here's the thing: If it's *that* important for you as a cause, how about instead of all this bullshit about spoonfeed, you actually take it up with the mods and petition to have them banned from the forum, rather than advocate for a sloppy, lazy, inexplicably-fearful-of-new-threads culture in the forums?

Oh, I didn't think you were enough of a dipshit to confuse any forum post for "literature", or assume that's what I meant.  My bad for not clarifying the obvious; giving you that much credit was an oversight on my end and it won't happen again, I'll be sure to dumb things down real nice for you.  ~90% of VC is shitposting and nothing in the remaining 10% is worthy of being published as literature – I thought that went without saying – but I'm just getting at the fact you seem intimidated by 4 sentences in a row.  I wouldn't call that an essay by any means, but I'm also not intimidated by 4 or more lines of text in general.

To your other points: regardless of how you feel about me continually calling out stl_ben for unabashedly flipping, the fact is that missing out on a limited release sucks, and it happens a lot more when dumb hype-beasts or thirsty vultures catch wind of something in high demand on VC.  The truth is that it will happen regardless if there's a new thread, or a catch-all thread.  How's that for a plot twist? – I genuinely don't care whether a new release gets mentioned in an old thread, or receives a new one.  Half the time, VC is late to an announcement that's already been posted to IG, FB, Reddit, etc.  At this point you're just being ridiculed for being a whiny bitch about the whole thing.  If you fail to realize that, I really cannot help you.

It makes sense to create new threads when an artist has gone quiet for a few years, and begins teasing new material.  Or a reissue gets announced.  But you're really gonna' get up in arms when an accompanying EP – featuring reworked songs from the album – is announced in the album's thread, a few months later?  Alright.  If it's *that* important for you , how about instead of all this bullshit about spoonfeed, you actually just create the thread yourself?  Be the change you want to see.

12 minutes ago, dantheriver said:

This is a catch all thread for an entire sub genre, hardly spoonfeeding the tennis system

links.

The whole debate seeped in from another thread, there’s nothing wrong with this shoegaze one and the way it’s been operating.  I have never once complained about a new PO topic or posted “we were already discussing it in X thread, this one is unnecessary.”  Hell, I’ve been the one to create a new PO thread when I felt like there was enough interest and discussion to warrant it.  I don’t think we need to get silly with defining new thread criteria – is it a related project?  Has it been a set amount of time between releases?  Is it an EP or LP?  Are there at least 3+ people interested? – and I think there’s pros and cons to each approach.  I’m just goading the select few who are upset enough to vocally whine in multiple threads.