Shoegaze/Dream Pop Thread

9 hours ago, mrewest said:

anyways, anyone listen to that new Timelost?  I think it’s pretty bad relative to their first.  Hate the vocals.

Thanks for the heads up, I'll have to give it a listen - really liked the last one

edit: First song in. . . I hear what you mean, I think. It sounds like Rivers Cuomo on vocals...

I dig the guitar sound though

Edited by Mars

On 4/7/2021 at 12:00 PM, Derek™ said:

Outlander teasing something for this Friday.  Looks like it'll be a single [Sundowning] off their upcoming record.  Still need to see The Valium Machine get pressed, but I'm probably down for whatever they do with a proper LP, if that's what this ends up being.

Give me all the Outlander.  I’ve been dying for The Valium Machine on vinyl.  Wouldn’t mind Downtime either.  Stoked on some new jams.

On 4/6/2021 at 8:36 AM, Mars said:

Thanks for the heads up, I'll have to give it a listen - really liked the last one

edit: First song in. . . I hear what you mean, I think. It sounds like Rivers Cuomo on vocals...

I dig the guitar sound though

The first album was tolerable because the vocals at least somewhat blended into the background.  Here they’re at the forefront & doesn’t do it for me.  Agree about the guitars tho.

19 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

So what's the deal with the new Outlander?  It's a 2-track album?  The first song released as a single is great, as to be expected, but we have to wait until June 25th to hear the other song?  Is it 30 minutes long or something?  Is this a proper album or just an EP?  Don't really get it.

This is what is written on Chruch Road web store: "Recent Church Road Records signees, Outlander have today announced their upcoming EP Sundowning / Unconditional - due for release on June 25th" The first track is 8 minutes long and if i remember correctly the second is around 16/17.....

https://nosleeprecords.com/collections/pre-orders/products/viewing

Stay Inside's "Viewing" is getting a second press/500. "Dusk" colored and appears to be a black/pink galaxy based off social media pictures? Probably won't ship for about 6 months but it's a great album.

First and last time I ordered from diggers factory:
After they ignored my request to unseal the records and put the vinyl out of cover to avoid seamsplits  of course the first record (Meeting Places) arrived sealed with a massive seamsplit. Asked for a replacement sleeve, got a crappy handful of Euros refund. Requested "vinyl out of cover" for the next two records again, of course both (Fleeting Joys, Highspire) arrived today sealed with one inch seamsplits. Again. Emailed again and again and again.  🤬☹️

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Stomp Talk Modstone- S/T 7"

https://boxbedroomrebels.bigcartel.com/product/bbr-38-stomp-talk-modstone-5-track-limited-edition-ep

BBR#38
Stomp Talk Modstone

Stomp Talk Modstone is a group from Japan, and speak very little english. This entire release has been done via translation! Because they are that good.
So we have a 5 track vinyl EP (with 2 exclusive tracks) and a 6 track download including another exclusive track, which blows My Bloody Valentine off the map!! These 3 new tracks were recorded just for this release and no-one else.

So the EP opens with the ghostly backwards looping hypnosis of 'Quiet' before 'Untitled' phases its way in with its gorgeous dreamlike melancholy chords before the chorus literally explodes into the stratosphere leading into chimmming dreampop of 'Only Illusion' with its sweet female vocals and wall of fuzz chorus.
Side 2 starts with the phazed blizzard of 'To Be' before the epic 'Hurt' bludgeons us with its tidal waves of cascading blurred guitars & sweet vocals..

On top of that we have a double sided sleeve and a 12 page booklet, sealed envelope containing 2 postcards, BBR Letter, Download Code, Confetti bag and silk cherry blossoms.

Track listing -

Side A.
1. Quiet.
2. Untitled.
3. Only Illusion.

Side B.
1. To Be.
2. Hurt.

Download Extra -
What We Want.

1 hour ago, ganaar7575 said:

Stomp Talk Modstone- S/T 7"

Video Player is loading.
Play Video
Play
Unmute

Current Time 0:05
/
Duration 0:19
Loaded: 100.00%

Stream Type LIVE
Seek to live, currently playing liveLIVE
Remaining Time -0:14

Playback Rate
1x
Chapters
  • Chapters
Descriptions
  • descriptions off, selected
Captions
  • captions settings, opens captions settings dialog
  • captions off, selected
Audio Track
Fullscreen

This is a modal window.

Beginning of dialog window. Escape will cancel and close the window.

TextColorWhiteBlackRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyOpaqueSemi-Transparent BackgroundColorBlackWhiteRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyOpaqueSemi-TransparentTransparent WindowColorBlackWhiteRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyTransparentSemi-TransparentOpaque
Font Size50%75%100%125%150%175%200%300%400% Text Edge StyleNoneRaisedDepressedUniformDropshadow Font FamilyProportional Sans-SerifMonospace Sans-SerifProportional SerifMonospace SerifCasualScriptSmall Caps
Reset restore all settings to the default valuesDone
Close Modal Dialog

End of dialog window.

Advertisement: 0:19

https://boxbedroomrebels.bigcartel.com/product/bbr-38-stomp-talk-modstone-5-track-limited-edition-ep

BBR#38
Stomp Talk Modstone

Video Player is loading.
Play Video
Pause
Unmute

Current Time 0:03
/
Duration 0:19
Loaded: 0.00%

Stream Type LIVE
Seek to live, currently playing liveLIVE
Remaining Time -0:16

Playback Rate
1x
Chapters
  • Chapters
Descriptions
  • descriptions off, selected
Captions
  • captions settings, opens captions settings dialog
  • captions off, selected
Audio Track
Fullscreen

This is a modal window.

Beginning of dialog window. Escape will cancel and close the window.

TextColorWhiteBlackRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyOpaqueSemi-Transparent BackgroundColorBlackWhiteRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyOpaqueSemi-TransparentTransparent WindowColorBlackWhiteRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyTransparentSemi-TransparentOpaque
Font Size50%75%100%125%150%175%200%300%400% Text Edge StyleNoneRaisedDepressedUniformDropshadow Font FamilyProportional Sans-SerifMonospace Sans-SerifProportional SerifMonospace SerifCasualScriptSmall Caps
Reset restore all settings to the default valuesDone
Close Modal Dialog

End of dialog window.

Stomp Talk Modstone is a group from Japan, and speak very little english. This entire release has been done via translation! Because they are that good.
So we have a 5 track vinyl EP (with 2 exclusive tracks) and a 6 track download including another exclusive track, which blows My Bloody Valentine off the map!! These 3 new tracks were recorded just for this release and no-one else.

So the EP opens with the ghostly backwards looping hypnosis of 'Quiet' before 'Untitled' phases its way in with its gorgeous dreamlike melancholy chords before the chorus literally explodes into the stratosphere leading into chimmming dreampop of 'Only Illusion' with its sweet female vocals and wall of fuzz chorus.
Side 2 starts with the phazed blizzard of 'To Be' before the epic 'Hurt' bludgeons us with its tidal waves of cascading blurred guitars & sweet vocals..

On top of that we have a double sided sleeve and a 12 page booklet, sealed envelope containing 2 postcards, BBR Letter, Download Code, Confetti bag and silk cherry blossoms.

Track listing -

Side A.
1. Quiet.
2. Untitled.
3. Only Illusion.

Side B.
1. To Be.
2. Hurt.

Download Extra -
What We Want.

Grabbed this and pre-ordered their album Linger In Someone's Memory With A Lurid Glow yesterday as well!

A local label for me is pressing it, and I'm excited to keep watching his label grow.

https://gezelligrecords.com/album/linger-in-someones-memory-with-a-lurid-glow

On 5/5/2021 at 12:44 PM, JRHews said:

Not sure if this was posted anywhere, but don't miss this release. Amazing gaze from Finland (all Finish lyrics)

https://radiosupernova.bandcamp.com/album/takaisin

Given I am a HUGE Värttinä fan, while also loving Shoegaze, I am going to check this out. 👍🏻

Edited by Plarocks