Shoegaze/Dream Pop Thread

The reason I asked is because I was on the fence about buying the record, so I didn't pre-order and was waiting to see if I liked it enough after streaming. Someone asked on IG if it'd be on itunes and they replied "physical only" so I guess you have to buy it to listen first, which is fine. This is what it looks like from my end. It's still weird to me neither Quiet Panic or TS did much to promote it on the release day.spacer.png

1 hour ago, N8TRU said:

The reason I asked is because I was on the fence about buying the record, so I didn't pre-order and was waiting to see if I liked it enough after streaming. Someone asked on IG if it'd be on itunes and they replied "physical only" so I guess you have to buy it to listen first, which is fine. This is what it looks like from my end. It's still weird to me neither Quiet Panic or TS did much to promote it on the release day.spacer.png

No argument that it’s a little odd to see the album “quietly” release, but just to clarify, the above bandcamp example is what the page would look like for anyone, whether they ordered a copy through bandcamp or not.  The only difference is that bandcamp buyers should be able to find an option to download the record in full, from their Purchases page.

4 hours ago, Derek™ said:

No argument that it’s a little odd to see the album “quietly” release, but just to clarify, the above bandcamp example is what the page would look like for anyone, whether they ordered a copy through bandcamp or not.  The only difference is that bandcamp buyers should be able to find an option to download the record in full, from their Purchases page.

That's not entirely true - now that the album is released, I'm able to listen to the entire album there

On 5/29/2021 at 11:12 AM, ganaar7575 said:

cursetheknife - Thank You For Being Here 2LP (/115)

https://newmoralityzine.storenvy.com/products/32216002-cursetheknife-thank-you-for-being-here-2xlp
https://newmoralityzine.bandcamp.com/album/thank-you-for-being-here

The /30 sold out right away, but this album is spectacular!!

they need to repress this

32 minutes ago, The Fuck Whisperer said:

Anyone wanna do a group buy on the Tennis System digital copy since it doesn't want to leak to the internet? Obviously we all (who are interested) bought the vinyl already I'm just trying to pay an extra dollar to hear it now rather than ten.

I'm in for that.  I've been scouring the web for a leak but it seems like no one gives a shit about this band.  They got a blind ~$32 for me – for a single LP – months back.  Not paying $10 more for just a digital copy.  I wonder if Quiet Panic could provide a download if we e-mailed them?  If not, I'd chip in for a digital download.

5 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

I'm in for that.  I've been scouring the web for a leak but it seems like no one gives a shit about this band.  They got a blind ~$32 for me – for a single LP – months back.  Not paying $10 more for just a digital copy.  I wonder if Quiet Panic could provide a download if we e-mailed them?  If not, I'd chip in for a digital download.

I think I read Dan(?) Emailed them somewhere.

I asked if QP orders would get a download code on IG and they PMed that they sent out a Bandcamp blast but yea uhhh they didn’t. I think the band thinks QP orders got the same treatment as BC orders. I didn’t care enough to follow up. But I’m down to chip in with the homies for a digital if that’s what we gotta do.