Shoegaze/Dream Pop Thread

16 minutes ago, Gumbo72203 said:

i guess i walked into that one haha, i figured the respondents here would be over the age of 12 lol

Booooo. Never assume that!

Pioneer CT-F8282 run through a Onkyo TX-8500.

Honestly not sure it really matters for cassettes though, thus the joke.

Edited by MachoHommeRandallSauvage

On 11/9/2021 at 11:31 PM, radiatorhums said:

When I bought my tape deck about 10 years ago, I found this to be pretty useful.  Should still be relevant.  I've got a Nakamichi DR-3 that I love.

https://www.cs.cmu.edu/~mleone/gdead/taping-guide/part1.html

I love that this is based on a Grateful Dead thing, beautiful.  Thanks for the info!

How good is that new Blankenberge?? Sheesh.  I know there isn’t much variety in their sound but Everything feels like they’ve perfected what they do.  

Also, Cecilia::Eyes was previously considered mostly post-rock with some shoegaze tendencies but these new songs are 100% dreamy shoegaze deliciousness.  Especially the newest one out today, “Parentheses”.

https://ceciliaeyes.bandcamp.com/album/sore-memories-always-end

On 11/17/2021 at 8:56 PM, mrewest said:

How good is that new Blankenberge?? Sheesh.  I know there isn’t much variety in their sound but Everything feels like they’ve perfected what they do.  

Also, Cecilia::Eyes was previously considered mostly post-rock with some shoegaze tendencies but these new songs are 100% dreamy shoegaze deliciousness.  Especially the newest one out today, “Parentheses”.

Yes, let Blankenberge keep on doing their thing! (vs PSUB which kinda lost me when they moved to LA)

New Fleeting Joys album for PO. Don't know how many they pressed?

I wish they would press Occult Radiance. 

You can still get Despondent Transponder RP as well -- I can't believe those are still around. And the discogs prices for Speeding Away... oy.

Fleeting Joys -- All Lost Eyes And Glitter

On 11/17/2021 at 8:56 PM, mrewest said:

Blankenberge can keep releasing the same exact album every 18 months forever and I will never get tired of it. 

Also, I can't believe I slept on Cecilia::Eyes before.  Literally just bought their whole discography on CD/vinyl.  New album vinyl from A Thousand Arms, move before it's gone!  Love their sound. 

3 hours ago, etphonehome said:

Thanks for the recommendation! Kept meaning to check these guys, really enjoy the crunchy guitars. I have gone from like 1 to now 10 pending vinyl/tape orders pending in the last 2 months.

16 hours ago, etphonehome said:

Thanks! I live in Oklahoma and somehow I never had heard of these guys before 

Anyone else familiar with DKFM shoegaze/dreampop radio?  Don’t recall if I’ve seen anyone mention already.  Just found out about this but there’s an app & it’s just a literal radio station dedicated to shoegaze & dream pop.  Just now listening for the first time & it’s dope!

Edited by mrewest